looks like someone finally understands what it means to be a american with no other

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
looks like someone finally understands what it means to be a american with no other

affiliations..looks like andy rooney nailed it this time..i just recieved this in a mass email best damn sound off i have read in a long time..call me whatever u want after u read this no matter what is said im nothing more than just a american

> > More of Andy Rooney's Philosophy
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I think that if you feel homosexuality is
> wrong, it is not a phobia,
> > > > it is an opinion. I don't think being a
> minority makes you a victim of
> > > > anything except numbers. The only things I can
> think of that are truly
> > > > discriminatory are things like the United
> Negro College Fund, Jet
> > > >Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and
> Miss Black America.
> > > >
> > > > Try to have things like the United Caucasian
> College Fund, Cloud
> > > > Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or
> Miss White America and see what >>>>happens,
> Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
> > > >
> > > > When 70% of the people who get arrested are
> black, in cities where
> > > > 70% of the population is black, that is not
> racial profiling, it is the law
> > > > of statistics.
> > > >
> > > > I believe that if you are selling me a milk
> shake, a pack of
> > > > cigarettes, a newspaper, or a hotel room, you
> must do it in English.
> > > > As a matter of fact, if you want to be an
> American citizen you should speak
> > > > English. My father and grandfather shouldn't
> have to die in vain so
> > > > you can leave the countries you were born in
> to come over and
> > > > disrespect ours.
> > > >
> > > > I think the police should have every right to
> shoot your sorry ass
> > > > if you threaten them after they tell you to
> stop. If you can't understand
> > > > the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see
> the above lines.
> > > >
> > > > I feel much safer letting a machine with no
> political affiliation
> > > > recount votes when needed.
> > > >
> > > > I don't think just because you were not born
> in this country, you
> > > > are qualified for any special loan programs,
> government sponsored bank
> > > > loans or tax breaks etc., so you can open a
> hotel, coffee shop, trinket
> > > > store, or any other business.
> > > >
> > > > I believe a self-righteous liberal or
> conservative with a cause is
> > > > more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an
> attitude.
> > > >
> > > > I think Bill Gates has every right to keep
> every penny he made and
> > > > continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go
> and invent the next
> > > > operating system that's better and put your
> name on the building.
> > > > Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to
> help you.
> > > >
> > > > It doesn't take a whole village to raise a
> child right, but it does
> > > > take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack
> his little ass when
> > > > necessary and say "NO".
> > > >
> > > > I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of
> all the suck ups that go
> > > > along with it. I know a lot of black people,
> and not a single one of
> > > > them was born in Africa, so how can they be
> "African-Americans"?
> > > > Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go
> around saying I am a
> > > > European-American because my
> > > > great, great, great, great, great, great
> grandfather was from Europe.
> > > > I am proud to be from America and nowhere
> else.
> > > >
> > > > And if you don't like my point of view,
> tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i like to have fell outta my chair on this one...FINALLY someone uses some common sense......

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
The truth is always easy on the eyes. My god that was great. The only reason we still have any type of segregation is because of people like Jesse Jackson. Jesse whats your job again? Why do u drive a mercedes?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
jesse wouldnt even have a job if he wasnt using people the way he does

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Finally someone makes sense IMO. People like Jesse Jackson are what's wrong in this country. This bastard has probably never had a job in his life but he's rich 'cause he threatens basically blackmails ( oops I guess the word blackmail is not PC ) rich companies into giving him money. I don't even think he's a good Black leader because he is only looking out for himself.

Bone

Awards
I've been saying that part about African Americans for years. ( not just about african americans, but you get the point) if you were born in America despite your color, culture, or creed, YOU ARE AN AMERICAN simple as that.

Peace

Bone

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Whites Swim in Racial Preference by Tim Wise (a white man)

“Ask a fish what water is and you'll get no answer. Even if fish were capable of speech, they would likely have no explanation for the element they swim in every minute of every day of their lives. Water simply is. Fish take it for granted.

So too with this thing we hear so much about, "racial preference." While many whites seem to think the notion originated with affirmative action programs, intended to expand opportunities for historically marginalized people of color, racial preference has actually had a long and very white history.
Affirmative action for whites was embodied in the abolition of European indentured servitude, which left black (and occasionally indigenous) slaves as the only unfree labor in the colonies that would become the U.S.

Affirmative action for whites was the essence of the 1790 Naturalization Act, which allowed virtually any European immigrant to become a full citizen, even while blacks, Asians and American Indians could not.
Affirmative action for whites was the guiding principle of segregation, Asian exclusion laws, and the theft of half of Mexico for the fulfillment of Manifest Destiny.

In recent history, affirmative action for whites motivated racially restrictive housing policies that helped 15 million white families procure homes with FHA loans from the 1930s to the '60s, while people of color were mostly excluded from the same programs.
In other words, it is hardly an exaggeration to say that white America is the biggest collective recipient of racial preference in the history of the cosmos. It has skewed our laws, shaped our public policy and helped create the glaring inequalities with which we still live.

White families, on average, have a net worth that is 11 times the net worth of black families, according to a recent study; and this gap remains substantial even when only comparing families of like size, composition, education and income status.

A full-time black male worker in 2003 makes less in real dollar terms than similar white men were earning in 1967. Such realities are not merely indicative of the disadvantages faced by blacks, but indeed are evidence of the preferences afforded whites – a demarcation of privilege that is the necessary flipside of discrimination.

Indeed, the value of preferences to whites over the years is so enormous that the current baby-boomer generation of whites is currently in the process of inheriting between $7-10 trillion in assets from their parents and grandparents – property handed down by those who were able to accumulate assets at a time when people of color by and large could not. To place this in the proper perspective, we should note that this amount of money is more than all the outstanding mortgage debt, all the credit card debt, all the savings account assets, all the money in IRAs and 401k retirement plans, all the annual profits for U.S. manufacturers, and our entire merchandise trade deficit combined.

Yet few whites have ever thought of our position as resulting from racial preferences. Indeed, we pride ourselves on our hard work and ambition, as if somehow we invented the concepts.
As if we have worked harder than the folks who were forced to pick cotton and build levies for free; harder than the Latino immigrants who spend 10 hours a day in fields picking strawberries or tomatoes; harder than the (mostly) women of color who clean hotel rooms or change bedpans in hospitals, or the (mostly) men of color who collect our garbage.

We strike the pose of self-sufficiency while ignoring the advantages we have been afforded in every realm of activity: housing, education, employment, criminal justice, politics, banking and business. We ignore the fact that at almost every turn, our hard work has been met with access to an opportunity structure denied to millions of others. Privilege, to us, is like water to the fish: invisible precisely because we cannot imagine life without it.

It is that context that best explains the duplicity of the President's recent criticisms of affirmative action at the University of Michigan. President Bush, himself a lifelong recipient of affirmative action – the kind set aside for the mediocre rich – recently proclaimed that the school's policies were examples of unfair racial preference. Yet in doing so he not only showed a profound ignorance of the Michigan policy, but made clear the inability of yet another white person to grasp the magnitude of white privilege still in operation.

The President attacked Michigan's policy of awarding 20 points (on a 150-point evaluation scale) to undergraduate applicants who are members of underrepresented minorities (which at U of M means blacks, Latinos and American Indians). To many whites such a "preference" is blatantly discriminatory.
Bush failed to mention that greater numbers of points are awarded for other things that amount to preferences for whites to the exclusion of people of color.
For example, Michigan awards 20 points to any student from a low-income background, regardless of race. Since these points cannot be combined with those for minority status (in other words poor blacks don't get 40 points), in effect this is a preference for poor whites.
Then Michigan awards 16 points to students who hail from the Upper Peninsula of the state: a rural, largely isolated, and almost completely white area.

Of course both preferences are fair, based as they are on the recognition that economic status and even geography (as with race) can have a profound effect on the quality of K-12 schooling that one receives, and that no one should be punished for things that are beyond their control. But note that such preferences – though disproportionately awarded to whites – remain uncriticized, while preferences for people of color become the target for reactionary anger. Once again, white preference remains hidden because it is more subtle, more ingrained, and isn't called white preference, even if that's the effect.
But that's not all. Ten points are awarded to students who attended top-notch high schools, and another eight points are given to students who took an especially demanding AP and honors curriculum.

As with points for those from the Upper Peninsula, these preferences may be race-neutral in theory, but in practice they are anything but. Because of intense racial isolation (and Michigan's schools are the most segregated in America for blacks, according to research by the Harvard Civil Rights Project), students of color will rarely attend the "best" schools, and on average, schools serving mostly black and Latino students offer only a third as many AP and honors courses as schools serving mostly whites.

So even truly talented students of color will be unable to access those extra points simply because of where they live, their economic status and ultimately their race, which is intertwined with both.
Four more points are awarded to students who have a parent who attended the U of M: a kind of affirmative action with which the President is intimately familiar, and which almost exclusively goes to whites. Ironically, while alumni preference could work toward the interest of diversity if combined with aggressive race-based affirmative action (by creating a larger number of black and brown alums), the rollback of the latter, combined with the almost guaranteed retention of the former, will only further perpetuate white preference.

So the U of M offers 20 "extra" points to the typical black, Latino or indigenous applicant, while offering various combinations worth up to 58 extra points for students who will almost all be white. But while the first of these are seen as examples of racial preferences, the second are not, hidden as they are behind the structure of social inequities that limit where people live, where they go to school, and the kinds of opportunities they have been afforded. White preferences, the result of the normal workings of a racist society, can remain out of sight and out of mind, while the power of the state is turned against the paltry preferences meant to offset them.

Very telling is the oft-heard comment by whites, "If I had only been black I would have gotten into my first-choice college."
Such a statement not only ignores the fact that whites are more likely than members of any other group – even with affirmative action in place – to get into their first-choice school, but it also presumes, as anti-racist activist Paul Marcus explains, "that if these whites were black, everything else about their life would have remained the same." In other words, that it would have made no negative difference as to where they went to school, what their family income was, or anything else.

The ability to believe that being black would have made no difference (other than a beneficial one when it came time for college), and that being white has made no positive difference, is rooted in privilege itself: the privilege that allows one to not have to think about race on a daily basis; to not have one's intelligence questioned by best-selling books; to not have to worry about being viewed as a "out of place" when driving, shopping, buying a home, or for that matter, attending the University of Michigan.

So long as those privileges remain firmly in place and the preferential treatment that flows from those privileges continues to work to the benefit of whites, all talk of ending affirmative action is not only premature but a slap in the face to those who have fought, and died, for equal opportunity.”

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
Whites Swim in Racial Preference by Tim Wise (a white man)

Indeed, the value of preferences to whites over the years is so enormous that the current baby-boomer generation of whites is currently in the process of inheriting between $7-10 trillion in assets from their parents and grandparents – property handed down by those who were able to accumulate assets at a time when people of color by and large could not.

Wow...I could have sworn  grew up in a single-mother household making $675 a month. All that time I could have been paying polo and eating caviar.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

Wow...I could have sworn  grew up in a single-mother household making $675 a month. All that time I could have been paying polo and eating caviar.
i'm with you dsade...i grew up in a very similar situation. and to think i had all these advantages growing up i missed....

destro19

destro19

Awards
IMO there are two perspectives.  The outside looking in and the inside looking out.  As a Black American I have been Profiled, Discriminated against and been subject to racism.  Stopped for driving my mothers car cause it’s a convertible BMW.  Told that the only position available was a truck driving position at an office where the ad said hiring clerical position, Experience required, BTW I had over a years experience.  Called all kinds of things when I attended School in Louisiana in Baton Rouge.  I also have seen the other perspective also.  Remember the sniper.  Remember before he was caught. Who were we looking for? Describe your typical sniper suspect.  I know many blacks that are just as racist whites.  I don’t publicly display what I may or may not personally think of other races but I know many who do.  "White boys are crazy", "Asians and Indians are rude and they smell". 

I go to a HBCU (Historically Black College University) and I Remember after 9/11 we had a discussion in class. I was laughing hard as hell at all the people in my class.  "I think those people should go back where they came from."  " I don’t like their stores."  "They should learn English and stop speaking that googly moogley."  "We should just round'em all up."  I said to the class why don’t we dress in white sheets and go get'em.  Some got it some didn’t.  I now see that no matter what is done we can't end racism.  Just cant be done.

We always look at others and compare them to ourselves.  Even our own subculture (bodybuilding and weight lifters) look at those who don’t share our same level of enthusiasm.  We criticize how they train and how the look and the fact that we think they take no pride in there selves physically.  My point is that it’s easy for you consider your self as someone who is not a racist but you are some kind of "ist" on some level.  There are those who choose to get along with everyone and those who chose to get along with their group. 

I will be completely honest here.  When I read the first post I said to myself "there goes some old racist white man opening his mouth and spilling a bunch of his garbage." Then he uses the now popular "I have black friends and they ___."  Put in contrast I feel the same way when allot of our (black) leaders speak.  "Here comes come Christian/Muslim leader with his blah blah blah. And he has a nice house car and his kids don’t go to public school."

We can choose to live together in this world or live against each other.  I respect all the guys on the board as well as their opinions.   I also know that there is no way I can understand their experiences.  I have my inside looking out view.  I would know about trying to get into UM and getting turned down cause I was white.  I couldn’t understand how it would be to be let go from your job because they need to hire more minorities.  At the same time I wouldn’t expect some one to understand my circumstances.  They may relate but you can’t understand tem till you walked a mile in my skin.

There is a real root to all evil and it is not money.  It’s not the Devil.  Its something far more sinister and well disguised. Can you guess what it is?  I’m sure someone will understand it if they think hard enough.  Here is a hint.  It is one other the original forms of separation that exist even within races. Can you guess??       

dieseldude

Awards
Fat headed Pride?

Self pride, and thinking that your better than than the next guy is the real root of all prejudice.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Destro19, I read you post and understand what your saying. My beef is with Jesse Jackson. He is a money grubbing mooch. The man talks about rights and equality but wheres the equality when he speaks to millions of men and woman that work ten times as hard as him and live in two bedroom homes while he sits in his mansion. No one can honestly say his motive is soley equality. I understand he must have a house and food, clothes etc. But why not live modest and give the rest of that money to an organization or a fund. He's like the evangelist's on TV, praise the lord jesus and donate ten dollars to be saved, blah blah blah.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
IMO there are two perspectives.  The outside looking in and the inside looking out.  As a Black American I have been Profiled, Discriminated against and been subject to racism.  Stopped for driving my mothers car cause it’s a convertible BMW.  Told that the only position available was a truck driving position at an office where the ad said hiring clerical position, Experience required, BTW I had over a years experience.  Called all kinds of things when I attended School in Louisiana in Baton Rouge.  I also have seen the other perspective also.  Remember the sniper.  Remember before he was caught. Who were we looking for? Describe your typical sniper suspect.  I know many blacks that are just as racist whites.  I don’t publicly display what I may or may not personally think of other races but I know many who do.  "White boys are crazy", "Asians and Indians are rude and they smell". 

I go to a HBCU (Historically Black College University) and I Remember after 9/11 we had a discussion in class. I was laughing hard as hell at all the people in my class.  "I think those people should go back where they came from."  " I don’t like their stores."  "They should learn English and stop speaking that googly moogley."  "We should just round'em all up."  I said to the class why don’t we dress in white sheets and go get'em.  Some got it some didn’t.  I now see that no matter what is done we can't end racism.  Just cant be done.

We always look at others and compare them to ourselves.  Even our own subculture (bodybuilding and weight lifters) look at those who don’t share our same level of enthusiasm.  We criticize how they train and how the look and the fact that we think they take no pride in there selves physically.  My point is that it’s easy for you consider your self as someone who is not a racist but you are some kind of "ist" on some level.  There are those who choose to get along with everyone and those who chose to get along with their group. 

I will be completely honest here.  When I read the first post I said to myself "there goes some old racist white man opening his mouth and spilling a bunch of his garbage." Then he uses the now popular "I have black friends and they ___."  Put in contrast I feel the same way when allot of our (black) leaders speak.  "Here comes come Christian/Muslim leader with his blah blah blah. And he has a nice house car and his kids don’t go to public school."

We can choose to live together in this world or live against each other.  I respect all the guys on the board as well as their opinions.   I also know that there is no way I can understand their experiences.  I have my inside looking out view.  I would know about trying to get into UM and getting turned down cause I was white.  I couldn’t understand how it would be to be let go from your job because they need to hire more minorities.  At the same time I wouldn’t expect some one to understand my circumstances.  They may relate but you can’t understand tem till you walked a mile in my skin.

There is a real root to all evil and it is not money.  It’s not the Devil.  Its something far more sinister and well disguised. Can you guess what it is?  I’m sure someone will understand it if they think hard enough.  Here is a hint.  It is one other the original forms of separation that exist even within races. Can you guess??       
you've made some really good points and its pretty balanced, imo. the issue i have is showing someone preferential treatment because of whatever.....i recently was denied a job because of that...one that i had prepared for over a long period of time. but thats just the way it was...so i move on. i dont blame the person...and for some its difficult to seperate the two, but if we are to live together we gotta learn to. i think mlk said it well in his speech when he said he wanted his children to be judged by the content of their character not the color of their skin. that is how it should be..he was exactly right. I know in my case its the system that creates the favoritism that i have a problem with.

as for an individual, their color or gender makes no difference....but if the wanna cop some kinda attitude they can take it somewhere else...i have no time or desire to deal with such. they are jus tryin to cover up something the feel inferior about anyways.

i can understand your classmates making those comments (not saying they were right) and i understand your analogy. in my mind tho there is a big difference in a group who has just tried to destroy our conutry vs a group of people who were brought here against their will and then some saw fit to make their lives a living hell. i dont think those responsible for 9/11 should be lynched or hung or anythingt like that...that's why there are courts of law. it is hard to look at someone who is apparently of middle eastern descent these days and not have some bad thought in the back of your mind. most of 'em i think jus wanna have a decent life like the rest of us.

anyways, thanks for having a good, balanced view...and this is just my .02

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jminis
Destro19, I read you post and understand what your saying. My beef is with Jesse Jackson. He is a money grubbing mooch
Not to mention he has NO integrity whatsoever. Other politcal leaders who are worthless? Let's not forget Al Sharpton and Bill Clinton and Louie Farakhan and Rev. Fred Phelps. They all should be "rounded up" and shipped off to a desert island, never to return.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Amen ww7. They steal from the poor to give to the rich.

dieseldude

Awards
Sharpton for Pres.............
LMAO! Just kidding guys.
What a joke.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by dsade

Exactly, I grew up in single mother household maybe making 675 a month. Foodstamps, state medical cards, and dumpy apartments (sources of great shame in my childhood) were the option my mother chose instead of the Trillions route. :rolleyes:

Milo Hobgoblin

Awards
FUCKING LAME

ex-banana_eater that crap you copied and pasted by whatever liberal peice of **** who wrote it is garbage.

He creates scenarios of opportunity and somehow magically links them together to make it sound as if they are purposely giving preference to "Whites" based on where they live and where they went to school.

The problem there is that without hard statistics to back those statements up they are "guesses" as to the nature of the preference. You'll have to prove that those neighborhoods dont let blacks in and those advanced AP courses dont let blacks in or they wont let blacks move to the upper peninsula.. DOES HE DO THAT? No just simply states that "its mostly whites who live their/attend those schools so the points are built in preference". AND STUPID FUCKING LEMMINGS READ IT AND BELIEVE IT.

But its hard to deny that if someone is given extra points SIMPLY FOR BEING BLACK... THAT IS RACIST. PERIOD.

You have now given someone an advantage and forced obligation upon another SIMPLY BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR!!

Are you FUCKING BLIND?

No one is preventing blacks or Mexicans from moving to those neigborhoods or driving their kids to those schools or oving to the upper peninsula except THEMSELVES!

NO ONE and I MEAN MOTHER FUCKING NO ONE DESERVES ANYTHING MORE THAN THAY EARN AND NONE OF YOU EARNED YOUR SKIN COLOR!

You want an advantage... go out and work for it.

And Destro.. as far as your heart breaking story goes... Blacks make up roughly 9-12% of the population but commit hmmm OVER 50% pf the crimes???? You want justification for the way you're treated? When a white person sees you he is going to assume there is a 50% chance YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! Whites didnt create this the BLACK CULTURE OF VICTIMIZATION DID... Oh woe is us... whitey is keeping us down.

It seems like the only black icons you see are glorified drug dealers and gang members and instead of using their advantage to provide good examples they abuse it and glorify it even more. Blacks in this country to utilize the media to their advantage and CHANGE EVERYTHING about how their viewed and they are FUCKING BLOWING IT on god damn rap videos and comedy shows where every other word out of a black mans mouth is "nigga"

White America sees what they are shown... every day being foced on us by the media.. Blacks make NO EFFORT to befriend us because they accuse us of being racist before they even know us.

Wake the **** up minority cultures in this country and creating their own destiny.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Re: FUCKING LAME

if someone is given extra points SIMPLY FOR BEING BLACK... THAT IS RACIST. PERIOD.

You have now given someone an advantage and forced obligation upon another SIMPLY BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR!!

Blacks make up roughly 9-12% of the population but commit hmmm OVER 50% pf the crimes???? ...Whites didnt create this the BLACK CULTURE OF VICTIMIZATION DID... Oh woe is us... whitey is keeping us down.

Wake the **** up minority cultures in this country and creating their own destiny.
IDEALLY, the first quoted concepts should NOT happen... IDEALLY there should be no need for affirmative action, I disagree with the principle... but in practice? At this point it's more than necessary. 90% of the business world still operates very much on an old white man, good old boy's club mentality and by god, only if someone is forcing them to hire a women or a black person will they do so... and only then will they hire a black woman to kill two birds with one stone... the second and third ideas quoted above express completely the wrong perspective IMO... when a group of people are only grudgingly allowed certain freedoms over only a few decades by a majority, what happens is obviously a catch-22 where an inner city black child (for example) has NEVER been allowed something even CLOSE to equal opportunity of life, no matter how hard his/her mother or father worked to excel and provide for them... this perpetuation of uneducation, frustration, and inopportunity LEADS to the crime statistics you mentioned, which do not surprise me in the least. majority parties with power will always attempt to stifle the rise of potential opposition, but the whole point is that this should not be the case when the stifling is based solely on skin color. life is not fair, it is competetive and yes there are roadblocks everywhere, but skin color MUST be completely removed from the equation. the very attitude that you're taking, this "it's their fault and they should change their attitude" is why progress in this area is so slow and difficult... people cannot seem to look forward with any real clarity (all people)... everything must be clouded by the past.

destro19

destro19

Awards

Originally posted by Milo Hobgoblin

And Destro.. as far as your heart breaking story goes... Blacks make up roughly 9-12% of the population but commit hmmm OVER 50% pf the crimes???? You want justification for the way you're treated? When a white person sees you he is going to assume there is a 50% chance YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! Whites didnt create this the BLACK CULTURE OF VICTIMIZATION DID... Oh woe is us... whitey is keeping us down.
Its ok to me that you feel that way cause I cant account for the things that happend to you in your life.  Like I said in my post if I walked a mile in your skin maby I could undestand your point of view but I cant. As for your statment on 50% of the crimes let me ask you this question have you ever been pulled over by the cops.  And they told you to pour out the beer and go home.  now what if they didnt.  What if you were arrested for DWI.  What if you and the other white guys from your football team were all dringing in the parking lot and you were the only one with the charges?  I never said whity is keeping us down.  I belive we keep ourseves down.  my parnts made it from nothing and now im privleged because of it. 

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
milo... you make points that are obviously very debatable. I can tell by the way you wrote that you are a enthusiastic about the issue. Just make sure to take into account that some people might not agree wtih you and might take the way you worded your response offensive. I think this is an interesting discussion so lets try to keep everything civil.

WYD

Milo Hobgoblin

Awards
Well... a little histroy then

I grew up on Guam during the 70's and 80's and had to attend off base schools (My dad was in the Air Force and they didnt have D.O.D schools back then)

I was one of 20 white kids in my school and grew up getting my ass kicked daily because I was white.. I grew up watching the local police (All Guamainians and ALL related) hassle my mom and dad and their friends every time they left the base. I watched my mom try and get jobs in the civilian sector constantly dealing with prejudiced locals.....

I watched the Guamanian kids blow off school spend most of their time getting stoned and hanging with their crews of wannabe gang members. BUT they always manajed to land jobs in the civil sectors/schools/etc... because they had friends and families working there ( I swear to god every person on that fucking island is related)

Ive been on the other side of the tracks... but I still busted ass in school... joined the Marine Corp, got out, put myself thorugh college and raised my son by myself.

You dont see me begging for a god damn hand out or specioal treatment.. I worked 3 fucking jobs as a personal trainer and still managed 8-12 credits a semester. If I stood around waiting for a god damn handout... Id still be waiting... but without a job.

You can blame EVERYONE else in life... you can blame the white man, you can blame the black man, but ultimately YOU are the one who decides how life will treat you.

Everyone always wants to find some outside cause to their problems and as much as I hate to say it... the black culture have become the experts at it.

I dont care how fucking poor you are... at 13 dollars a unit any trailer trash redneck or ghettoo ass black in this country can get off their lazy fucking ass and enroll in some classes.

You may have to jobs you dont like, you may have to work for people you despise... but you'll get what you earned.

And more importantly deep down inside you'll have self respect because nobody ever gave you a handout you didnt deserve.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Re: Well... a little histroy then

Originally posted by Milo Hobgoblin

I was one of 20 white kids in my school and grew up getting my ass kicked daily because I was white.. I grew up watching the local police (All Guamainians and ALL related) hassle my mom and dad and their friends every time they left the base. I watched my mom try and get jobs in the civilian sector constantly dealing with prejudiced locals.....

I watched the Guamanian kids blow off school spend most of their time getting stoned and hanging with their crews of wannabe gang members. BUT they always manajed to land jobs in the civil sectors/schools/etc... because they had friends and families working there ( I swear to god every person on that fucking island is related)

Sounds exactly like Hawaii.....

Milo Hobgoblin

Awards
LOL

Ya it was quite a bit like Hawaii.. lot more dumpy though.

Havok

Awards

Ok first of all
He's like the evangelist's on TV, praise the lord jesus and donate ten dollars to be saved, blah blah blah.
That was fucking funny.

The only things I can
> think of that are truly
> > > > discriminatory are things like the United
> Negro College Fund, Jet
> > > >Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and
> Miss Black America.
> > > >
> > > > Try to have things like the United Caucasian
> College Fund, Cloud
> > > > Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or
> Miss White America and see what happens,
I can agree with that

I don't think just because you were not born
in this country, you
are qualified for any special loan programs,
government sponsored bank
loans or tax breaks etc., so you can open a
hotel, coffee shop, trinket
store, or any other business.

and I agree with that. There are lots of poor people here, why not give them loans.

And if you don't like my point of view,
tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some good points, but some racism mixed in there. direct or indirect.

You'll have to prove that those neighborhoods dont let blacks in and those advanced AP courses dont let blacks in or they wont let blacks move to the upper peninsula.. DOES HE DO THAT? No just simply states that "its mostly whites who live their/attend those schools so the points are built in preference". AND STUPID FUCKING LEMMINGS READ IT AND BELIEVE IT.

It's not always that they are not let into the neighborhood, but many can't afford it. It's not accidental a lot of the times, and neither is the distribution of wealth.

No one is preventing blacks or Mexicans from moving to those neigborhoods or driving their kids to those schools or oving to the upper peninsula except THEMSELVES!
It's hard to move somewhere if you can't afford it, or if you can't get a job that pays enough.

NO ONE and I MEAN MOTHER FUCKING NO ONE DESERVES ANYTHING MORE THAN THAY EARN AND NONE OF YOU EARNED YOUR SKIN COLOR!

You want an advantage... go out and work for it.
Do you not think they work for it? How can you merit what someone EARNS, okay this guy does this physical work for 12 hours a day but another guy sits inside all day, who EARNS it?

Now, I am not defending it all, some people are forced to have those jobs, some drop out of school, some couldn't go to school, whatever.
You just can't single everyone out like that and claim they don't earn their money.

And Destro.. as far as your heart breaking story goes... Blacks make up roughly 9-12% of the population but commit hmmm OVER 50% pf the crimes???? You want justification for the way you're treated? When a white person sees you he is going to assume there is a 50% chance YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!
Blacks make NO EFFORT to befriend us because they accuse us of being racist before they even know us.

Now you said the blacks are sterotyped and they have a 50% chance of being a criminal. How many blacks can afford a good lawyer? Not many, so do you think they always have a fair chance (not defending guilty people here)

and then you say the black stereotype the white and make noefford

you are claiming that blacks are stereotyping whites, but then you stereotype the blacks into a group of criminals.

Even if you didn't mean it, like someone said earlier, people cast judgement without noticing sometimes.

Milo Hobgoblin

Awards
No I didnt

I dont think some of you will ever agree with me... no matter what I say... no matter what statistics I write you're going to justify the fucked up things people do and blame it on someone else..

I get the feeling that some of you do not understand "taking responsibility for your actions"

Those actions include... dropping out of school, having children you cant afford, not going to college, not getting a job, committing crimes, using drugs... the list goes on and on..

Those are choices made by people EVERY day... they choose to ignore the long term consequences of those actions and eventually blame it on whitey. You get arrested... racism, get rejected for a job.. racism... turned down for a loan... racism

Didnt it ever occur to you that all those poor desicions you made when you were younger would catch up to you? **** NO. I was poor it wanst my fault.

Then they ask for special treatment to make up for the long term consequences of those action.

You have created a culture of vicimization.

AND THE WORST PART IS THAT SO MANY OF YOU HERE ARE TRYING TO JUSTIFY IT.

destro19

destro19

Awards
Milo your opinion has been shaped by the abuse you lived through.  It may justify your point of view although I may not be valid.  Im sure others who have lived through similar experiences have the same views.  matter of fact my mother was joined the black panthers in the 70's after she was hosed and spit on by people in high school because she was black.  She still has hatred for white people. she cant stand that my brother dates white girls.  I have to correct her all the time cause she just says anything.  The thing about you over in guam is that you were seen as the threat.  invading there space.  The problem is for the most part most of us were brought over here and it wasnt by choice. 

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
well, I suppose I don't always agree with the "**** the unfortunate who make bad decisions, no sympathy should ever be exercised... I wasn't shown any, so **** em"... some people are able to recognize their situation and work beyond it, that's great... some people are also, whether or not they have been the target of racism, raised in a household where the values of hard work and discipline are still taught. by contrast, you cannot expect a long-oppressed minority as a whole to be able to respond in this manner. of course things like slavery, segregation laws etc should never have happened in the first place, but now that they have, and the deck is still stacked hugely in favor of the majority simply because of skin color, action must still be taken. turning a blind eye to the problem and saying "well, it was all your fault, you should have known better, go **** yourself and don't blame it on me" certainly doesn't improve the situation.

destro19

destro19

Awards
Well said Biggin.  back to my original post.  no the real evil  is not pride think harder bro.  Matter of fact remember back to when you were in elementary school and december rolled around.  Now think about it.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
.. the "G" word?

("gimme gimme gimme gimme!" :D j/k )

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally posted by destro19
The problem is for the most part most of us were brought over here and it wasnt by choice. 

Sorry, but this one drives me up the wall. When exactly were YOU(the individual) brought here against your will?

destro19

destro19

Awards
Originally posted by dsade

Sorry, but this one drives me up the wall. When exactly were YOU(the individual) brought here against your will?

if you are seriously asking this question you are A. completely stupid or B. to young to understand anything.  I hope its B.  for you to even make this point is completly a wast of my time to to explane anything to you. 

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I lot of things your saying I agree with Milo. But most of this come from white guilt. White people feel guilty about everything bad happening in the US. "Crack whore mother needs money, fine it was our fault". But I see the secio-economics of the inner city and country areas argument as well.
I just want to ask this question. If you had two kids applying to Harvard and they both graduated top of their class, high SAT scores, lots of extra cirr. activites. But one was a white kid that was from the hills of Tennesse and went to a high school with 60 people in it. And the other was black and from Potomac Md (rich city). Which would you take? Both busted their asses but who is disadvantaged? Black kid for being black or the white kid who grew up with no plumbing. Thank about that.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established

if you are seriously asking this question you are A. completely stupid or B. to young to understand anything.  I hope its B.  for you to even make this point is completly a wast of my time to to explane anything to you. 
His point is that you weren't brought over here on a ship and for that matter, probably have never met anyone who was... The point was, as I understand, that black people who were not subjected to slavery still hold it against others as if they had anything to do with it. Im not saying this is my position, just clarifying as I saw it....

crazypete

Awards
its good to see that most of us are over and above the stupidity of previous generations. someone made the comment that racism will not disappear, whoever it was i think you are wrong. yes we make decisions based on race all the time because it is the easiest factor to identify. however, studies have shown that when people are shown more information, they cease to make decisions based on race in as little as 4 minutes. this gives me great hope. i'm white, or so i appear to be. i am of hungarian descent which means i am a mix of who knows what, a little scandinavian, a little mongol, some turk, whatever. i have never understood nationality or race as i feel that i am a citizen of the world. i am proud to be hungarian and root for them and canada in international events, but character means more to me. i want to see the human spirit succeed, not any specific race or group. see the may issue of discover for an interesting article about race. there are many other good science articles in there as well.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Well, I personally am sick and tired of the "victimization" of America...white, black, purple, whatever..everybody is a fucking VICTIM. America is STLL the land of opportunity, if your willing to work for it. As in work your ASS off. I have, thru my career, worked with many uneducated people on my "work crews" in different cleanup jobs. Now, here is my opinion:

I dont care WHAT color you are, what your ethnicity is, etc..YOU decide to:

#1 Have a half dozen children with 4-5 different women. Last I checked, condoms aren't exactly expensive, and anyone can go to planned parenthood. So I don't want to HEAR you fucking crying..YOU made the decision to father all those kids, now YOU get your paychecks garnished for child support..YOU created this issue. Somehow tho...because of welfare and all these other friggin "give money away programs" I have to pay..for your fuckups.

#2 Get addicted to drugs. **** YOU..no one "FORCED" you to do drugs, they were YOUR choice. Work a job, making $400 a week, you can STILL slowly get ahead....but if you are smoking it, snorting it or shooting it..DONT cry to me.

#3 Party all the time. Again, do you want to get ahead..or do you want to just sit in your mediocrity? I see you wearing your $150 shirt, $200 designer pants, and $200 sunglasses..but it is "the Man" or "society" keeping you from getting ahead....ummmmmm RIGHT. The same goes for traier park trash who have a ratty trailer..and a $2000 entertainment system in it. It is called priorities. Get them STRAIGHT!

Of course, people do not want to hear that. They want it handed to them because they are black, or because they came from a broken family, or because their father was an alcoholic..etc. Plain and simple...quit your whining. Myself and my 2 other brothers were raised by a single mother. My father was an abusive lush who ran out finally when I was five. Ohhh,,, should I just whine that I am a "victim" and expect the world to give me stuff..or forgive me for comitting crimes? I do not THINK so.

I own quite a bit right now, BUT I still feel, you could toss me out in the street anywhere in the USA, with NOTHING and within a few months, I would have my feet on firm ground. Certainly not the style I live now, but I would be making steady forward progress. If I had to work 3-4 jobs..no problem. Been there, done that. Too many people..just want it all..handed to them.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Well, I personally am sick and tired of the "victimization" of America...white, black, purple, whatever..everybody is a fucking VICTIM. America is STLL the land of opportunity, if your willing to work for it. As in work your ASS off. I have, thru my career, worked with many uneducated people on my "work crews" in different cleanup jobs. Now, here is my opinion:

I dont care WHAT color you are, what your ethnicity is, etc..YOU decide to:

#1 Have a half dozen children with 4-5 different women. Last I checked, condoms aren't exactly expensive, and anyone can go to planned parenthood. So I don't want to HEAR you fucking crying..YOU made the decision to father all those kids, now YOU get your paychecks garnished for child support..YOU created this issue. Somehow tho...because of welfare and all these other friggin "give money away programs" I have to pay..for your fuckups.

#2 Get addicted to drugs. **** YOU..no one "FORCED" you to do drugs, they were YOUR choice. Work a job, making $400 a week, you can STILL slowly get ahead....but if you are smoking it, snorting it or shooting it..DONT cry to me.

#3 Party all the time. Again, do you want to get ahead..or do you want to just sit in your mediocrity? I see you wearing your $150 shirt, $200 designer pants, and $200 sunglasses..but it is "the Man" or "society" keeping you from getting ahead....ummmmmm RIGHT. The same goes for traier park trash who have a ratty trailer..and a $2000 entertainment system in it. It is called priorities. Get them STRAIGHT!

Of course, people do not want to hear that. They want it handed to them because they are black, or because they came from a broken family, or because their father was an alcoholic..etc. Plain and simple...quit your whining. Myself and my 2 other brothers were raised by a single mother. My father was an abusive lush who ran out finally when I was five. Ohhh,,, should I just whine that I am a "victim" and expect the world to give me stuff..or forgive me for comitting crimes? I do not THINK so.

I own quite a bit right now, BUT I still feel, you could toss me out in the street anywhere in the USA, with NOTHING and within a few months, I would have my feet on firm ground. Certainly not the style I live now, but I would be making steady forward progress. If I had to work 3-4 jobs..no problem. Been there, done that. Too many people..just want it all..handed to them.
Amen! I believe the term you're looking for is learned helplessness. This is what you've seen growing up, you figure there's nothing you can do about it, so, you perpetuate it. One long, vivious cycle.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally posted by whosyourdaddy02

His point is that you weren't brought over here on a ship and for that matter, probably have never met anyone who was... The point was, as I understand, that black people who were not subjected to slavery still hold it against others as if they had anything to do with it. Im not saying this is my position, just clarifying as I saw it....

This is exactly my point. The only slavery that goes on nowadays exists in Africa. I never owned slaves. My parents never owned slaves. You were not a slave. nor were your parents slaves. There is plenty of educational opportunity to be had all around us. 

As a side note, the Asians - especially the Chinese - had a lot harder time in this country. They were discriminated against and barely even considered human (by the government of the US) until WW2. In spite of this the communities flourish, to the point that they are also "excluded" from colleges in favor of "other minorities". It is funny to note that whenever a black student at my school excelled and got good grades he was shunned and called an "Uncle Tom", much like a lot of other successful black men. If he talked back and treated everything like a joke, then he was "cool" and accepted.

The rational voices against racism are the ones supporting just that - elimination of race as a factor in decisions. You cannot legislate personal attitude, but organizations representative of, and supported by, the government (read: the people) are forbidden to take discriminate based on race. There will always be the ones who try to blame their own failures on others.

In the Army, I watched a lot of people - black, white, every color - blow every penny they made on expensive clothes, and going to "da club". Others - black, white, every color - were smarter with their earnings, planning for the future. This is a question of individuals, not a systematic discrimination.

I hope I am not too stupid and a "complet wast of your time to explan" to.

Number 5

Awards
when i look at different minorities, it seems that asians and jews are doing a lot better than blacks. i'm getting a ph.d. now in the US, and half the class are asians, the only americans left are jews and no blacks.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Dsade, the asian american reference is SO true. I had completely forgotten about that. I just don't seem to see too many asians out their crying about how America discriminates against them..they are too busy working..lol!

In reference to blacks, it is a shame when your own culture holds you down. My best paid, hardest working driver is black, he makes close to $80k a year with NO HS education, and he cannot even read or write. (He signs his paychecks with an X). He makes that much because he works his ass off for me, and will work any day of the week I need the help. He has perfect attendance, and isn't late because he partied too much, had a fight with his wife, GF etc...and all the other typical excuses. If I told him I needed him into work at 2AM..guess what, he would be there right on time.

Because of this, I have had other blacks (most of which are no longer with my company) tell him he was a "suck up" an "Uncle Tom" a "whity lover" all becausehe didn't act disrespectful, walk around with an attitude, or tell me to "**** off" when I needed him to work some overtime. When he gets stopped by a DOT roadcheck, he usually gets out of it in about 15 minutes, because he is polite and respectful. He doesn't start with the troopers that "your just stopping me cause I am black" or any other horseshit, he just says "yes Sir" and "No, Sir" lets them do their job, and goes along on his. A few months ago, a DOT inspector gave him a card that he just showed for the rest of the week if he was stopped at that checkpoint, and they let him keep on rolling. The other BLACK drivers (I didnt hear any spanish or whites say anything) gave him **** all week about "sucking up to the cops"

To me, it is a shame. He makes good money, supports his family, and is ostracised by many blacks because he "conforms" and doesn't "fight the power" I guess you are supposed to wear expensive clothes, lots of gold, play your hip hop or rap as loud as possible, and do whatever you can to show society your unhappy..or else you just do not belong.

It is truely a shame, when your own culture is your worse enemy. Asians, Koreans, Greeks, all get together and pool their money, work together, and help each other out to get ahead. When the Germans first came to this country, they did the same thing, living in communities, and helping each other get ahead. With the time spent "fighting society" imagine how much you could accomplish, if you simply conformed..and helped each other out.

Number 5

Awards
on a side note, i spent a year zimbabwe when i was a kid, maybe 10 or 11. the high school i went to was british, but most of the kids there were black. at the time i didn't speak any english so it was hard to fit in, but i recall no racist behavior amongst the kids there. they were all really friendly as far as i can recall.

i'm not sure if black kids tended to hang out w/ other balcks and whites w/ whites. i guess you don't notice things related to skin color when you are that young, and you don't even know the concept of racism.

but then again, look at what's going on in zimbabwe these days...

G.E.SUPERHUMAN

Awards
ATTENTION: I AM BLACK ;-)
the thing destro is reffering to i THINK is religion

ATTENTION: I AM BLACK ;-)
the thing destro is referring to i THINK is religion
ok, the only thing i have to say about this ridiculously long thread is that Black 'Americans' need to stop crying the "i have been victimized' phrase and begin a process of self reflection and introspection, for our(i say our cause im black)community is inshambles and at this point allot of it is self inflicted) and I will take milo’s quote which is absolutely true “It seems like the only black icons you see are glorified drug dealers and gang members and instead of using their advantage to provide good examples they abuse it and glorify it even more. Blacks in this country to utilize the media to their advantage and CHANGE EVERYTHING about how their viewed and they are FUCKING BLOWING IT on god damn rap videos and comedy shows where every other word out of a black mans mouth is "nigga"”. And the fact that this is so true is sad. The mentality of the Black youth is different then what it was…they don’t understand why I don’t watch COON shows like ‘martin’(or anything he is in for that matter) or any type of drug glorifying killing each other movie or show. But then again like I said the mentality is different now with the youth.(and im 25). Now in terms of handouts…black-Americans have progressed a beyond realism since the times of slavery and have overcome horrendous obstacles…but in this day in age it appears to me that the ones that are still crying for handouts are the ones that don’t really deserve them. Regardless you have the leaders the thinkers the elite, and you have the ignorant fools, but that is true for any race. The problem is our leaders, thinkers and elite and the ones that have the ability to change perception remain quite thus the fools are the ones who portray the black race most of the time to the general public. And unfortunately that’s how the younger ones think its supposed to be. That’s why I continue to go out of my way to be a forthright citizen and an example(save for the occasional steroid use ;-). But truthfully racial “division” is minimizing in this country. Prejudices and class/social divisions are now based more than ever on economics. Listen, one CAN be "pro Black" and not "Anti White" at the same time
This is all I have to say and I’m not responding to anyone’s comments ;-)

BYE BYE

BYE BYE

destro19

destro19

Awards
ok you only knew that cause we have discussed it before.

anyway you already know I agree with you and i never once said that we deserved handouts or pitty or white guilt.  The only thing I demand is respect.  Most of the guys on this board regardless of political vievs or racial views would proably get along gust fine if they were to meet in real life.

Milo Hobgoblin

Awards

G.E. Superhuman....

After reading through all these threads Monday morning... my respect level for many of you has risen (not that having my respect means a god damn thing) ..........

G.E. Superhuman... I think its totally respectable that you can look past your skin color and see the problems facing your culture and realize the media is giving EVERYONE a VERY twisted view of black culture.

I hate to say it but the media is fucking all of us.