How to pick-up girls at the Gym - AnabolicMinds.com

How to pick-up girls at the Gym

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Kam
    Kam is offline
    New Member
    Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    303

    Reputation

    Cool How to pick-up girls at the Gym


    While I was finishing my workout today doing my cardio in the treadmill/bike room i was noticing a very cute short blond i took a couple glances at her and when I finished my workout she hurried and finished her workout, we somewhat walked out together. She went through the door and read something between the two doors and I walk by her saying "excuse me" as nice as i could. I didn't know what to say to her. As being I've lost any game if I ever had any because of the 4 year relationship I was just in that was just ended.

    besides "look at my massive muscles" (jp) what can i say to her that would be appropriate in the gym.

    Is it a coincidince that she left at the same time and we exchanged a couple glances. I could just be funny looking.

    I wish I was as in shape as I would like to be, but i've lost the gut and my arms are pretty big.

    to get to the point, what do you guys say if anything to women while at the gym and what was there responses.

  2. New Member
    theragingbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    123

    Reputation

    I dont go too the gym too meet women I'm there to take care of my body
  3. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8453

    Reputation

    situational openers are typically a bad idea...
    •   
       

  4. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Yeah, IMO, the gym pick-up line is simply not a good idea. It is far too awkward, because most likely she is going to the gym for the same reason you are: to better herself, not to meet someone. Best chance you have is to ask her for a spot when you will genuinely need at, and not come off as being a braggart or show-off. But, the only way that will work is if nobody else is around, because if you are putting up 315 you definitely aren't going to ask a 105lb woman for a spot. OR..You could ask her about her form on those hip abductor machines. I recently had to start doing them for this power routine I'm on, and probably looked like a duck out of water.
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    First look to see if there's a ring or tan marks indicating a ring and then if it happens a couple of times like this. Just walk up and ask if she isn't seeing anyone and isn't busy if she would like to have some coffee or lunch.

    If you're meeting her at the gym you both should be too tired to listen to conversation fillers.
  6. Senior Member
    MaynardMeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    676

    Reputation

    well.. i think you would do it like you would pick up anything at the gym.. make sure you lift with your knees!!!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    Just say "Hi" and introduce yourself. At the very least, you've gotten her name and can say hi when you see eachother. That's how just about all of my relationships have started.
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    To add onto my first post, I can tell you that my gf WILL NOT goto a regular gym because she despises all the guys oogling her. So, you definitely do not want to come off like that.
  9. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    468

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    First look to see if there's a ring or tan marks indicating a ring and then if it happens a couple of times like this. Just walk up and ask if she isn't seeing anyone and isn't busy if she would like to have some coffee or lunch.

    If you're meeting her at the gym you both should be too tired to listen to conversation fillers.


    Makes sense to me. I'd go with this approach.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Apowerz6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    1165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    While I was finishing my workout today doing my cardio in the treadmill/bike room i was noticing a very cute short blond i took a couple glances at her and when I finished my workout she hurried and finished her workout, we somewhat walked out together. She went through the door and read something between the two doors and I walk by her saying "excuse me" as nice as i could. I didn't know what to say to her. As being I've lost any game if I ever had any because of the 4 year relationship I was just in that was just ended.

    besides "look at my massive muscles" (jp) what can i say to her that would be appropriate in the gym.

    Is it a coincidince that she left at the same time and we exchanged a couple glances. I could just be funny looking.

    I wish I was as in shape as I would like to be, but i've lost the gut and my arms are pretty big.

    to get to the point, what do you guys say if anything to women while at the gym and what was there responses.
    A hi how are you always works. The most straight forward approach is the best one. Lines are just that lines. Also visit sosuave.com def helps with confidence.
  11. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8453

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    First look to see if there's a ring or tan marks indicating a ring and then if it happens a couple of times like this. Just walk up and ask if she isn't seeing anyone and isn't busy if she would like to have some coffee or lunch.

    If you're meeting her at the gym you both should be too tired to listen to conversation fillers.
    Ok I figured I'd go a bit more in depth on my response. Situation openers are generally not a good idea, but rarely they can work well. I'd try to stay away for the most part.

    Jayhawkk's comment it definately pretty good advice and has the potential to work depending on the girl and how you say it. For example, if you decide to use this approach you'll want to ask "Are you single?" rather than "Do you have a b/f"...Also it's hard to provide an approach without knowing how "hot" this girl is. I'm not big on rating girls, but asking a 6 out for some coffee or lunch right away will probabaly work, while asking a 10 the same question will usually send her running most of the time, regardless of if she's initially intersted.
  12. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2186

    Reputation

    Ah the resident pimp.


    Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze
    Ok I figured I'd go a bit more in depth on my response. Situation openers are generally not a good idea, but rarely they can work well. I'd try to stay away for the most part.

    Jayhawkk's comment it definately pretty good advice and has the potential to work depending on the girl and how you say it. For example, if you decide to use this approach you'll want to ask "Are you single?" rather than "Do you have a b/f"...Also it's hard to provide an approach without knowing how "hot" this girl is. I'm not big on rating girls, but asking a 6 out for some coffee or lunch right away will probabaly work, while asking a 10 the same question will usually send her running most of the time, regardless of if she's initially intersted.
  13. Registered User
    rocketscientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    46
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    Think Anchorman

    - sorry... I know you're serious...
  14. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Yeah, IMO, the gym pick-up line is simply not a good idea. It is far too awkward, because most likely she is going to the gym for the same reason you are: to better herself
    Not if you go to FSU haha. I must say the girls at the University gym are in full makeup, hair done, and always cute little pink and black outfits : D
  15. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27395

    Reputation

    Women LIKE to be talked to but especially like to be LISTENED to. Strike up a conversation that will involve her telling you about herself. IMO

    Worst that can happen is you will not hit it off, then you will know, instead of thinking about her in the shower while you handle your mangina.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  16. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Never say, "Look at my massive muscles." This sends the signal that you're more interested in yourself than in her, which is gonna make her think you're not interested in a commitment, but a quick piece of ass.

    "Hi" and "How are you today" are always a good conversation starters. If you'd really like to pick up a date with this girl, try hooking her into a simple conversation. After talking for a few minutes and successfully getting into good conversation, cut the conversation short (you don't want to waste her time, or lose her interest). Tell her you'd like to continue your conversation at a later time. Hopefully she like you, and you two can set up a time to meet for coffee, lunch, or something, or just exchange phone numbers.


    If you can't get a good conversation going, don't try to force it, that's like putting the square peg in the round hole, just give up and say you'll see her next time you two workout together. At least you actually worked up the courage to talk to this girl, and didn't come off as an a-hole to her.
  17. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    And whatever you do don't follow roid monkey's advice of narcotics in the drinks and smacking them around.
  18. Registered User
    rocketscientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    46
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    Found it - watch and learn (hope this works):
    guns
  19. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Like a six pack?
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Women LIKE to be talked to but especially like to be LISTENED to. Strike up a conversation that will involve her telling you about herself. IMO

    Worst that can happen is you will not hit it off, then you will know, instead of thinking about her in the shower while you handle your mangina.
    I think you should be alright as long as you don't say the word "mangina" around them..
  21. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I think you should be alright as long as you don't say the word "mangina" around them..
    Good catch - it can be easy to overlook that one.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Yeah lord knows how many times I have slipped in an accidental, "My mangina is long and strong" comment..Screws you over, every time.
  23. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Yeah lord knows how many times I have slipped in an accidental, "My mangina is long and strong" comment..Screws you over, every time.
    Especially once you've picked them up like a six pack - and then describe the origins of San Diego.
  24. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    If you guys are going to give me a bad rep for what I said, at least say what was wrong about it.
  25. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner
    If you guys are going to give me a bad rep for what I said, at least say what was wrong about it.
    Not me, I'm just having fun. At the end of the day, a laugh is welcome relief.

    If one is serious about this, the best way to meet someone is just to treat them the way you would like to be treated, and do so honestly. If you blow a bunch of sunshine at someone, even if they believe it, they'll eventually see through the veneer.
  26. Board Supporter
    okboy63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    51
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    270

    Reputation

    If you can't muster the will to say anything. Brush up against her butt and don't apologize as you walk alway. They know what that could mean and if not they will wonder.
    Don't be blatant about it or it will be a Mike tyson moment. Anybody can stumble right. Maybe you were thinking about important stuff. So you have some excuses.
    Convey the message that you want her sexually in some way


    If she passes by later and makes google eyes at you. All Money
    If not then at least you didn't get a face to face rejection.
    Yes treat them like you want to be treated I agree.
    I want her to rub her boobs in my face and grab my crotch
  27. Registered User
    Tighe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    Sounds like a way to meet Mr. PepperSpray
  28. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Hahaha..Yeah, I think that might be a better way to cop a sexual harrassment lawasuit as opposed to a feel
  29. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    tell her that working out is like cumming. she'll be immediately impressed by your passion for the gym.

    or she'll slap you.
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Tell her something like "Ya know, I truly feel that GHB has gotten a bad rep among the sexually active female community"...Wait, that's something that Saluu, The Roid Monkey would have said.
  31. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    If one is serious about this, the best way to meet someone is just to treat them the way you would like to be treated, and do so honestly. If you blow a bunch of sunshine at someone, even if they believe it, they'll eventually see through the veneer.
    I totally agree with you, and that wasn't what I was trying to get at in that post.

    Kam seems like you're typical, humble "Nice Guy". There's nothing wrong with that at all. That was my title all throughout my highschool and into college. For years it took me a long time to figure out what was wrong with how I had been handling myself withthe opposite sex. In college, I had the opportunity to see a seminar by David Coleman, the Dating Doctor, and learned a great deal about my problems. The two major things I had learned, which I don't think you guys are picking up from my post are the following:

    1) You can't be afraid to break the ice.
    2) If you give too much up front, you'll never be perceived as a potential partner. That's why I am for cutting the conversation short: 1- so you have something to talk about later and 2- so you don't give up too much up front.

    By no means do I advocate being a phony or a player and leading this poor girl on.
  32. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    I concur with the Sinbad (sorry man, I had to, at least once) on both fronts. And most especially not giving away the farm in the first conversation, if you tell her everything about herself in the first five minutes then all the allure of your personality leaves. And I especially agree with the being yourself aspect, the less lies you tell, the less you will have to cover up later.
  33. Board Supporter
    okboy63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    51
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    270

    Reputation

    Don't be scared off by a little pepper spray Kam. Grab her ass and communicate non verbally that you could have her anytime you want.
    Your a viking(or something else manly) not a girlie man.
    Pretend you just pillaged a village and now need to relax with a woman and she would do just fine.
    If its a first offense you can't do any serious jail time or anything.
  34. Registered User
    Tighe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    Kam I'll punch you in the spleen if you go around starting ass-grabbery like that.
  35. Board Supporter
    karategirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    255

    Reputation

    I am a girl.
    I go to the gym.
    I do not go there to pick up guys, but to work out hard.
    However, if I were to be on the lookout, I would probably give a smile, or gaze to the person I thought was hot.
    If he then came up to me and said "hi" I would show I was interested by holding a conversation with him.
    If he happened to mention that he usully goes to a certain coffee bar after his workout, I would reply with a "meet you there" if I was interested, or a "sorry I'm busy" if I wasn't.
    Easy
  36. New Member
    SHADOW2492's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Bump into her and say sorry did my muscles get in the way. LoL can anyone guess that I am single?

    Quote Originally Posted by okboy63
    If you can't muster the will to say anything. Brush up against her butt and don't apologize as you walk alway. They know what that could mean and if not they will wonder.
    Don't be blatant about it or it will be a Mike tyson moment. Anybody can stumble right. Maybe you were thinking about important stuff. So you have some excuses.
    Convey the message that you want her sexually in some way


    If she passes by later and makes google eyes at you. All Money
    If not then at least you didn't get a face to face rejection.
    Yes treat them like you want to be treated I agree.
    I want her to rub her boobs in my face and grab my crotch
    Nothing says I love you like sexual assault.

    PS if karate girl is nice enough I might let her bump into me.
  37. Banned
    Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SHADOW2492
    Bump into her and say sorry did my muscles get in the way. LoL can anyone guess that I am single?

    That would probably work for me. The girl would find it pretty funny since I am so weak looking.
  38. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Hey karate girl, I know of this nice lil coffee shop down the road... j/k :P
  39. Kam
    Kam is offline
    New Member
    Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    303

    Reputation

    thanks for all the advice, i can't believe how many responses. Karate girl thanks for the words of wisdom. We shall see how it goes tommorow I will be at the same time same place tomorrow hopefully she is there. and thanks to everyone else you really gave me some ideas. besides the sexual harassment but for some that could be a plan b (behind bars)

    But great advice, I might run into her tommorow and see if I get a smile and I'll go from there with a short no bs conversion.

    I don't like to rate women but i would give her a 9.2

    thanks again, i don't know how i'm going to look at her finger for a ring, but it's a college town so maybe 1 in 20 or so is married.

    Would trying to ask her how she got in such great shape be over the top? probably. i'll keep it simple. thanks again

    Kam
  40. Kam
    Kam is offline
    New Member
    Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    303

    Reputation

    that sosuave site is awsome, here is a link that was really helpful, just thought i should share it makes a lot of sense and goes along the same lines as the advice you all gave in here.

    http://www.sosuave.com/articles/talktowomen.htm
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. how much do you sweat at the gym?
    By Bigcountry08 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:51 AM
  2. How to pick up a girl at the gym.
    By steppinRazor in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
  3. Do YOU like to be hit on at the gym?
    By Kronic in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 03:24 PM
  4. Picking up women at the gym
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
  5. How to shoo-away dudes at the Gym
    By heftylefty58 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in