How big were your arms when you first started..

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
Lifting, what are they now, and what are your goals? What is your current arm workout?

Mine were 11" when I was 13. Now at 32 they're 17". All I do for arms right now is 3 sets of barbell curl with about 130lb. I don't think I'll be satisfied until they're 18".

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
the first time i measured were in college and they were 13". now they are 16.5" and about 1" of that gain has come in the last year. Right now I'm shootin for 18" also but hope one day to get to 20" ;)

Draven

Awards
  • Established
When I started they were 9-10" (Don't remeber exactly) and now are 14" (Cold and unflexed), 15 1/4 (flexed). Goal is to hit 16-17, at 5'9 that's quite big.

BigPoppaThrilla

Awards
5 years ago my arms were 13.5 now there 21.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I started when I was 14 and they were around 16" then (always had a somewhat decent arm size I guess). Now they're 19", but I took about 3 years off. I'm and bound and determined to get 20" damnit!!

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Lifting, what are they now, and what are your goals? What is your current arm workout?

not sure what they were when I started, they're 19.5-20 or so now, and my goal is to continue to bring my tri development (size) up to par with my bi's, which grow much faster proportionally. my current arm workout includes heavy standing curls (cambered/ez bar, sometimes db as well), seated incline db curls, "skull crusher" ez bar extensions, close grip bench press occasionally, cable work occasionally, and plenty of drop sets. I like to keep things changing (initial heavy movements stay the same), and I've always loved training arms, as they're one of the easiest groups to attain massive pumps, noticably increased vascularity etc in short amounts of time.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
BPT..jweave..great job bros and at 14 with 16" arms is more than decent size...i dont think they make a measurin device small enuf to measure my arms when i was that age...but at last on my way! and if i can get my arms to grow i' say just about anybody can...

BigAl

Awards
about 2 yrs ago were roughly 17", now 19 and a bit...always been gifted in the arm department...exercises are heavy seated BB curls (twinge in elbows when done standing), incline DB curls (face up) and inclines (face down)...for tri's, close grip bench, DB overhead press, DB kickbacks...

al

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i dont like this question man...why couldnt you ask what are chest size, or thighs, or i dont know, even our waistline/hip ratio or something. (ha). :( first time i recall measuring with a freqeuncy was only 1.5 years back (14.25 in) and currently 15.5 @ 5'9.5 and 180. Sage

Nelson

i dont like this question man...why couldnt you ask what are chest size, or thighs, or i dont know, even our waistline/hip ratio or something. (ha). :( first time i recall measuring with a freqeuncy was only 1.5 years back (14.25 in) and currently 15.5 @ 5'9.5 and 180. Sage
If it makes you feel any better Sage, my puny arms are only 13.75.
At least you can`t accuse me of lying, eh?

Wreck

Awards
I just hit 17", measured this Sunday after my last arm workout. That was flexed, with a pump. Started about 14 months ago at around 14-14.5.

5'11", 212.5lbs, somewhere in the upper teens with bodyfat (I'm going to start cutting next month), turning 35 in June.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
started at 14 years old, arms were about 13". Now that I'm 15 they are 16.8 and 17 inches

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

thats a great lookin arm but it doesnt look 19"

EDIT: forearm looks huge
People on a message board always seem to add 1-3 inches to arms. Some measure cold; some pumped. Some twist the tape measure and get a diagonal measurement. Consider that Sergio Oliva had an arm slightly over 20" cold. ;)

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

People on a message board always seem to add 1-3 inches to arms. Consider that Sergio Oliva had an arm slightly over 20" cold. ;)
This is true. He was a huge bitch.... still has the most incredible lat width I've ever seen. It's important to take things such as overall height and weight into perspective as well... a shorter guy (say, under 5'10") with an equally shorter humerus (compared to someone greater than 6 ft), possessing the same arm measurement will look absolutely mind boggling as compared to the taller guy with the much longer arm, who just looks very big.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Here's one of those pics I was getting made fun of for a little while ago, everyone have a jab at weave (yes that means you Big H, you've got to get one in sometime man!) :D

Here they are 19", same as they have been for what feels like forever. I blacked out the annoying glare that I forgot would happen when you use a flash in a mirror, duh! When I get to a more reasonable bf% I'll actually put up decent pics. :)

Attachments