Italy Anyone

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Wondering if anyone hear lives or has spent some time in Italy, preferably Rome. I am heading there for a few months next fall and would like to know what I should except, primarily in a bbuilding sense. How hard will it be to keep up diet, get protein (both powder and other sources) etc. Thanks

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
nobody? thought we had some international bros here...or at least a few travelers.

I

Ibanez

Awards
I would like to visit Italy sometime. I love the pasta! Anyway, you'll have to tell us of your experiences over there.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Heh...definetly will give everyone a summary. Never been myself, and will touch up my italian and such.

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Been to England twice but not Italy. Sorry bro!

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks anyways...how long you stay in England? And what did you do supp wise while there?

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Two trips totaling a month and I did not use supps while there. ;)

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I've hit Greece, Israel, and Micronesia... and uh, Mexico... not Italy yet though, unfortunately... would be fucking thrilled to go there, is one of the few places I'm absolutely dying to spend some time exploring, soaking up the culture, history, and FOOD. You say a few months Scottyo? That should be crazy badass bro :)

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin
Hit Greece, Israel, and Micronesia... and uh, Mexico... not Italy yet though, unfortunately... would be fucking thrilled to go there, is one of the few places I'm absolutely dying to spend some time exploring, soaking up the culture, history, and FOOD. You say a few months Scottyo? That should be crazy badass bro :)
Im with you, I want to hit all the places you  mentioned and Itlay to boot!

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Yep...plan on being there from september until december/january. Hope to spend a week in greece with friends and family before but we'll see about that. I envy you for going to Israel, been one of my top places for a long time and yet have not made it there. Now, with all the problems that are occuring, anytime I mention it to friends or family they think I am looking for a death wish. Can't wait to get to Italy though, going to be staying in Travastere, the old city, so culture and history will be right around the corner. Visitors are welcome :)

especially if your a 18-28 year old attractive female. hell, make that 18-38 if their attractive.:D

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I have been to Italy. I was not taking supps at the time so... I would think finding supplements there would almost be impossible, but I could be wrong. In short, take all of your supplements with you.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Ya, thats what I kind of assumed. Supp wise I could basically live off a multi-vite (even though my place looks like VitaminShoppe right now)..but the protein is my main concern. Might end up taking an extra suitcase just filled with that.

P

Panther06

Awards
Ive been to Rome. The city is AWESOME!!! But I was there my junior year in HS so I can't tell you about the supps or bb life there. But as far as food wise it is a lot of pastries and smaller portions then here in the US. Just to let to you know I dont think I ate breakfast once my entire trip to europe theyre not big breakfast eaters there, or atleast to what we expect in the US. Thats all I can really remember, oh yeah watch your wallet!!!!

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
According to my ex-girlfriend, Italy and Switzerland are the only two countries in Europe she really liked the food. Every other country(she's been to all many times) is an acquired taste(food I mean).

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Never made it to Rome, but watch your wallet is right. All I heard about Rome is that it is filled with pickpockets. Drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of eggs. They have to have that. If you can keep a solid diet, I would be more worried about finding a gym. Do you have a gym lined up?

Oh yeah, keep in mind this is probably a once in a lifetime trip. Have a blast. You can always regain that 1/4" on your arms.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Right you are there labrad. While bbuilding is a big part of my life now, I know that while I am gone its going to take a back seat and I am not really that worried. I think I have a gym lined up...not sure at all what it entails but better than nothing, and if I get nothing I just make due..oh well. My plan is just to make as much effort to get protein...workout or be as active as possible, but mostly just to enjoy the trip. I am a huge history buff and really want to see...and now eat..everything.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Ill listen to Biggin's bio with that...."shut up and eat" :D

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by WiNgS

it really baffles me when i see people from the states visit england....especially for a holiday? are you people crazy?
LOL, I love England bro. I had a great time there. I have friends there though, so that makes it very wonderful.

E

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established

it really baffles me when i see people from the states visit england....especially for a holiday? are you people crazy?
Im going next spring break for two weeks to play some rugby teams, and hit the bottle

E

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Lol, yeah it's generally against my system of beliefs. I like to be strict with myself. But I think 1 drink in three years won't hurt.

D

deftone

Awards
I went to Italy for a while last year and was in Rome for a little bit in that time. My only question is Why the would you want to stay on a diet, YOUR IN ITALY? All i know is, I smelled like garlic for a month.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean bro....and when I meant diet I meant it not in the losing weight side of things, but more in terms of just how I will mantain muscle,strength, form etc. I am at around 6-7% bf right now (used a few tricks and shortcuts) and am not really looking to go lower, but was more worried about stayin "in shape" after doing t1pro this summer a few months before headin out. Once I am there IM GONNA HAVE FUN...but would prefer if I could still find a gym and maybe score some protein powder just in case.

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
You can get protein from Customizer and supps from 1fast. Shipping shouldn't be that expensive.