Cyber-rights and Hush mail

bigbadboss101

Awards
Are these two the more known secure email provider? Which do you use? Any of you have both? I am wondering if it's a concern to have software from both on my computer. Not trojan horse issues I don't think?

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Dude cyber-rights uses the Hush mail system.... it's just another name. Watch when you login, it goes to the hushmail server.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I use cyber rights, there's also keptprivate.com for secure e-mail.

2demon2

Awards
Just remember that the person you're sending mail to or receiving mail from has to be using a secure mail client to keep the connection secure. If you're using Hushmail, etc. and receive an e-mail from Hotmail, you're no longer secure.

Bone

Awards
I use Hushmail. It works well. Just as 2demon2 said they both have to be secure addresses.

Peace

Bone

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know how to set up hushmail so that you can use it through micorsoft outlook express? I hate having to use a email account through a web page.

C-bizzle

Banned
Awards
Check the site faqs, should give you it's dns info or similar to where you can point the server addreses to.

2demon2

Awards
Anyone know how to set up hushmail so that you can use it through micorsoft outlook express? I hate having to use a email account through a web page.
If you want to secure a regular e-mail client, you'll need to use something like PGP to encrypt the messages. But again, both parties will need to use it.

2demon2

Awards
Very few Web e-mail providers offer POP service through OE or similar clients. Some offer them at a cost. But I doubt that any secure e-mail provider would allow you to get e-mail through OE, because then you lose the secure connection.

With PGP or similar encryption through your ISP e-mail, your messages are completely secure from the minute you finish typing it and send it to the minute your recipient opens it (assuming the recipient is also using PGP). You'll hear rumors that PGP contains a government backdoor, but many experts have read the source, and there's no backdoor. Here's an explanation from PGP's creator, Phil Zimmerman.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 7
Beau General Chat 0
LakeMountD General Chat 9
lifted General Chat 6
General Chat 7