Met my Idol, Ronnie Coleman, today!!

LethalGunz34

Awards
I posted the same post at bb.com today...with that, let's get to the point!

I drove from Montclair today to Clifton, NJ in order to meet my idol, Ronnie Coleman. As I was driving, I saw a street in Clifton called Olympia Drive. -Pretty ironic, eh?

Anyway, I stood in line outside for about 40 minutes and let me tell you, the wait was definitely worth it. I took a couple of pictures with him and he signed the Nov. 2002 issue of FLEX for me as well as another picture. Sorry, but I don't have a scanner or a digital camera so I can't post the pics

Anyway, Ronnie is super cool and he made a front double bicep pose(of which I took a pic of) that I'll remember for a LONG time. Everybody standing in the back went,"Oh shitttttt!!!!" Ronnie was the first pro bodybuilder that I ever met and I'm sure he won't be the last. What a start though, right?

In addition to that, the supplement chicks were pretty hot too. I also was able to talk to Angela Mraz, the 2002 Junior USA Overall Figure Champion and received her autograph. I also got plenty of EAS Myoplex shakes(they were in a big ass cooler so you could take as many as you wanted) and met the 2002 EAS Body for Life Grand Master Champion, Thomas Phillips. http://www.bodyforlife.com/finisher..._phillips.shtml

It was an awesome experience and I hope that Ronnie wins Mr. O this year. The guy deserves it. Peace

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by LethalGunz34
I posted the same post at bb.com today...with that, let's get to the point!

I drove from Montclair today to Clifton, NJ in order to meet my idol, Ronnie Coleman. As I was driving, I saw a street in Clifton called Olympia Drive. -Pretty ironic, eh?

Anyway, I stood in line outside for about 40 minutes and let me tell you, the wait was definitely worth it. I took a couple of pictures with him and he signed the Nov. 2002 issue of FLEX for me as well as another picture. Sorry, but I don't have a scanner or a digital camera so I can't post the pics

Anyway, Ronnie is super cool and he made a front double bicep pose(of which I took a pic of) that I'll remember for a LONG time. Everybody standing in the back went,"Oh shitttttt!!!!" Ronnie was the first pro bodybuilder that I ever met and I'm sure he won't be the last. What a start though, right?

In addition to that, the supplement chicks were pretty hot too. I also was able to talk to Angela Mraz, the 2002 Junior USA Overall Figure Champion and received her autograph. I also got plenty of EAS Myoplex shakes(they were in a big ass cooler so you could take as many as you wanted) and met the 2002 EAS Body for Life Grand Master Champion, Thomas Phillips. http://www.bodyforlife.com/finisher..._phillips.shtml

It was an awesome experience and I hope that Ronnie wins Mr. O this year. The guy deserves it. Peace
cool **** bro, i remember when i met lee priest for the 2002 GNC Pro Show here in new orleans. Cool guy, massive arms, and i could relate because we were on the same level (height that is, we're both short). something ill never forget and makes your strive even more to get that big.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here in ATX, my friend owns a high end car performance shop, and ronnie brought his viper by to have headers put on it. Oh my god, when I saw him squeeze outta that thing, by jaw just dropped to the floor. Hes a big mofo.

LethalGunz34

Awards
Here in ATX, my friend owns a high end car performance shop, and ronnie brought his viper by to have headers put on it. Oh my god, when I saw him squeeze outta that thing, by jaw just dropped to the floor. Hes a big mofo.

Bro, when I saw him, I was speechless. I just shook his hand like 4 times and told him Good Luck at Mr. O. It was amazing.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could meet my fav pro when it was his time, Rich Gaspari. He was down right awesome when he one the first Arnold classic. I did see Mike Christian at the airport about 17 years ago and he looked awesome. Of course I was only 15 at the time. I've seen some big dudes at Gold's Venice like that guy Thunder from American Gladiators but haven't seen any current Pro big guys. I can only imagine how huge they are now.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by andro69
I wish I could meet my fav pro when it was his time, Rich Gaspari. He was down right awesome when he one the first Arnold classic. I did see Mike Christian at the airport about 17 years ago and he looked awesome. Of course I was only 15 at the time. I've seen some big dudes at Gold's Venice like that guy Thunder from American Gladiators but haven't seen any current Pro big guys. I can only imagine how huge they are now.
damn dude! i remember that show american gladiators...wish i could still catch it if it comes on still.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established

damn dude! i remember that show american gladiators...wish i could still catch it if it comes on still.
I can't even remember the last time I saw that show. I think it was like 10 years ago. As far as I'm concerned Tonya Knight made that show.;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Was she Zap? I had the biggest crush on her! :D

Did you take a bicep pose photo with Ronnie, Lethal? Did he try to eat you? :D

(I was asked this same question both times)

LethalGunz34

Awards
Yeah Pete, I saw some big guy walking in for a picture but didn't notice him walking out. As it was my turn to go in, I noticed an empty ketchup bottle in the garbage can. I guess it was his 3rd meal:D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
that's pretty kickass Lethal, I've read many times about how cool the guy is in person, and how dedicated he actually is... glad it was worth your trip man.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff lethal, I would like to see how big he actually is in person, that has to be amazing. Next time post the photos man! :cool: