What do you hate the most about your roomate(s)

Cold

Awards
The thing I hate the most is when he sets his alarm for 6:00am, every morning. But he never gets up. Well, ok I take that back. He gets up, and either hits the snooze, or sets it for 7:00am, gets up and hits the snooze, then the cycle keeps going till about 11:00am or 12:00pm everyday. This has happened just about everyday for the entire semester. Today was the worst. His alarm went off at 6:00 like usual. He got up and set it again. I got up around 9:00, and got back from class around 10:00. Then just about every 10 minutes his alarm was going off. He kept on getting up, hitting the snooze, and going back to bed. This kept on going on till about 11:00. I had enough of this ****. So I said "why dont you just turn you're alarm off because you're not going to get up anyway." I said that as I stepped outside the room to fill my shaker bottle with water. As I was outside the room, I heard him punch the wall or something. So his ass was finally out of bed, and in the shower. Talk about something ****ing annoying as hell. I don't know whats worse. Being waken up every single day at 6:00am, or his alarm going off every 10 minutes when I'm trying to write a paper. Ok, rant over.:hammer:

powerfiend

Awards
The thing I hate the most is when he sets his alarm for 6:00am, every morning. But he never gets up. Well, ok I take that back. He gets up, and either hits the snooze, or sets it for 7:00am, gets up and hits the snooze, then the cycle keeps going till about 11:00am or 12:00pm everyday.
My roomie does the alarm thing too. Plus her boyfriend is in our tiny little dorm room constantly. I try to go to bed at reasonable time every night so I can sleep, grow, and recover, but they stay up with all the lights on being extremely loud. I swear there are times when her boyfriend and her are in here for 10 hours straight. And when there in here they are always making cutesy faces at each other, and tickling each other and laughing at the top of their lungs. In other words neither of them have an awareness or courtesy.

My favorite was the night my roommate was leaving for Ireland for spring break. She had to leave at 4:30AM, which would have been fine. But what was not fine was the fact that she waited tell 4:00AM to pack. She turned on the bright fluorescent light and used duct tape to hold her suit case closed. Duct tape in the still of night is loud. At this point I got up to go to the bathroom, I could hear the duct tape clear down at the end of my dorm wing.:frustrate

I could go on forever.....

Lightning

Awards
Keep a nice 5 lb. lump hammer next to your bed. Commence smashing when the second alarm goes off. After buying 2 or 3 alarm clocks, the problem will magically disappear.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Roomates suck...

I had a dude stiff me with an $800 long distance bill.

The worse thing in a roomy situation is when you come home from work and there they are. On YOUR couch, watching YOUR TV.

Go out and do something already!

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've had the alarm clock thing in the past, and it blows azz. Currently, I think the biggest thing is the mess that they leave!!! Its absolutely ridiculous. How hard is it to put your fukking dishes in the f-ing dishwasher!!!

SocrBalls84

Awards
Wow... I didn't realize how little I missed living in the residence halls until just now! My roommates weren't too bad though, so I didn't have any major problems. The dorms at Ohio State are pretty nice though... seperate bedroom from lounge area, private bathroom for us (a triple).

But, moving "off"-campus into our own house has been an interesting experience. Add some chores (dishes, food, cleaning up cups, etc.) and things become a bit more difficult. I live with ten other people (7 guys, 4 girls) so there's always something wrong... whether it be how our dishwasher has been full for the past week and a half and dishes are piling up (and I'm sick of doing it), or the cheetos from their party last night are still all over the floor.

Definitely looking forward to moving on to graduate school and living on my own ... but then, I won't have anyone to blame the mess on :blink:

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He eats like completey **** and smells horrible from it. He goes through 5lb bags of M & M's a week, everything he eats is junk food and it annoys the hell outta me. He is one of those kids with a small bone structure and looks skinny with baggy shirts, but when he takes it off BAM, fat everywhere on his stomach and so on. His spine, on the sides has fat going up. As in like people with a muscular lower back has, he has fat like that along his entire spin. When we saw a show on E! about something and celeberity bodies or something like that, saying the hard work they put in, he tells me why the hell should they care. He goes "im fine, I could probably use some more fat". he is skinny everywhere but has probably a 36inch waste, im guessing without the fat it might be 30. Yea, my girlfriend ended up calling him cheesecurd do to the fact that he doesnt shower everyday and he is greesy and because he eats complete junk food. He has so much ho ho's and crap that he uses his dresser for food, he brought his own thing to hold clothes. Our room is also VERY small for a double, people have singles that are only a few square feet smaller.

As you can see, he really bothers me. My rant ends here.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, sometimes in the middle of the night, he wakes up, opens his desk draw, grabs a handle full of M & M's, pops them in his mouth and goes back to bed.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
This brings me back..when I was in college, I had a roomie who used to eat my food all the time, I mean I labled it, sealed it shut, and in the end tried to hide it....It was awful, esp when I would come back from a run day after day and all the ice cold water would be gone...........so I started filling the ice cube tray with water and a splash of vinager......and bought my own mini fridge with a lock :)