Any of you guys ride Sportbikes?

jagleaso

Awards
Just wondering if there were any other riders lurking around here. If so, what do you guys suggest as a good leather jacket for larger guys? It seems most companies make their jackets so narrow that it's ridiculous to imagine anyone who works out squeezing into one.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Measure one for your chest and unless you have a really big stomach you should do pretty well. Riding leather for sport bikes are meant to be tight and the ones for pure racing have a built in form that will cause you to hunch.

I personally just ran thick leather that had removable kevlar and kidney pads. Zippered underarms, wrists and chest are a bonus if you are safety oriented and ride with leathers year round.

Try shopping ebay for ones with your chest sizebut give me a bit to check my favorite folder for the places I used to shop.

jagleaso

Awards
use and abuse are two different things my friend... ;)
Definately, Im just thinking abuse gets you that sweet protective muscle quicker :rofl:
Shoot I know i dont care about my internal organs..:jaw:

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
Joe Rocket jackets, go to some riding shops try some jackets on to see what sizes you are in different company jackets.

I got a great deal on my joe rocket jacket with liner(for cold weather), half leather/ half synthetic, 180 jacket 110 shipped, one zipper inop though but happy.ebay best bet. Get some gloves too they make life better.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Definately, Im just thinking abuse gets you that sweet protective muscle quicker :rofl:
Shoot I know i dont care about my internal organs..:jaw:
well mor emuscle isn't always better i guess, i put my bike down and landed on my shoulder dislocating it and breaking my shoulder blade. the doc said since i had a lot more muscle around my should it tore more of it apart and it would take longer to heal. that just what he told me, i was on a lot of drugs (in the hospital) at that point in time.

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
if u have reall issues with riding jackets u can go and have one custom made...its more money but sometimes necessary....i know some dainese retailers do it....i wear a dainese tattoo and it fits nice and snug how its supposed to...everyone have a safe season i already had some close calls

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
one word: dianese

i don't personally own any, a little pricey for my budget, tho when safety is at hand, no price is too high. i've ridden in a full dianese suit and boy is that thing comfy, great in the heat.

the jacket i've worn was a beaut as well. my next jacket will def. be a leather, hopefully a dianese.