Spiderman 3 potential for sucking! - AnabolicMinds.com

Spiderman 3 potential for sucking!

1. Board Supporter

Spiderman 3 potential for sucking!

I was browsing on the net today and saw stuff for spiderman 3 movie. I was like "cool" as I read it says possible villans are sandman and VENOME.... I almost wet my pants when I read Venome was going to be in the next movie.
    Then I read some bullsht saying that Topher Grace (Foreman from that 70's show) was going to play Venome.......

WTF !!!!!!

aparently this is all over the internet and even on MTV ......I hope I am not the only one that thinks Topher is a skinny little weakling b1tch and even if he drank all the steroids in Mexico he couldnt play Venome.

This is very disapointing news... these new movies just keep sucking worse and worse!

2. New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeh that's pretty screwed up if he still looks the same as he did a in that 70's show. I don't know how the original comics portrayed Brock, but I was under the impression that an astronaut (spelling?!?) would have to be a little more muscular than that. But you never know what kind of tricks hollywood can do to make Topher's appearance however they want. I'll probably still go see the movie anyway though.
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ
    I was browsing on the net today and saw stuff for spiderman 3 movie. I was like "cool" as I read it says possible villans are sandman and VENOME.... I almost wet my pants when I read Venome was going to be in the next movie.
    Then I read some bullsht saying that Topher Grace (Foreman from that 70's show) was going to play Venome.......

WTF !!!!!!

aparently this is all over the internet and even on MTV ......I hope I am not the only one that thinks Topher is a skinny little weakling b1tch and even if he drank all the steroids in Mexico he couldnt play Venome.

This is very disapointing news... these new movies just keep sucking worse and worse!
    Yup, this has been the word. I'm guessing he'll be in some decked up suit. I mean, HE BETTER BE!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

haha they already had a brock in the 2nd movie, wtf happened with him?
  5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaugher
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeh that's pretty screwed up if he still looks the same as he did a in that 70's show. I don't know how the original comics portrayed Brock, but I was under the impression that an astronaut (spelling?!?) would have to be a little more muscular than that. But you never know what kind of tricks hollywood can do to make Topher's appearance however they want. I'll probably still go see the movie anyway though.
    Eddy Brock was a reporter, not an astronaut. He was a ***** of Parker. Parker got all the good shots of Spiderman and Brock got diddly. He was a loser in the comics.

You guys are thinking of Jameson's son, John Jameson, who turns into some other supercharacter, but not Venom. That's not Eddie Brock though.

Though Eddie Brock was a strong guy in the comics. He was a brute force kind of person, but not very smart. Actually he was kind of dumb as a stone. So Topher Grace doesn't fit the role unless he really bulks up tremendously. Not unheard of though. While his natural frame is small, he could pack on some serious poundages with a good trainer, the right food and the right AAS.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.

John Jameson turned into the Man Wolf.

Also I think for Topher he will need an Anadrol, DBol, 2000mgs of Test a week and Insulin cycle to be able to bulk up enough

Mr.50
  7. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.50
    John Jameson turned into the Man Wolf.

Also I think for Topher he will need an Anadrol, DBol, 2000mgs of Test a week and Insulin cycle to be able to bulk up enough

Mr.50
    The Dbol is unnecessary.

However, I think he could benefit from some Deca or Tren thrown in. So something like 2g of Test, 1.5g of Deca, 150mg of Drol ED and 4 weeks on 4 weeks off of slin at like 10IU a shot 4 times a week PWO. That along with something like 6IU of GH ED.

That coupled with a 5-6K cal diet should put enough mass on him in that time to play Brock. Almost.
  8. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    The Dbol is unnecessary.

However, I think he could benefit from some Deca or Tren thrown in. So something like 2g of Test, 1.5g of Deca, 150mg of Drol ED and 4 weeks on 4 weeks off of slin at like 10IU a shot 4 times a week PWO. That along with something like 6IU of GH ED.

That coupled with a 5-6K cal diet should put enough mass on him in that time to play Brock. Almost.

O comon, if he's going to bulk up, you can't be putting him on a beginner cycle. YOu need to be hardcore, not stuff yuo use for a typical first cycle...
  9. Registered User

Potential for sucking: 100%

Reason: That snaggle-toothed zombie, Kirstin Dunst Makes me want to gouge out my own eyes with a pair of fingernail clippers.
  10. Advanced Member

Foreman playing Venom? Oh, man, they better pull a rabbit out the F-ing hat for this to come off good. I mean the guy's good as a skinny stoner kid, but a super villain? I dont know.
    Im going to reserve judgement til I see the movie. I thought the first two were really good, so I'll give Sam Raimi the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
  11. New Member

Venome? Who spells it like that? VENOM. And my guess is CGI will have to be a huge part of Venom anyhow, given his face, so they could always make him huge while he is in the suit...
  12. Advanced Member

Need I mention that Ryan Renolds was a skinny guy that has recently blown up. With all of the money Topher has and the money the studio producing SpiderMan 3 is going to throw at him, I think there will be no problem with his physical condition. Plus it's not like Tobey was some phyical specimen when he was picked to play Spidey.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

They did such a good job with the first two movies, I'd be a little shocked if screwed the third..but worse things have happened.

I'm worried about X-Men 3 since Brian Singer won't be directing it this time.
  14. Registered User

This is info. from Yahoo movies...
    Release Date: May 4th, 2007 (wide)

Here is the actors and characters:
    Tobey Maguire- Peter Parker/Spider-Man
    Kirsten Dunst- Mary Jane Watson
    Thomas Haden- Church Flint Marco/Sandman
    Topher Grace- Venom
    James Franco- Harry Osborn
    Bryce Dallas Howard- Gwen Stacy
    James Cromwell- Captain Stacy
    Theresa Russell- Mrs. Marko
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Eddy Brock was a reporter, not an astronaut. He was a ***** of Parker. Parker got all the good shots of Spiderman and Brock got diddly. He was a loser in the comics.

Though Eddie Brock was a strong guy in the comics. He was a brute force kind of person, but not very smart. Actually he was kind of dumb as a stone. So Topher Grace doesn't fit the role unless he really bulks up tremendously. Not unheard of though. While his natural frame is small, he could pack on some serious poundages with a good trainer, the right food and the right AAS.
    Yeah you are right about Brock. But in the comics he Bulks up out of hatred for Parker.
  16. Board Supporter

The difference between ryan renalds and topher is that ryan renalds was not an incredibly skinny person in van wilder, he had some size on him, better than the average person, compared to when he got much bigger for amityville. With topher he is MUCH skinnier than the average person, so he has to try to get much bigger than the average person, unless its going to be all padded suits and cgi.
  17. dsl
    officially an adult

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    I'm worried about X-Men 3 since Brian Singer won't be directing it this time.

I'm not worried, I think it will be amazing!!!!!!!!!! Have you watched the trailers? They gave me goosebumps, but then again I'm a big nerd...lol.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I'm not a fan of Topher being Venom.

From what I remember, Brock was the typical ex-collage football player who worked as a reporter for the Daily Planet. I think Brock faked pictures of Spiderman, and Parker (who obviously knew better), called him out on it.

With his career ruined, Brock had a lot of hatred towards Parker and Spiderman. The alien symbiote felt this, and since it shared the same betrayal and hatred towards them (since Parker used the church bell and sonic gun from Reed Richards to physically rip the symbiote off of him instead of permanently bonding himself to it like it wanted), it bonded with Brock.

This bond with Brock created Venom. The symbiote suit could mimic Spiderman's powers (and more) exactly. But Venom was stronger than Spiderman because the suit had a stronger foundation in Brock's body vs Parker's body to amplify.

So because of this, Brock should definitely be physically imposing to Parker if they want to stay true to the comic. Oh well, they have Parker being with Mary Jane BEFORE Gwen Stacy, so the continuity is thrown out the window anyway...

I think they'll do a good job, just as long as you forget about the comic and watch the movie "as is".
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I have no clue what any of you are talking about.

But, Topher won't come off as muscular without either Synthol or some sort of body suit/CGI.
  20. Board Supporter

Ok.. for those of you who must have lost YOUR minds and actually think Topher can even remotely pull this off here are some pictures....

This is the real venom
    VENOM_vol_3.jpg

This is the skinny little b1tch
    tophergrace.jpg

and this is the skinny little stoner b1tch trying to be the big hulking Venom
    topher.jpg

.....again I ask WTF????
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's like a metrosexual Venom.

THAT is pretty weak. I hope they do use CGI or something. Even Xmen 3 is using a rubber suit for Juggernaut on some huge football player.
  22. Advanced Member

They better use CGI. Hows the average Joe going to take Venom seriously if they let him look as if the average Joe could kick is ass?
    I mean cmon, most bodybuilders couldnt pull off the look Venom had in the comics, let alone Foreman.
    Im glad to hear Juggernaut will be well represented. He was always one of my favorite villains.

Any of you know when either Spiderman 3 or Xmen 3 are scheduled for release?
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

X-Men is May 26th.
  24. dsl
    officially an adult

Even Xmen 3 is using a rubber suit for Juggernaut on some huge football player.
    Actually, you've seen the juggernaut before, he was the mute in gone in sixty seconds, he was in Snatch, Eurotrip...His name is Vinnie Jones, just google him, it surprised the hell out of me. Colosus is an ex college football player, though.

Also, I hope that Topher can pull off being venom, but maybe they will only introduce the character and he won't play a huge role as venom. IMDB only list him as eddie brock not eddie brock/venom. IMO they really need to set up brocks hatred for peter before they go into the whole venom thing.
  25. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    Actually, you've seen the juggernaut before, he was the mute in gone in sixty seconds, he was in Snatch, Eurotrip...His name is Vinnie Jones, just google him, it surprised the hell out of me. Colosus is an ex college football player, though.

Also, I hope that Topher can pull off being venom, but maybe they will only introduce the character and he won't play a huge role as venom. IMDB only list him as eddie brock not eddie brock/venom. IMO they really need to set up brocks hatred for peter before they go into the whole venom thing.

You bring up a good point, he may just be playing Eddie brock (still not ideal for the part), but when venom comes around they may have a different person in the suit.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I hope that's the case. Marvel has enough bling to have Venom be CGI for the entire film and make it look good..like Doc Oct.

I have a hard time believing Stan Lee would sell Venom short and risk angering all those fans.
  27. Advanced Member

It seems like theyre going to have to do a part 4 because they allready foreshadowed Harry Osborne becoming The Hobgoblin. (at the end of spiderman 2)
    And it doesnt look like he'll be Hobgoblin just yet, cuz they allready listed Sandman and Venom as the main players in part 3.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Tobey has expressed reservations about being typecast as Spidey forever. He almost turned down part 2 because of this and a back injury. The money is probably too good to ignore though,lol.

Harry would need an entire film to make the trasition into Hobgoblin, IMO. Mixing it into a story with 2 other villians would be way too much.
  29. Board Supporter

yeah...thats gonna be no good..unless they are just introducing eddie brock......Topher would be a good carnage....but no way venom.
  30. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Tobey has expressed reservations about being typecast as Spidey forever. He almost turned down part 2 because of this and a back injury. The money is probably too good to ignore though,lol.

Harry would need an entire film to make the trasition into Hobgoblin, IMO. Mixing it into a story with 2 other villians would be way too much.
    I think James Franco made an excellent Harry Osbourne, a role in the film could be done. Besides Harry actually keeps the Green Goblin suit, Ned Leeds is the dude who stills Osbournes technology and eventually becomes the Hobgoblin. All you have to do is throw in a I hate you Peter Parker/Spider Man, and wa-la he's in the film.

Back to Topher the Gopher. I was worried about the casting too, when I first heard of it. I was also worried about Thomas Hayden Church being the Sandman, as the Sandman is a big dude as well. I couldn't imagine Loyl from Wings playing a big burly dude like that. I seen some movies pics of Church and the dude got big, not sandman big, but a lot bigger then I've seen him before. Hollywood worked this one out IMO, maybe (wishful thinking) they can do the same woth Tophy.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

31. Elite Member

Well guys famous people with money can make impressive bodily changes in short periods of time...look at Carrot Top. Now if HE can get that jacked Im sure Topher Grace can make a decent out-of-costume Venom. I admit though, it blows my mind that he would get cast in this role...I like that 70's show and everything, but I really cant picture Topher Grace playing any kind of action star.

BV
  32. New Member

more then likely they are using the ultimate version of eddie brock which was a skinny guy..so that might work
  33. Elite Member

There seems to be a lot of discussion going on the web who Topher Grace is actually going to be playing. Chameleon or Venom - so maybe he isnt going to be Venom?

Either way, in recent pics it looks like he's gained about 15lbs or so, at least he isnt nearly as thin as he was in that 70's show.

BV
  34. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    There seems to be a lot of discussion going on the web who Topher Grace is actually going to be playing. Chameleon or Venom - so maybe he isnt going to be Venom?

Either way, in recent pics it looks like he's gained about 15lbs or so, at least he isnt nearly as thin as he was in that 70's show.

BV
    where can i find some recent pics...i went to google but it kept popping out older pics
  35. Advanced Member

i saw some pics of the venom in the movie.....hes not puny at all but still not near as badass as it should be.....idk where i saw it so i cant link it.

they say he is going to have a purple tint follow the comic but what they dont know is that they only gave him the purple tint in comics so you could see him in shadows and at night the picture i saw he didnt look to purple though.

if they do use topher and he is the size he is now or even a little bigger ( hollywood buff/toned) i will be pissed off.

just wait till we hear that clay akins will play the role of CARNAGE, he would have been great as The Punisher.

How sweet would it be for ronnie to play venom....he would have to act or anything cause im sure venoms voice wil be done with special sound effects.
  36. Board Supporter

this is what I got for pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
  37. Advanced Member

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
  3. Am: Potential For Tv Exposure.
    By JWest0926 in forum General Chat