Wow... Nothing like obstacles...

SocrBalls84

Awards
So, winter quarter was coming to an end... and then everything hit the fan. Parents decided to get a divorce, somehow I caught mono, our house down on campus was broken into and a lot of my crap was stolen... the past few weeks have been horrible.

On the flip side... spring quarter is looking to be a lot of fun. I'm taking the minimum credit hours (basically because, I'll have no classes to take my senior year here... so, why not hold off a class or two to spread my college time out a bit?)... Ohio weather has suddenly turned into mild, less-humid temperatures...

I'm definitely pretty pumped to get going again... summer is just around the corner... talk about a kick-butt motivation... hopefully starting with Bobo soon if he's free... finally have all my crap figured out back home and can concentrate on myself.

I've been away from the board for a while... and come back to a few thousand new posts since my last visit. ha... I miss anything? ;)

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sheeesh.

Good luck w/ better fortune.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention you probably suppport what is the most corrupt football progam on the Earth.

Hey - my grandparenst are trying to escape from the nursing home.
I'm pretty sure my grandfather is going to get run over because he's using a walker.
It would be worse...

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
My dad and I just lost our job together due to downsizing and my mom is battling Abdominal Cancer. She has had 25 lbs of "material" removed from her body and is undergoing Chemo, again. My father is her home nurse right now. He gives her injections when she needs them. They get out to the beach everyday to walk the dogs. I get strength in the gym from my mom. Hang in there S, you're going to make it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It could be worse - you could be Glen (Mr. "I'm practially Japanese").

I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller,
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a six four Impala

I wish I was like six-foot-nine
So I can get with Leoshi
Cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine
You know I see her all the time
Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams
I can scheme a way to make her mine
Cause I know she's livin phat
Her boyfriend's tall and he plays ball
So how am I gonna compete with that
'Cause when it comes to playing basketball
I'm always last to be picked
And in some cases never picked at all
So I just lean up on the wall
Or sit up in the bleachers with the rest of the girls
Who came to watch their men ball
Dag y'all! I never understood, black
Why the jocks get the fly girls
And me I get the hood rats
I tell 'em scat, skittle, scabobble
Got hit with a bottle
And I been in the hospital
For talkin' that mess
I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city
That's the size of a box and nobody knows yo' name
Glad I came to my senses
Like quick-quick got sick-sick to my stomach
Overcommeth by the thoughts of me and her together
Right?
So when I asked her out she said I wasn't her type
(Chorus)

I wish I had a brand-new car
So far, I got this hatchback
And everywhere I go, yo I gets laughed at
And when I'm in my car I'm laid back
I got an 8-track and a spare tire in the backseat
But that's flat
And do you really wanna know what's really whack
See I can't even get a date
So, what do you think of that?
I heard that prom night is a bomb night
With the hood rats you can hold tight
But really tho' I 'm a figaro
When I'm in my car I can't even get a hello
Well so many people wanna cruise Crenshaw on Sunday
Well then I'ma have to get in my car and go
You know I take the 110 until the 105
Get off at Crenshaw tell my homies look alive
Cause it's hard to survive when your livin'
In a concrete jungle and
These girls just keep passin' me by
She looks fly, she looks fly
Makes me say my, my, my
(Chorus)

I wish I was a little bit taller...
I wish I was a baller...
I wish I was a little bit taller y'all
I wish I was a baller

Hey, I wish I had my way
'Cause everyday would be a Friday
You could even speed on the highway
I would play ghetto games
Name my kids ghetto names
Little Mookie, big Al, Lorraine
Yo you know that's on the real
So if you're down on your luck
Then you should notice how I feel
Cause if you don't want me around
See I go simple, I go easy, I go greyhound
Hey, you , what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down
Ahhhh, yes, ain't that fresh?
Everybody wants to get down like dat
(Chorus)

I wish, I wish, I wish...

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
My dad and I just lost our job together due to downsizing and my mom is battling Abdominal Cancer. She has had 25 lbs of "material" removed from her body and is undergoing Chemo, again. My father is her home nurse right now. He gives her injections when she needs them. They get out to the beach everyday to walk the dogs. I get strength in the gym from my mom. Hang in there S, you're going to make it.

You also hang in there, :)

cromwell

Awards
Sorry to hear this..best of luck. Three months ago I was supposed to move to the carribean and live with my girlfriend who teaches at a medical school there. Well after quitting my job and giving up my place I find out there is no way to do these things because she did'nt entirely research the situation and the only way I can go is if I "visit" on my own coin..which I just can't afford. So our two year relationship is basically over (she has another 18 months over there), she's depressed and rather emotional so I'm concerned. My mother is also not doing very well...sorry to pour all this **** out guys, I generally hold it in. Anyway, sounds like the old saying "life is what happens while you're making other plans" is really happening. Training is a great way to escape these stresses for a time. Let's all hang in there and best of luck to all..peace

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
nothing brings life into perspective like skeelo.:) hope things look up for everyone.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I didn't mean to try and one up you Socr. Sometimes you feel as if you are the only one with the problems, and then you realise you aren't the only one. TC, Crom thank you, I am hanging in there. Things don't seem so big when Cancer is center stage. We are still getting paid, why? Maybe they feel sorry for our situation. I'll shelve my resentment and swallow my pride about the way our deal went down, and accept the paycheck for now. My wife and I also had to break ties with a "friend" because she pathologically lies and we caught in her in one of them. Bye, bye. No time for deep rooted issues or deception right now. "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here."

Never hold it in Cromwell. You have plenty of people here willing to listen and help when you need them. My thoughts and prayers go out to your mother.

Jmh, I remember that song. That sh*t is hilarious. I wish I had a brand-new car
But that's flat
LOL, I'm going to have this song in my head all day now.:rofl:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
:rofl:

It has to have been like 10 years since I heard that song.

SocrBalls84

Awards
I didn't mean to try and one up you Socr.
No problem ... I didn't post a lot of stuff (I mean, who would want to hear some 21 year old dude cry about stuff on a message board)... but sometimes, it's "good" to hear that you're not the only one down and out (that sounded horrible...but, you get my drift).

Good luck dude gettin through all of that ... cancer blows ... I've recovered, family still has some of it ... it's tough. You definitely learn to lean on people for support. Things are looking up though ... get through this week... and [hopefully] will be smooth sailing from here.

I'm not even going to touch the comment about our football program... Go Bucks!

cromwell

Awards
I didn't mean to try and one up you Socr. Sometimes you feel as if you are the only one with the problems, and then you realise you aren't the only one. TC, Crom thank you, I am hanging in there. Things don't seem so big when Cancer is center stage. We are still getting paid, why? Maybe they feel sorry for our situation. I'll shelve my resentment and swallow my pride about the way our deal went down, and accept the paycheck for now. My wife and I also had to break ties with a "friend" because she pathologically lies and we caught in her in one of them. Bye, bye. No time for deep rooted issues or deception right now. "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here."

Never hold it in Cromwell. You have plenty of people here willing to listen and help when you need them. My thoughts and prayers go out to your mother.

Jmh, I remember that song. That sh*t is hilarious. I wish I had a brand-new car
But that's flat
LOL, I'm going to have this song in my head all day now.:rofl:
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Generally I'm fine if it's just me but you know how it is when it is someone else you feel powerless. I am not very religious any more, but I do believe in good and evil (seen enough of the latter) and I know something is out there for us. My prayers go to all of you, best of luck.

rocketscientist

Awards
Life can suck some major ass sometimes. When so, I like to pull out this quote below from one of the greates thinkers of our time :)

Good luck to you all.

... At one point, I was $2,500,000 in debt with no job - that puts you in a position that can get you to say, 'maybe I should just put a gun to my head'. But, you know something, that's just gnats on you ass when you compare it with parents who've got a ten-year old with cancer

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
eee.....im sorry mach and soccor.....

my best wishes.

on a happier note, my grandma had breast cancer and just found out yesterday that she can stop taking her meds. bc they really think its gone :) and only has to go in to see the doc once a year instead of once every three months now. things will get better you guys :)

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
eee.....im sorry mach and soccor.....

my best wishes.

on a happier note, my grandma had breast cancer and just found out yesterday that she can stop taking her meds. bc they really think its gone :) and only has to go in to see the doc once a year instead of once every three months now. things will get better you guys :)
Oh G!

You just reminded me! My Dad told me the other day that my Mom's Doc told her she is doing so well, that he doesn't want to see her for 2 months! My Dad and I have a "possible" job deal coming up here soon. Thanks for jogging the old brain G. I have to spread more reps before I can rep you again. I guess I'll go rep your Hubby, that counts.