Duke Lacrosse Players Cleared of Rape - AKA "Innocent Until Proven Guilty - HA!"

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Duke Lacrosse Players Cleared of Rape - AKA "Innocent Until Proven Guilty - HA!"

http://www.nbc17.com/news/8602612/detail.html

So, what we have here people is every f*cking leftist/rightist/bullsh*tist group in the US hanging these kids for something THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO!

Protesting in front of the lacrosse house:

These guys now have their reuptation ruined - for what? So some low-bit hooker could make some sh*t up?!?!

:FUfinger:
F*ck you!!

Innocent until proven guilty? Riiiiiiiight.

I hope this hooker goes to jail.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
women like this....disgust me...... they make us all look like evil, deceitful liars.......

they really should SEVERELY penalize those people that lie about stuff like this.....

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
Just heard a story about a guy on campus a few years ago that got accused of sexual assault and in the hearing, the girl's testimony is what cleared him. She was just pissed cuz he pressured her a little, nothing more. Poor guy had to leave school.

I totally agree on the protesters and people who blow things like this up. So quick to react, quick to hang, and why? Get the whole story, get the story straight, and have some integrity! Then again this is the media.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just because NO DNA samples were matched does not mean that they are totally innocent... Nor does it mean that they are cleared. As for the protests, I think more or less 3 days of waiting for the kids to Lawyer up, before collecting samples in kinda strange, in addition, they were also protesting because racial obscenties were shouted to 2 black girls walking in front of the house. (And yes this is documented by the police as well) So there are many dynamics in this case that cannot all be tied to just rape. In addition the email that was sent by one of ther player's was morally and racially uncalled for, and called despicable by Duke's president. All in all there are things we all do not know, since we were not there, but to say they are innocent is just as naive as those protesters...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Just because NO DNA samples were matched does not mean that they are totally innocent... Nor does it mean that they are cleared. As for the protests, I think more or less 3 days of waiting for the kids to Lawyer up, before collecting samples in kinda strange, in addition, they were also protesting because racial obscenties were shouted to 2 black girls walking in front of the house. (And yes this is documented by the police as well) So there are many dynamics in this case that cannot all be tied to just rape. In addition the email that was sent by one of ther player's was morally and racially uncalled for, and called despicable by Duke's president. All in all there are things we all do not know, since we were not there, but to say they are innocent is just as naive as those protesters...
one email and a couple shouted words doesn't justify protests and media coverage for a bunch of college lacrosse players.

unless there is some person hiding in there basement who saw the whole thing and will testify then these results pretty much rule out the whole team. it was a party and only a few lacrosse player attended, who knows who else was there and what the other kids did. saying it was the lacrosse kids straight out was wrong and their reps are ruined. plus their season is over which could mean that they dont have a shot at the MLL or some other lacrosse deals.

the whole situation is messed up, mostly because of the media.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Actually there is a bit more then DNA. The players have two pictures of the accusor. The first one was taken when she and her friend arrieved at the players house. The pic shows that she had already be roughed up by someone before coming to the party. It showed brusis on her legs and arms and a split lip, I think. The second one was taken when she came back into the house after she left the first time; when the racial slurs were said to her. She claimed that she was scared for her life to go back into the house. Well this picture shows her smiling and laughing with the players.
Now I grant you that the second picture could have been taken whenever and not when the players claimed. But the first pic IMO is much more damning to the case.
Also it seemed stange to me that if the players started yealling racial things at the women that the onther women did not also try to leave.
Plus the police supposedly took DNA from everything she had with her. And they found no dna tying the players. And they also found no eveidence of spermiaside or laytex on her and she said they all wore condomns.
Now I am not arguing that these kids are not racists or at least stupid, but I don't think that they are rapists..but I could be wrong.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Indeed LC i see the plot thickens...As certain aspects of the case are in fact coming out slowly but surely. If she is lying she deserves serious jail time... Will def be watching this case more.

ELTORONEGRO

Awards
The DA has stated that the case will go on with or without the DNA evidence in an article there are other test and evidence that the public has not seen that will allow the case to go foward.The thing to keep in mind is that rape is a very hard case to prove most DA's will not go foward with an investigation if there is not substantial evidence of the crime occuring.The victim was examined and she did have injuries consitent with her story.The thing that I hate about this case is the fact that the it is being played out in public and it has been and will continue to get ugly.I know several people firsthand who have had run ins with the Duke Lacrosse team and there is a racist elitist attitude and many people in the community has had run ins with this group.Now does mean they did what they are accused of no.But the case is far from over.

ELTORONEGRO

Awards
I would also like to add that the young lady was examined by a forensic nurse at Duke Hospital and she injuries consistant with her story including vaginal bruising and bruises around her neck consistant with being strangled

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully justice will be served and there will not be any rash actions by either side.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly, she danced for 2 minutes and then left - after being paid $800.

That's when the anger started. I mean, if you had paid a stripper $800 and she danced for 2 minutes, wouldn't you be pissed?? (Even if she looked like my avatar, I'd be pissed.)

Yeah, I shouldn't have said "cleared" or innocent.

But, I read that she didn't even have sex that night - that was supposedly from the nurses that examined her.

Maybe some dude she hooked up with before going to the part roughed her up??? Maybe she was pissed that they yelled at her or whatever when she didn't dance??
All seems plausible at this point.

My point is that EVERYONE jumped to the conclusion that these kids raped her.
Innocent until proven guilty.

I know we get all up in arms when steroids are blamed when a bodybuilder does ANYTHING (see Craig Titus).
Well, I'm up in arms when everyone and their brother with some sort of "other" agenda showed up to convict these kids (elitist or not - and I hate Duke and their fans more than anyone).

ELTORONEGRO

Awards
Yeah the DA was out of line by playing this thing out in public now the the defense team is tresponding and now the victim and the players are being dragged through the mud I also think if it goes to trial there is no way that it can be held in Durham.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what you're talking about dude. They were "innocent until proven guilty." They weren't ever charged. People accused them, yes. As far as the legal side, they haven't been proven guilty...yet.
Have you guys watched what this woman's brother has said. Going on and on about how they refer to her only as a stripper and not a mom. HAHA. C'mon. Give me a break. People make up such stupid things to argue about. It helped her out by not calling her a mom, then everyone would also be saying how much of a crappy mom she is.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
Whatever happened with that Kobe Bryant raping a WHITE GIRL case.... did they break out the race card or the celebrity card on this one??

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whatever happened with that Kobe Bryant raping a WHITE GIRL case.... did they break out the race card or the celebrity card on this one??

LET ME SAY THIS... the media as well as others have made this a race issue, But let us not forget no matter what the focus is, the focus and issue, is that a woman accused 3 people of rape. Whether she was black or white was not the issue. She happened to be a black stripper, who accused an all white Lacrosse Team from DUKE. She cannot help what color she was born, nor can the players. BUT be not mistaken, the way things were handled can be blamed on race. Which i am glad you brought up Kobe. He supposedly committed the rape on JUNE 30, 2005, he was questioned on JULY 1 !!!!, Charged and released on JULY 4 !!! SO what does that tell you, a mentally ill woman with past issues of character flaws, as well as past rape accusations, goes to the police, and within a day KOBE is questioned, and within 3 days he is arrested, you effin tell me is there a difference in race and treatment??? Not to mention how much money Kobe lost in endorsement deals, for him to settle out of court with the chick, with other people's semen in her panties... You have no comparison wrkn4bigmuscles...

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
No DNA evidence means one thing. They are NOT GUILTY bryond reasonable doubt. Absence of DNA evidence does not mean they are innocent. Big difference.

they really should SEVERELY penalize those people that lie about stuff like this.....
She shouldnt be charged with purgery, because where is the evidence that she lied?

Going on and on about how they refer to her only as a stripper
Well smart guy... thats because she is.

The only people that will ever know what did/didn't happened that night are the players and the girl.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
LET ME SAY THIS... the media as well as others have made this a race issue, But let us not forget no matter what the focus is, the focus and issue, is that a woman accused 3 people of rape. Whether she was black or white was not the issue. She happened to be a black stripper, who accused an all white Lacrosse Team from DUKE. She cannot help what color she was born, nor can the players. BUT be not mistaken, the way things were handled can be blamed on race. Which i am glad you brought up Kobe. He supposedly committed the rape on JUNE 30, 2005, he was questioned on JULY 1 !!!!, Charged and released on JULY 4 !!! SO what does that tell you, a mentally ill woman with past issues of character flaws, as well as past rape accusations, goes to the police, and within a day KOBE is questioned, and within 3 days he is arrested, you effin tell me is there a difference in race and treatment??? Not to mention how much money Kobe lost in endorsement deals, for him to settle out of court with the chick, with other people's semen in her panties... You have no comparison wrkn4bigmuscles...
:goodpost:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
What really gets me about these cases is the fact that they protect the identity of the accuser only. I understand the thinking behind it, but it should apply to the accused as well. If you are accused of rape, you are going to be treated by the media and general public as if you are guilty, regardless of the verdict. This could effect the rest of a persons life. In my opinion it is just as damaging PUBLICLY, if not more, to be accused of rape than to be said to be the victim of one.

brandozzz

Awards
What really gets me about these cases is the fact that they protect the identity of the accuser only. I understand the thinking behind it, but it should apply to the accused as well. If you are accused of rape, you are going to be treated by the media and general public as if you are guilty, regardless of the verdict. This could effect the rest of a persons life. In my opinion it is just as damaging PUBLICLY, if not more, to be accused of rape than to be said to be the victim of one.
now thats a damn good point ! :bow28:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I mean my whole point was that the reputation of these guys has already been damaged.

brandozzz

Awards
:) NOT SUPPOSED TO you just got rep points in the world ona forum hahahaha

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
lol....drrr....<drools> its ok....college is sucking my brains dry.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Don't use the word sucking around here, we know your disgusting boyfriend.

:hammer:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Wait, I'm not even sure if I can make that kind of joke anymore. Since we don't have an adult forum....

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
:rofl:

I'm thinking more along the lines of Napoleon Dynamite...

Purepower

Awards
Jeese Jackson is now saying his Rainbow/PUSH coalition group is going to pay this woman's college tuition no matter whether her story proves to be true of false. Now if her story proves to be false, what kind of message does that send.....lie about something like this and get rewarded for it.:mad:

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Jeese Jackson is now saying his Rainbow/PUSH coalition group is going to pay this woman's college tuition no matter whether her story proves to be true of false. Now if her story proves to be false, what kind of message does that send.....lie about something like this and get rewarded for it.:mad:

It also says that its 2006 and the minority gets the front seat

ELTORONEGRO

Awards
It is a disgrace that the media are showing these guys pictures and they havent been convicted of anything

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now that is a disgrace, while we have yet to see the woman... Make no mistake if they did not do this crime they will be scarred for the rest of their lives, if they did, it sux because they will be only known as those white kids who raped that black girl, and even worse they may or may not be racist, but the connotation, and the handling has been all Race related, and blown to High Hell, but thats what happens when everybody wants to be politically correct...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well rape shield laws protect alleged rape victims identities .. as for the arrested .. well that's what always happens when one is arrested .. just read your local police blotter

and these kids seem to be far from saints ... it certainly seems like they DID yell a fair amount of racial slurs .. and the one from long island (finnerity i think his name is) got arrested with 2 friends for beating up a guy for being gay outside a bar in DC

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man that does not sound good for their character...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
One of the kids was supposedly not even there. He has an alibi with documentation to this effect.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
One of the kids was supposedly not even there. He has an alibi with documentation to this effect.
Just saw that on the news tonight, they have check card receipts, dorm key hits, and evidence of a cab ride, all showing they were not at the house during the time of the rape.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think it's going to be difficult to get a conviction without DNA evidence.
Admittedly, we haven't seen the DA's case...