GRE preparation

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I'm going to be taking the GRE this summer some time. Anybody know of any good books or anything else that will help me prepare for it? Thanks, Anthony

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Try Kaplan books, they are the best. Also Kaplan offers a free practice tests, that will give you an idea about how is the exam.

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
I'm going to be taking the GRE this summer some time. Anybody know of any good books or anything else that will help me prepare for it? Thanks, Anthony
Kaplan does have some great stuff. Talk to your professors as well. Are you going psych or something else? Prof's usually know what's out there and is top of the line. They can also help prep your applications as most of them know what the schools you are going to will be looking for. Stop into your campus career center. They will have resources for you as well. They may even have a few extra practice exams. Make sure you get one with a computer based practice test as well. Set up the CBT as it if were your actual exam when you take it. If you aren't used to CBT then make sure you get comfortable with this type of exam.

The test isn't as bad as it's made out to be, just be prepped on the format, types of questions, and time management.

Good luck!

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Thanks for the advice. I'm going for Physician's Assistant. One of my professors recommended the princeton review series. I might go pick one up today so I can get started. Thanks again, Anthony

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
GRosk123,
Just looked at your location. We are pretty close. I'm in Hammond. I go to SLU.
Very cool. I hope all is well up in Hammond these days. I heard they had a Strawberry Festival or something up there.

Again good luck with the test!