Hypogonadism getting me down

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
ever since I was diagnosed, my quality of life has gone to hell. i've lost 20 pounds of muscle, so now i'm just as scrawny as i was before my last cycle. when someone hurts my feelings, i cant jump in their face, scare them, and make them cry and break their arms anymore. my girlfriend isnt as attracted to me as she used to be for obvious reasons. my friends and co-workers don't respect me as much as a man. i have virtually no appetite and even eating 1.5 protein every day, i'm not gaining weight. my overall quality of life has gone down tremendously and i dont start HRT for 2 more months. any survival tips?

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
a traumatic event happened on a cycle that i cant really talk about, so i started my pct and things just didnt get better so i went to the doc and now i have extremely low test levels - he thinks from depression. i'm a lot less confident in everything i do and waiting for HRT has been torture. it's like achieving something great and then getting it all taken away from you.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the psychological aspects of the situation you could come to the realization that there is (or at least there should be) more to your life than being large and muscular. Though I do empathize with losing all that you have worked hard for, I cannot symathize with you allowing it to completely alter your state of being. I, like others on this site, do associate weightlifting as a large part of my identity. However, it does not constitute the entirety of who I am. If the removal of this one facet of your identity has completely decimated your well being, I suggest you tend to the other areas of your life that you were lacking. With HRT, you will most likely be able to make gains and regain your former physical form, so in that you can take solice that it may only be temporary. However, if physiologically it is not possible, you need to realize that lifting weights and the adjacent physical characteristics it changes aren't everything. You had a life before lifting weights and being big, and so you should have a life after.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a bunch, Mullet. You put a big goofy grin on my grill, so you get rep points. I kight actually print that out and read it every morning till I do get HRT.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Raw garlic every day and RLA will help normalize you, that and a positive outlook along with regular weightlifting, hope that helps.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I think I also went low-test from a traumatic event. But I thought that would seem a totally insane idea, and here you are saying the same thing. Thanks for posting that man.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gotta agree with you guys here. I really tramatic event happened to me at age 22 and my test levels plummetted and I sank into a deep depression. Over the years since I have still been treated for depression (almost 10 years on and off) and at different times I have had huge variations in endocrine values unrelated to hormone usage. It is like tramatic events, for some, can set the body's neuroendocrine balance swinging like a pendulum that never really stops moving anymore. But it is a symptomati thing for me that I have refined my ability to address over the years. To the original poster I would really look into a numbber of options before undertaking HRT because for the most part it is a life long choice. With that said please do not misunderstand me to say that your symptoms/experience is not significant; I am sure it is one of the worst, if not worst time periods in your life, but I just urge you to try a few things first,

1. Treatment for the underlying depression, which will either address the hormone problem or will not work thus helping to determine if the hormone problem is the primary cause of the depression or vice versa;

2. Try to stimulate testosterone production on your own using a significant protocol such as

1000ius of HCG per day for 10 days immediatly followed by Clomid at 300mgs the first day 100mgs per day for 2 weeks, and 50 mgs per day for 3 weeks. Also read up on Dr.D's thread on Fenugreek, 1g per day the first week of the Clomid, 2g per day the second week, 3g per day the fourth week, 4 g per day the fourth week, then off of the Fenu.

Also looking into a very strong Tribulus product like Synergy muscle's Trib would be useful as well as possibly some yohimbe bark extract (not yohimbe HCL) to combbate any libido supression caused by any antidepressants. Remember that libido is not a good indicator of androgen function when on antidepressants.

Also make sure to have all hormone values checked, Test, Free Test, Estrodiol, Prolactin, Thyroid Panel, etc. A complete profile is the only root to trying to get to the cause of the actual supression.

Of course who am I so listen to your Doctor. But with that said this is what worked for me.

Good luck bro and hang in there.

Mr.50

I think I also went low-test from a traumatic event. But I thought that would seem a totally insane idea, and here you are saying the same thing. Thanks for posting that man.