Can heavy lifting cause a bruise

Whaler

Whaler

Awards
I was doing deadlifts early this week and went a little heavier than I normally do. The lift went fine but I noticed a little pain in my left pec after the lift. Now I have a large, dark bruise on the left side of my left pec that is very sore to the touch now. Is this anything to worry about or is it simply caused by the strain popping a blood vessel.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Unless you somehow through the bar up and suffered a contusion, that isn't a bruise..Sounds like you have a muscle tear.

Whaler

Whaler

Awards
The bar, or anthing else never came in contact with the bruised area so maybe it is a muscle tear. That sounds a little more serious than a bruise. I felt something when I did it but the pain was not too bad at the time. I was about mid way through a 1RM max on the deadlift when it happened. I was able to finish the rep and even did a couple sets of lower weights afterwards. Seems the pain got worse over the next couple days. Any suggestions for what to do about a muscle tear?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The bar, or anthing else never came in contact with the bruised area so maybe it is a muscle tear. That sounds a little more serious than a bruise. I felt something when I did it but the pain was not too bad at the time. I was about mid way through a 1RM max on the deadlift when it happened. I was able to finish the rep and even did a couple sets of lower weights afterwards. Seems the pain got worse over the next couple days. Any suggestions for what to do about a muscle tear?
I was being sarcastic man....Rest, and then begin rehabilitation on your muscle, super light weights, stretching, get the blood flowing to your muscle for repair..It will take along time by the sounds of it..