All good things have to come to an end. Football is over for me...

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well unfortunately despite my hardest efforts to heal this injury up and get in shape for spring it just didn't happen. The injury got progressively worse, I got progressively slower, and looked like crap during this spring despite the 320 lb max bench (at 180 lbs) etc. So I decided that I am going to retire from football for good, I know it sounds gay but this was my life for a while and I just felt that by the time I would be able to be back at 100% I would have already wasted this entire season since I didn't get a chance to look good in front of coaches and would only have one season left. At that rate I might get some special teams play next year but nothing exciting. It took me a LONNNGGG drawn out time of sitting for a couple hours and thinking to make the decision but just wanted to let you guys know and thanks for supporting me here. I got the ACC championship ring out of it and I can at least say I did things that 99.9% of others coudn't do. Guess its time to get hayooooooooge. :burger:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the injury, Lake. Seems like you're too young to retire!!!

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that bro. But it really seems to me like everything has a purpose and reason for happening so hang in there and see where this new path leads you.

Mr.50

Well unfortunately despite my hardest efforts to heal this injury up and get in shape for spring it just didn't happen. The injury got progressively worse, I got progressively slower, and looked like crap during this spring despite the 320 lb max bench (at 180 lbs) etc. So I decided that I am going to retire from football for good, I know it sounds gay but this was my life for a while and I just felt that by the time I would be able to be back at 100% I would have already wasted this entire season since I didn't get a chance to look good in front of coaches and would only have one season left. At that rate I might get some special teams play next year but nothing exciting. It took me a LONNNGGG drawn out time of sitting for a couple hours and thinking to make the decision but just wanted to let you guys know and thanks for supporting me here. I got the ACC championship ring out of it and I can at least say I did things that 99.9% of others coudn't do. Guess its time to get hayooooooooge. :burger:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bro, to be honest, when I heard you tell me about the pain in the hip area when you tried to run - I KNEW it was time to hang it up.

I know you've made the right decision. You want to be able to walk, do deadlifts and squats, and everything else for the rest of your life.

A year of playing for a loser football team ain't worth your long term health. :hammer:

Get better soon bro!
Now you can sit in the stands and watch the game with the Cowgirls (or whatever those fake tits call themselves).

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear that man but like you said you did get the ring and no one can take that away (well .. they could steal it but whatever)

congrats on what you did accomplish by playing D1 football! and good luck man

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry to hear about this. You played for one of the best programs in the country and that alone is an awesome feat.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Damn brother, I know how much you liked it...now go get huge!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
First, kick ass job putting up 320@180. You'll be benching double your bodyweight before you know it.

I know this has been your passion, so I'm sure it must be hard to let it go. However, you are probably making the right decision. You played at a major university, so it is a bit different, but I know some guys who are already gimpy in their late 20's b/c of h.s./college football (not at your level).

You still achieved what 99.999999% (you were off by a few decimals ;) ) of people will never achieve; you got the ring; and you will be able to work out and be healthy for the rest of your life.

Your decision, difficult as it may have been, was certainly for the best.

Wisdom comes with age, so I guess you're getting older... :hammer:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
This sucks when you have to quit what you love, but keep your chin up you'll find other ourpose in your life.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
BTW, all good things have not come to an end; you just need to replace previous good things with new good things.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
oh im sorry! im glad that you got out without increased physical damage to you though. theres alot in life, im sure you will find another happiness :)

kwyck just told me yesterday that this girl i used to go to school with, she found out she has some kind of knee cancer or something, and so she can never play sports again (she lived for softball). shes undergoing alot of cancer treatments right now and cant even do jumping jacks.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
BTW, all good things have not come to an end; you just need to replace previous good things with new good things.

Yep..onto greener pastures my friend. I think you did the right thing. Life has a million things to fill the void..never forget that and never stop trying to fill it.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well guys now that the football OBSESSION is over its back to the muscle OBSESSION haha, look for some serious results here soon ;) lol.

I appreciate all the support, just wanted to keep you guys updated.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Best of luck, Lake.

Sucks to hear but it sounds like you know what the hell you're doing. Things will be OK, and memories are ever lasting. Good luck, now lets see 200lbs+!!!!!!!!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
It's one of the hardest things to walk away from IMO. You have accomplished things alot of guys would only dream of doing, and have memories that noone can ever take away.You have alot to be proud of. Best of luck to you!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Man i went into the locker room today and the kids had heard about what happened and they were like shocked and man was it emotional having them come up to me and apologize about the fact that the main reason this injury did this is because the gay ass team doctors forced me to practice too early thinking I wasn't really hurt and wouldn't order an MRI for me when all this first happened grrrrrr :rant: :aargh:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Man i went into the locker room today and the kids had heard about what happened and they were like shocked and man was it emotional having them come up to me and apologize about the fact that the main reason this injury did this is because the gay ass team doctors forced me to practice too early thinking I wasn't really hurt and wouldn't order an MRI for me when all this first happened grrrrrr :rant: :aargh:
Maybe you should go kick Bobby Bowden in the nuts....might make you feel better. :nutkick: :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He'd miss Bowden's nuts wide right.
All Florida State kickers do.
:nutkick:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Better than me kicking coker down there cause i'd get him right in the muff, seems to be a new miami trend :-D. hehe