All good things have to come to an end. Football is over for me...

  1. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    All good things have to come to an end. Football is over for me...


    Well unfortunately despite my hardest efforts to heal this injury up and get in shape for spring it just didn't happen. The injury got progressively worse, I got progressively slower, and looked like crap during this spring despite the 320 lb max bench (at 180 lbs) etc. So I decided that I am going to retire from football for good, I know it sounds gay but this was my life for a while and I just felt that by the time I would be able to be back at 100% I would have already wasted this entire season since I didn't get a chance to look good in front of coaches and would only have one season left. At that rate I might get some special teams play next year but nothing exciting. It took me a LONNNGGG drawn out time of sitting for a couple hours and thinking to make the decision but just wanted to let you guys know and thanks for supporting me here. I got the ACC championship ring out of it and I can at least say I did things that 99.9% of others coudn't do. Guess its time to get hayooooooooge.

  2. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1407
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sorry about the injury, Lake. Seems like you're too young to retire!!!
  3. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,215
    Rep Power
    1864
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    29.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sorry to hear that bro. But it really seems to me like everything has a purpose and reason for happening so hang in there and see where this new path leads you.

    Mr.50

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Well unfortunately despite my hardest efforts to heal this injury up and get in shape for spring it just didn't happen. The injury got progressively worse, I got progressively slower, and looked like crap during this spring despite the 320 lb max bench (at 180 lbs) etc. So I decided that I am going to retire from football for good, I know it sounds gay but this was my life for a while and I just felt that by the time I would be able to be back at 100% I would have already wasted this entire season since I didn't get a chance to look good in front of coaches and would only have one season left. At that rate I might get some special teams play next year but nothing exciting. It took me a LONNNGGG drawn out time of sitting for a couple hours and thinking to make the decision but just wanted to let you guys know and thanks for supporting me here. I got the ACC championship ring out of it and I can at least say I did things that 99.9% of others coudn't do. Guess its time to get hayooooooooge.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Bro, to be honest, when I heard you tell me about the pain in the hip area when you tried to run - I KNEW it was time to hang it up.

    I know you've made the right decision. You want to be able to walk, do deadlifts and squats, and everything else for the rest of your life.

    A year of playing for a loser football team ain't worth your long term health.

    Get better soon bro!
    Now you can sit in the stands and watch the game with the Cowgirls (or whatever those fake tits call themselves).
  5. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1965
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    6.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    sorry to hear that man but like you said you did get the ring and no one can take that away (well .. they could steal it but whatever)

    congrats on what you did accomplish by playing D1 football! and good luck man
  6. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    528
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

    I'm sorry to hear about this. You played for one of the best programs in the country and that alone is an awesome feat.
  7. Advanced Member
    refrieddreams's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    752
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    74.92%

    Damn brother, I know how much you liked it...now go get huge!
  8. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2153
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    64.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    First, kick ass job putting up 320@180. You'll be benching double your bodyweight before you know it.

    I know this has been your passion, so I'm sure it must be hard to let it go. However, you are probably making the right decision. You played at a major university, so it is a bit different, but I know some guys who are already gimpy in their late 20's b/c of h.s./college football (not at your level).

    You still achieved what 99.999999% (you were off by a few decimals ) of people will never achieve; you got the ring; and you will be able to work out and be healthy for the rest of your life.

    Your decision, difficult as it may have been, was certainly for the best.

    Wisdom comes with age, so I guess you're getting older...
  9. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    1413
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    31.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This sucks when you have to quit what you love, but keep your chin up you'll find other ourpose in your life.
  10. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2153
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    64.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    BTW, all good things have not come to an end; you just need to replace previous good things with new good things.
  11. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    633
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    oh im sorry! im glad that you got out without increased physical damage to you though. theres alot in life, im sure you will find another happiness

    kwyck just told me yesterday that this girl i used to go to school with, she found out she has some kind of knee cancer or something, and so she can never play sports again (she lived for softball). shes undergoing alot of cancer treatments right now and cant even do jumping jacks.
  12. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,714
    Rep Power
    513546
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    BTW, all good things have not come to an end; you just need to replace previous good things with new good things.


    Yep..onto greener pastures my friend. I think you did the right thing. Life has a million things to fill the void..never forget that and never stop trying to fill it.
  13. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well guys now that the football OBSESSION is over its back to the muscle OBSESSION haha, look for some serious results here soon lol.

    I appreciate all the support, just wanted to keep you guys updated.
  14. Board Supporter
    Rage (SoCal)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    1079
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    35.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Best of luck, Lake.

    Sucks to hear but it sounds like you know what the hell you're doing. Things will be OK, and memories are ever lasting. Good luck, now lets see 200lbs+!!!!!!!!
  15. Senior Member
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    820
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    12.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It's one of the hardest things to walk away from IMO. You have accomplished things alot of guys would only dream of doing, and have memories that noone can ever take away.You have alot to be proud of. Best of luck to you!
  16. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Man i went into the locker room today and the kids had heard about what happened and they were like shocked and man was it emotional having them come up to me and apologize about the fact that the main reason this injury did this is because the gay ass team doctors forced me to practice too early thinking I wasn't really hurt and wouldn't order an MRI for me when all this first happened grrrrrr
  17. Senior Member
    LCSULLA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,759
    Rep Power
    1025
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    89.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Man i went into the locker room today and the kids had heard about what happened and they were like shocked and man was it emotional having them come up to me and apologize about the fact that the main reason this injury did this is because the gay ass team doctors forced me to practice too early thinking I wasn't really hurt and wouldn't order an MRI for me when all this first happened grrrrrr
    Maybe you should go kick Bobby Bowden in the nuts....might make you feel better.
  18. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    He'd miss Bowden's nuts wide right.
    All Florida State kickers do.
  19. Senior Member
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    820
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    12.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    He'd miss Bowden's nuts wide right.
    All Florida State kickers do.
    Deeeeyam!!!! good one!
  20. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Better than me kicking coker down there cause i'd get him right in the muff, seems to be a new miami trend :-D. hehe
  21. Board Supporter
    yankees3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    17.82%

    sorry to hear that lake.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 01:32 PM
  2. It had to come to this...
    By jonnyjames in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 03:44 AM
  4. Emelianenko to come to the UFC?
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 09:50 PM
  5. what is safe for me to be taking
    By ant1456 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in