Why I hate the Post Office

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
Hope this is a place to rant:
I ordered a wonderful research product from one of our vendors. He let me know when it was shipped and even shipped it NEXT DAY for me at no charge. This was Friday. Saturday came around, no package. I checked the tracking info and it said it was scanned from where it left, not that it was out for delivery. So Sunday rolls around and I wait until 9 and call USPS to find out it may be delivered today, thats two days for those that are counting, not NEXT DAY. Since I workded thirds, I decided to stay up and wait. Mind you I have 3 German Shepards, two of which that bark when the wind blows. Noon rolls around and my girlfriends sister stops by. She hands my girlfriend a card from the post office saying no one was here to get the package!! Now how the Fvck would they know that if they didn't even knock!! I absolutely hate, despise and hate the post office. The only government company that says it should make a profit.
Sorry, but I just had to rant and vent. I am thinking of sending all of my mail and and crap UPS just so I know the **** will get there!!

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why I hate the post office.

1) Most people in the line smell. Bad. Stench crosses all racial and ethnic boundaries too. Some of the rip ass. Because there's so many people in the line, they smile to themselves as the next dozen people have to throw up from it being too strong.

2) Nobody knows what they want. I'm trying to send off a package and each person spends five minutes deciphering if they should go Global Priority or the standard International. The people behind the desk don't mind it because after a while, it probably becomes the norm.

3) There's never any parking spots.

Joe_Halt

Awards
They manage to break every single fragile item i ship or have shipped to me.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Second only to the DMV as a prime example of bureaucratic inefficiency...

stillgrowing02

Awards
i havent had bad luck with the post office....just with dhl...my package was shipped in 2 seperate boxes on the same day...they got to me 2 weeks apart

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
UPS destroyed a $6000 driver board for a lathe of mine that I sent out for simple adjustment. I think it was about $500 or so.

The $80 insurance I paid didn't help either. The adjuster said "It wasn't packaged correctly."

Well, hell, if you dropped something that weighs over 80lbs before its secured into a wooden crate...yeah, it might break.

Then they stated that when you ship UPS, it isn't up to UPS to decide what is fragile, and which end needs to be up. Its not their job, and its printed right in the insurance contract. They take no special actions on packages marked fragile, or direction indicators such as do not stack and this end up.

So, we got our **** fixed for $2000, and we're out our $80 for the insurance.

How nice would it be to be able to collect $80 for someone then tell them to go piss up a rope?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Second only to the DMV as a prime example of bureaucratic inefficiency...
Just spent over 3 hours taking my son to get his driver license. Oh did I mention we even had an appointment :frustrate