Newb here

Mychael101

Awards
Just wanted to say hello. For what its worth I joined up to get some much needed info on a subject I know nothing about. I started at 24hr 3 months ago at 251lbs at standing only 5ft 6in tall, I'm not 215lbs and I don't plan on letting up until I get down to 150 then use the advice and info from this site to bulk up and then define my body to a target weight of 165lbs. I've got a long road ahead of me but I didn't gain this weight overnight and I don't see it leaving very quickly but I'm highly motivated and am hoping to get advice on what I'm doing wrong and what I can do better. Thanks in advance everyone!

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM.... You will learn TONS here I promise you, just use the search button and if you can't find the info you need just ask. How old are you? Whats your diet look like? How do you train?

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
welcome man!

Mychael101

Awards
Welcome to AM.... You will learn TONS here I promise you, just use the search button and if you can't find the info you need just ask. How old are you? Whats your diet look like? How do you train?
I'm 26 as of the 16th, and my diet is pretty clean and I follow a close routine.
breakfast- 1 scoop each of On Whey gold and Vanilla Creme muscle milk in 10oz of water, bad days a breakfast jack and orange juice or a bacon/egg/cheese taquito
lunch- usually a regular serving of muscle milk and a few ounces of beef jerky, on not so clean days its chic-fil-a sandwich on wheat bun, diet dr.pepper and fruit cup
dinner- portion of lean meat almost always grilled and my wife and I are pretty good about adding veggies. And ON whey before bed
I hit the gym a min of 4 days a week and I go 45 minutes of the eliptical machine then I will continue with the 30 minute circuit training they have at 24hr fitness. But some days I'll just work on a certain muscle group. But I'm considering just doing cardio for at least an hour 5 days a week. And holding off on the weight training now that I have a serious crick in my neck and upper right shoulder. I'm thinking I finally overstepped my abilities on the lat pull down.

And I've been supplementing with a cheap OneaDay mens formula and Nutrex Vitrex. And I can't forget several lo-carb Monster drinks-that stuff is crack I tell you!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome. Don't be fooled by the anabolic in the name either, the knowledgeable folks here preach diet/rest/good training like it is a sermon and for very good reason. Do some serious lurking in the nutrition/health, exercise science, bulking forums, steer clear of the anabolics and man will you learn MEGA-TONS!..Sorry Pitbull, I had to one-up ya there..lol

Mychael101

Awards
Thanks for the kind intro. I can't even image how long its going to take me to make sense of all the information in this place and then work it into my training.

ArnieIAmNot

Awards
Fellow newb welcome you.

I browsed AM awhile back and like you realized I need to drop some major weight before trying to bulk. Good luck and stay with it!

Mychael101

Awards
Anyone south of the DFW metroplex wanna help me out in the gym? They just opened the 24hr fitness in Cedar Hill so that is where I'll be from now on. I'm new to everything and the last location most people were not the friendly type and the same went for the staff unless you were wanting to pay for personal training sessions.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
WELCOME guys.

BTW GREAT job on losing all that weight to the original thread starter. Keep up the good work.

CROWLER

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Welcome. Don't be fooled by the anabolic in the name either, the knowledgeable folks here preach diet/rest/good training like it is a sermon and for very good reason. Do some serious lurking in the nutrition/health, exercise science, bulking forums, steer clear of the anabolics and man will you learn MEGA-TONS!..Sorry Pitbull, I had to one-up ya there..lol
Good point, MS.
AM could be titled "diet/rest/good training.com, but AnabolicMinds sounds cooler! :thumbsup: Welcome one and all...