My new site...is this stupid?

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Hey there, as some of you know I am always coming up with crazy ideas and what not. I have been in every kind of business imaginable and I am thinking of building a website.

You know how it is, driving down the road and there in the car next to you is a super cute girl...eye contact...the whole nine, but your in your car. It's not like you can start chatting with her. This happened to me once and I was so bummed there wasn't a way to find her.

Well what about a website, I allready have a good name...that is designed for those people.

No it doesn't need to be people in traffic but that is a good exzample...it could be for the girl you saw at the grocery store...you should of talked to her but you let her get away. Or the chick at the gym...(like the girl I saw doing cardio, who never takes her headphones off which makes her unaproachable).

It could be a ver basic message board, threads would be something like...

"Black Durango 5 south 7:45 am"

Then when you click on it...

Hi, I saw you this morning...we had a look, didn't we? I was in the red forerunner...if you get this please respond.

Then the site would issue an annonomous (SP) email adress for the poster.

Is this terribly gay? Do I have too much time on my hands?

If the hit counts go up, I think we could get some banner ads and then the rest will be history...:blink:

Ok I will go eat now as my empty belly is making me have strange thought like this!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except that

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except that they want

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except that they want to get far

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except that they want to get far far away

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except that they want to get far far away from after

Spartan117

Awards
Hey refried, read your post in a week and see if it still sounds like a good idea. Who knows though it might make you rich.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have the looks with women all the time, except that they want to get far far away from me after that:run: :D :run: :run:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
How people would know about your site? Are you planning to advertise it on TV, like Ebay or something? If you've got few extra millions dollars then you might try, see what happens. Or you can send me half of that money to me for saving you another half:D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's actually a site out there already but I don't remember the link. It was a news segment outta DC a few weeks ago. You can probably start one up in your specific area but i doubt there would be a huge paying audience...

They probably told that to the guys who made Yahoo too though :)

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a combo of Craig's List, MySpace, and Facebook.

That means it would work, provided you have some decent funds to handle the servers. You'd probably have to know Perl (unless there's a newer version of that now) and programming languages.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Hey there, as some of you know I am always coming up with crazy ideas and what not. I have been in every kind of business imaginable and I am thinking of building a website.

You know how it is, driving down the road and there in the car next to you is a super cute girl...eye contact...the whole nine, but your in your car. It's not like you can start chatting with her. This happened to me once and I was so bummed there wasn't a way to find her.

Well what about a website, I allready have a good name...that is designed for those people.

No it doesn't need to be people in traffic but that is a good exzample...it could be for the girl you saw at the grocery store...you should of talked to her but you let her get away. Or the chick at the gym...(like the girl I saw doing cardio, who never takes her headphones off which makes her unaproachable).

It could be a ver basic message board, threads would be something like...

"Black Durango 5 south 7:45 am"

Then when you click on it...

Hi, I saw you this morning...we had a look, didn't we? I was in the red forerunner...if you get this please respond.

Then the site would issue an annonomous (SP) email adress for the poster.

Is this terribly gay? Do I have too much time on my hands?

If the hit counts go up, I think we could get some banner ads and then the rest will be history...:blink:

Ok I will go eat now as my empty belly is making me have strange thought like this!

interesting idea, happend to me 8 yrs ago, driving on the highway, traffic, this car followed me off the highway, i pulled into a mobil station and we did exchange numbers HE seemed ok, as we did share that look..LOL turns out he was married, and had 3 affairs going on...LOL I think I was suppossed to be number 4...ahh well.....

So I dont think i would try your site, remember if it is meant to be it will be:)

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
There's actually a site out there already but I don't remember the link. It was a news segment outta DC a few weeks ago. You can probably start one up in your specific area but i doubt there would be a huge paying audience...

:)
NO, it will be totaly free, kinda like CL I guess.

Advertising will be a piece of cake, word gets around pretty quick...

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
yeah there is already something like it out there. A bumper sticker with a number on it. You go to the site and look up the specific number of the person you saw, post, then if they choose they can respond.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
yeah there is already something like it out there. A bumper sticker with a number on it. You go to the site and look up the specific number of the person you saw, post, then if they choose they can respond.
That's how Drew and I met. ;)

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Sounds cool..... that crap happens all the time.:frustrate

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
hate to burst your bubble...was driving to work today, now mind you I am in RI, littlest state, and on the radio was a guy who created flirtingintraffic.com, where you register, they send out little bumper stickers,key chains, etc so you can get the number and log into the site later on...:( Sorry but i thought of you right away......

hope all is well and billy is well to :)

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Thanks babe, she is awesome! My name for my site is better, very similar though...