Bodybuilding fans-WTF is up with this?!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
What is going on with todays current crop of pro bodybuilders? Below are a handful of guys from tonites san fran pro show. Let me first say that I am in no way comparing myself to them, as I know I am not close to their developement. These guys bust their ass, and pack alot of muscle, and impressive physiques. What I am comparing them to is the guys that were pros when I first got interested in bodybuilding in the early 90's. Guys like Dorian, nasser, levrone, flex, ray, labrada, clairmonte- any of these guys had the potential to win the mr. o. Now, you've got a handful of guys who just blow your mind and the rest are so-so to awful. And you can count on 3 fingers the guys who could win the O. Some of the guys in the pics aren't even dieted enough to have a complete 6 pack! It is really getting hard to follow the sport.

Attachments

BMW

Awards
  • Established
yeah its a shame because i see some regular guys at the expos who look like they should be pro instead of some of the current ones in the ifbb.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I think its also genetics and the amount of drugs. I remeber when Jen Fux...whatever came on the scene. He just came out of nowhere to place high at international shows. And one writer, that used to be a competative BBer said that with todays drugs a person can go really far, really fast and they can go waaay beyond their genetics. Just think Lee Priest, in an article about 7 years ago, told the interviewer what he used. And the dosages where a lot lower then some guys on various boards use. Just think Insulin, IGF-1, GH, gear, MGF and a bunch of other things year round can total bypass gentics.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
awwwww that hurt. He is my personal friend. His name is Heinz Senior. He worked for many many years so he could move his family here to the US from South America for a safer life. He gave up a career as a TV personality just last year to make that dream come true. He is one of the nicest people I have met in my entire life. A happy, giving person with a positive attitude willing to help anyone at a moments notice.

Could I ask you a favor to please edit or delete you post as I know he sometimes reads this board. Thank you for anything you can do.

CROWLER
I did for ya. Didn't mean harm by it just thought it was funny. I will just blame it on mab since she said it first lol.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I did for ya. Didn't mean harm by it just thought it was funny. I will just blame it on mab since she said it first lol.
Thanks man MUCH appreciated. I know you didn't mean anything. Actually I hadn't even looked at the pics and when I saw the comment I KNEW who it was about.

Thanks again.

CROWLER

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
awwwww that hurt. He is my personal friend. His name is Heinz Senior. He worked for many many years so he could move his family here to the US from South America for a safer life. He gave up a career as a TV personality just last year to make that dream come true. He is one of the nicest people I have met in my entire life. A happy, giving person with a positive attitude willing to help anyone at a moments notice.

Could I ask you a favor to please edit or delete you post as I know he sometimes reads this board. Thank you for anything you can do.

CROWLER
Damn, small world. Sure I'll delete it, sorry man. Not meant as a personal attack, just a criticism.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Sure, sorry man. Not meant as a personal attack, just a criticism.
I understand bro. No problem at all. It is just different when you know the person being talked about. Sort of like if you were Michael Jacksons brother or something lol :)

CROWLER

ChooseLife

Awards
everyone wants to be the next ronnie coleman and think the only way to beat him is to get bigger

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I just got done watching the final round, and i'm about to jump over to the prejudging. I know I'm at work but my boss is out. So, I don't see how these top guys look so flat, smooth and non-vascular. The conditioning wasn't there, the bloated stomachs made an appearance though. But i guess you could make the arguement that if everyone in the contest was unconditioned, then you can't give them all last place.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
pictures don't always tell the whole story as they can catch someone before they are completely flexed or coming out of being flexed or breathing out

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
pictures don't always tell the whole story as they can catch someone before they are completely flexed or coming out of being flexed or breathing out
Jump over to BB.com, they have the entire night show and prejudging. Gustavo looked decent (and I hate saying that) but everyone else really didn't impress me at all...

I know what you mean about the pictures, though if you look at the tape, you see the entire package.