broken arm update

tattoopierced1

4 weeks ago (a little shy of that) I broke my humerus and had to have surgery to repair the damage. They put 4 titanium screws in my bone to hold it togather. Now I am out of my cast and starting to get back to normal. My range of movement in my arm is crap as my tendons are extremely tight, but I work at it every night. I have shrivled down to nothing though, losing about 20-25lbs, and all muscle definition in my right arm. I have about a 6 inch incision in my arm and had 28 staples to close it up. Things are looking up though, I've been a bit depressed about things i.e trying to get back to normal so I can lift, and wondering if I'll ever be 100% again, and losing all I've worked hard for in terms of muscle...years of work gone in a month. I've been taking the following to help me recoup: Cissus RX, Omega Flex Support, Glucosomine/Chondroitin, Zinc, Calcium, and Magnesium. I'll try and keep things updated on how progress is coming along and get some pics up of the incision and some XRAY pics if possible.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Brutha,
I did a closed spiral brake to my left humerous (nothing funny) bone 10 years ago. Talk about atrophy. Keep doing what you can. The less ground you lose, the better you will feel. Glad you are healing, stay the course and stay positive!!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
good luck, broke my foot 2 yrs ago, and until it;s going to snow, rain it's ok...but throbs like hell when the weather is crappy...my own personal weather guide :)

Heal quick :)

tattoopierced1

i'm starting to really get some functionality back in my arm...strength is still shot, but once I get released to go to PT then I'm sure it'll progress even more...Been doing my own PT outside of dr's orders, I just dont go too far as to re-injure my arm. I'm doing this in hopes to get back to normal even quicker. Still cant straighten my arm out fully...80% or so I'd say, which I may never be able to get 100% by what the Dr. said.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
eh.....does not sound fun

how did it break?

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that. Just because the doc says 80%, that doesn't mean you can't get back to where to you were. He's saying 80% for the average person who will not push themself to get back to 100%. Bodybuilders are different. We overcome.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Muscle memory is a good ****, I have no doubt you'll be back 100%. good luck.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Good luck brother with the recovery. Keep us updated on the progress.

tattoopierced1

i go back to the ortho today and i'm sure he'll release me to go to PT. I am going to get some copies of the XRAYs too to post... anyone know how to scan in an xray where it wont look like crap?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever think of going 'on' while it repairs?

I've thought about this a lot with my foot, and in my case it could be up to 8 weeks before I'd be up on my feet.

Tha thought of losing that much muscle would be enough push to take tha plunge for tha first time.

tattoopierced1

i'm on HRT, so i'm "on" all the time per say. also, he didnt release me to PT..grrr....

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
In due time, it's hard I know, I was going nutty with my foot, my x-ray looks very much like yours....((((HUGZ))))))) heal quick

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gonzo14 Iconic Formulations 7
grant123 Pro Bodybuilding 6
Anabolics 9
Anabolics 2
Training Forum 3