Gym Membership Question

pbmax542

Awards
The gym I have been attending just sent me a letter saying that the credit card they withdraw my membership fees from has expired, and they are requesting I give them a new card number. I have had nothing but bad experiences at this gym, and I would prefer to change gyms rather than finish the last 12 months of my 18-month membership.:whiner:

If I don't give them a new card number, and I mail them back my key card, is there anything they can do about it?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The gym I have been attending just sent me a letter saying that the credit card they withdraw my membership fees from has expired, and they are requesting I give them a new card number. I have had nothing but bad experiences at this gym, and I would prefer to change gyms rather than finish the last 12 months of my 18-month membership.:whiner:

If I don't give them a new card number, and I mail them back my key card, is there anything they can do about it?
they will get a judgement against you and then it will really hurt your credit. When you go to get a car or house loan you will end up having to pay for the membership AND interest and penelties.

Instead give them the new credit card info. Get a copy of your contract and find out how you can break the contract. If you have to move say 25 miles from any of their gyms get a friend to let you have a utility bill in YOUR name to that address. Or get a PO box and get a utility bill sent to that address. It may cost you $75 for the box and one month of utility but you will probably get out of the contract.

CROWLER

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Crowler you are a genius where were you 2.5 years ago when i signed up with BALLY's !!! :frustrate

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Crowler you are a genius where were you 2.5 years ago when i signed up with BALLY's !!! :frustrate

lol

Actually I have owned gyms and health clubs for over 15 years. Then I sold my places because I KNEW the people would never keep coming and yet were roped into a 2 or 3 year contract. It made me sick. Not good when you are trying to sell a product you don't believe in.

BTW to me Bally's is the lowest of the low. I have seen and heard about stories from those places. After getting a person to sign a long term contract they give the out of shape person a personal trainer and they get a KILLER first workout so the member can barely move the next day. They just hope the person will never come back but they are still required to pay.

Their sales tactics are even worse IMO.

CROWLER

Last edited:
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yep Crowler is right. The only way out of those contracts is if you move a certain distance away from the gym. I know mine you need to move up to 50 miles away in order to cancel the membership.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Crowler is right, go through the right channels or they will F*** you. Thats how gyms stay in business, everyone is on EFT and nobody goes. Could you imagin if everyone that had a 24 hour membership showed up at once???

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
or if you have a dr's note, a medical issue...I got one for my gym, been a member for 7 yrs, and decided to change, got a note from the dr( yes it was legit) and the new gym has a pool which is kinder to my joints....

YonkersCBR954

Banned
Awards
yea ...my girlfriend got out of her contract with bally's by getting a doctors note saying she couldnt work out for a certain amount of time and got out of her contract ...the gym im at has no contract at all which i like ...they just dont have a decline bench and dumb bells higher than 80lbs!:rant: