How does chewing tobacco effect bodybuilding?

cabby

Banned
Awards
I know all about the health risks like cancer and such, but is there any effects it has on gaining muscle or working out?

CAbby

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not the chewing tobacco, it is the nicotine. Research nicotine.

Malek256

Awards
When they cut your tongue and jaw off to try to save you from the oral cancer killing you, lacking the ability to eat stops your ability to mass.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here are a bunch of threads for you that will answer many of your questions. Nicotine is very effective as an appetite supressant, a stimulant, a nutrient partioner, etc, etc. If you want to learn than read. If you don't read them you wont learn. All of the answers to all of the possible questions you could be asking are going to be found in somewhere in here. Some very intelligent posters with some very high level discussion over there. Posters board names Dante, Par Deus, Loki and Spook are very very credible and knowledgeable.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=dcd5dc088a4cb8315a977e23592c198b&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=nicotine

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Here are a bunch of threads for you that will answer many of your questions. Nicotine is very effective as an appetite supressant, a stimulant, a nutrient partioner, etc, etc. If you want to learn than read. If you don't read them you wont learn. All of the answers to all of the possible questions you could be asking are going to be found in somewhere in here. Some very intelligent posters with some very high level discussion over there. Posters board names Dante, Par Deus, Loki and Spook are very very credible and knowledgeable.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=dcd5dc088a4cb8315a977e23592c198b&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=nicotine
Good post, you hit it right on the head. Nicotine is great for an appetite suppresant. For me, typical use is during the cutting phase. Besides getting cancer to the mouth, it would be great for people who are looking to cut. I do it every once in awhile, but not everyday...

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about quitting . . . again. I quit for about six months every few years. I'll go through a program on post this time that gives you zyban, gum, patches, whatever you need to quit. Then I'll go to the field in July and start up all over again.