True life: I'm a competitive eater

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hate MTV as much as the next guy but as I'm flippping through the channels I run across this program. It follows around a few dudes that are competitve eaters.

Anywho, this japanese dude who ate 51 hot dogs in 22 minutes is on the program. Let me just say, holy crap is this guy a BEAST!

He goes into a restaurant and eats (roughly) 22lbs of food!!!!! :jaw: IN ONE FRIGGIN SITTING!

If you guys have the chance to catch this segment, the five minutes of him doing this is worth it. Funny thing is, this guy is ripped, they should him doing deadlifts and benching a respectable weight, then before the final contest he has a ripped six pack.

I am so damn impressed by this guy that I had to post. I mean.....22lbs of food in one sitting......

:box:

EDIT: 53.5 hotdogs in 12 minutes!

http://www.answers.com/topic/takeru-kobayashi

Last edited:
Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i've seen those...amazing .... they had one with brides...the bride to be that ate the most got an all expense paid wedding...

but unlike that dude, these were "fluffy" women... :lol:

Kerussologos

Awards
Watching that little guy eat is partly amazing....the other part is disturbing!

I gues if you have a gift....

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen that special before. Kobayashi (the little chinese guy) is just a freak when it comes to eating. The best part about it though, is that he takes his weight training just as serious as his eating. He basically says that without his training (weights) that he wouldnt even be close to as good as he is at eating.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow, this is pretty sad actually. Gorging yourself with 22 pounds of food and getting a sense of accomplishment out of it, I call it gluttony...sigh. This crap better not become the next Olympic sport, the IOC has some pretty weird standards but even this would have to be low for them regardless of how much $$$ these events can generate.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, this is pretty sad actually. Gorging yourself with 22 pounds of food and getting a sense of accomplishment out of it, I call it gluttony...sigh. This crap better not become the next Olympic sport, the IOC has some pretty weird standards but even this would have to be low for them regardless of how much $$$ these events can generate.
Heh, come on...its just like any other crazy competition us Americans have.

That guy is a freak and has a special ability no matter how you look at it.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Kobayashi, however it's spelled, that jap dude, has a genetically lower stomach than most people . He eats 200 to 500 pieces of Sushi well chewed to pack it in then hits the gym with all that protein in his system.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Heh, come on...its just like any other crazy competition us Americans have.

That guy is a freak and has a special ability no matter how you look at it.
Yeah he's damn freak for sure, but that's not necessarily a good thing LOL

ktw

Awards
  • Established
I can see it already on the news: Competitive Eater Caught Taking Equipoise.

For some people, 53.5 hotdogs just isn't enough....

delta314

Awards
  • Established
And they look at me funny when I order 20 Krystal burgers....:burger:

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
And they look at me funny when I order 20 Krystal burgers....:burger:

Mmmmmmmmm. Sounds so good right about now. I haven't had Krystal's in sooooo long. I could go for at least 30 to 40 of em.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know what the hell these are but I'm guessing small burgers? For what its worth I ate a 2lb cheeseburger with fries and a diet coke. :twisted:

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what the hell these are but I'm guessing small burgers? For what its worth I ate a 2lb cheeseburger with fries and a diet coke. :twisted:
They are like two bite burgers. Up North I think they would compare with White Castle. I only go there every couple of months when I feel the need to binge.......

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
They are like two bite burgers. Up North I think they would compare with White Castle. I only go there every couple of months when I feel the need to binge.......
Well that makes sense then, you had me thinking you were a glutton for a second :icon_lol:

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Good thing you didnt wreck your diet and went w/ a diet coke instead or regular. :D