Keep it simple?

• Thread starter trainlikeafreak
  • Start date

trainlikeafreak

Have you ever considered why prisoners are some of the biggest, strongest, and most ripped people on the planet? For the majority of them this mind blowing type of strength has been achieved without the use of any anabolic agent, and a sub standard diet. What the hell are some of us missing?
I've had success no doubt, but I wonder if the key to more rapid gains has some how been over looked, or totally ignored due to being distracted by this or that supplement, or this or that training principle. If anyone has an opinion, or insight into this topic please respond.:wtf:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
i think the biggest thing, in this case, has to do with the amount of rest they get. They basically have all the time in the world to just lay around. I understand that they dont get the essential calories, but there are many prisons, not supermax though, where prisoners are allowed such things as whey and other supplements, including luxury food items.

trainlikeafreak

I agree the amount of rest these guys get is a luxury most of us don't have. I believe the mind may be a huge factor also. They don't have the same types of stress that free men have. Work performance, paying bills, family, or even concern for where the next meal will come from. No body wants to iron their cell mates tighty whities either. More incentive to keep training, and growing. I can't help being intrigued about what it is that we (on the outside) may be missing. Many prisoners seem to have nailed the anabolic equation with ease.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yup...all they do is lift and rest and eat. Theres not much for the to do. With that amount of rest, you would have to figure the body is capable of a lot things.

Plus...I'm sure a lot of them get protein supplementation...but not from whey.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
steroids, as every other type of drug, is rampant among prisoners.

I've heard that it's easier to get drugs INSIDE of prison than it is to get drugs on the outside...

the sleep/rest part I agree with also though and it does have a lot to do with their gains.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
steroids, as every other type of drug, is rampant among prisoners.

I've heard that it's easier to get drugs INSIDE of prison than it is to get drugs on the outside...

the sleep/rest part I agree with also though and it does have a lot to do with their gains.
I've heard the same thing.

I was in jail for 6 hours, only gained 3lbs while in though, bench did increase by 200lbs the next day.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever considered why prisoners are some of the biggest, strongest, and most ripped people on the planet? For the majority of them this mind blowing type of strength has been achieved without the use of any anabolic agent, and a sub standard diet. What the hell are some of us missing?
trainlikeafreak you are funny. Testosterone & DBol are smuggled into almost every prison in this country where they are sold and used by the the prison population. Very few lift weights without the gear. Steroids are also very forgiving when it comes to diet...even so a prison diet should provide enough calories to grow. Add in the weightlifting or exercises in the cell and they grow. Yes the majority of those "big guys" use steroids. Simple as that.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
good post meow!

dont forget KISS:
KEEP IT SIMPLE...STEROIDS!

maosman

Awards
Very interesting topic! I have something to add to it though. I know a friend of a friend who was 5'11'' and around 250lbs and he was very lean. He did go to jail for abit more then a year he lost some of his muscle and wasn't as lean when he came out. I think that for someone who trains hard and keeps to a strict diet when they go to prison they might lose some of the muscle because of the lack of nutrition and supplements. The reverse is true for those that did not work out and go to prison. There isn't much to do, so they start lifting and the environment motivates you. You don't want to be the smallest guy in the prison.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Is there a reason why I got neg repped in this thread?