What are some unusual bands do you listen to?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%

    What are some unusual bands do you listen to?


    What bands or music do you listen to that some people would describe them as unusual? I'd have ICP for myself. For some reason I've always enjoyed their music. It's true they do have some pretty sick lyrics, and some just don't make sense at all. But then again a lot of their songs have got to be some of the funniest **** I've ever heard. Also, they've been around for a long time. Not only that, their music has always been underground. I've never seen an ICP music video on MTV. So you really have to respect them for that. Well at least I do. So what are some unusual bands do you guys listen to?

  2. Board Supporter
    methusaleh's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    89365
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

    Mindless Self Indulgence from NYC. A friend of mine is their manager and gave me a CD a couple years ago, and I've been listening to them ever since. Got my brother into them as well. Really crazy, noisy, electro-industrial kind of stuff...
  3. New Member
    Sandcruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    123
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    22.17%

    sepultura, heavy, melodic, wierd.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    690
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    62.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by methusaleh
    Mindless Self Indulgence from NYC. A friend of mine is their manager and gave me a CD a couple years ago, and I've been listening to them ever since. Got my brother into them as well. Really crazy, noisy, electro-industrial kind of stuff...

    I just heard these guys. Their sound is nuts, I like them.
    Ultra sex, tight, bring the pain, ect..
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Haven't listened to much out of the mainstream in such a long time i'm not too sure.

    Lacouna Coil
    Massive Attack
    Opiate for the Masses

    Those are some of the ones I listened to that aren't really found on the radio.

    Disturbed
    HIM
    Bun B
    Korn
    Those are ones found on the radio that i've gotten some strange looks about.
  6. Board Supporter
    methusaleh's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    89365
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

    SoGone-- absolutely, you know it! Try to get your hands on some older stuff as well as newer, but personally I think Bring The Pain, though a cover song, is among their best, if not the best song they do. Have you heard Thank God yet? Another one of their best.
  7. New Member
    Chippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

    Unusual bands...

    Tones on Tail
    Katzenjammer Kabaret
    Oingo Boingo
    Android Lust
    Lard
    Revolting ****s
  8. Senior Member
    MaynardMeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    679
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    64.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    rubber
  9. Board Supporter
    Grassroots082's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    635
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    35.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Johnny Cash
  10. New Member
    2fast2live's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    61.95%

    Blood For Blood
  11. New Member
    chauncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    126
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%

    Aphex Twin
  12. Advanced Member
    Sunder's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    40
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    402
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    86.63%

    Alizee (weird only because she sings in French, and I don't understand a word...)
  13. Board Sponsor
    Apowerz6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    1168
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    NERD and Bjork (even thousgh she is not a band, she is a muscial genius)
  14. Registered User
    fbxdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2live
    Blood For Blood
    Nothing unusual about BFB. Just straight up good music
  15. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    528
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

    Mr. Bungle
  16. New Member
    Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%

    Nightwish is a pretty cool band too. It's hard rock with an opera singer.
  17. Advanced Member
    PVSkyHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    388
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

    Myself (in the shower)
  18. Registered User
    fbxdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

    2fast2live- is that tat on your right arm what i think it is? the ol crucified skin?
  19. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    528
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

    I also listen to Anal **** for ****s once in a while. Ween is another strange band with a few songs that I can handle. I worked a Thrill Kill Cult and Pigface show once and they were pretty strange.
  20. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    18.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Robin Trower, Iggy and the Stooges, Frank Zappa
  21. Banned
    Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

    What is unusual? Anal **** is pretty different.



    A Change of Pace, A Perfect Murder, A Life Once Lost, A Taste of Honey, AWilhelm Scream, Adema,Agnostic Front,Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Aker****e,All Is Well, Ambulance,Anal ****,Animal Collective,Annihilator,Anorexi a Nervosa, Arcade Fire, Apocalyptica,Arch Enemy,Armin Van Burren,As Cities Burn, At The Drive-in, At The Gates , Atom and His Package, Atreyu,At Vance,Audioslave, Avenged Sevenfold,Avenue of the Stongest, Beautiful Mistake, Becoming The Archetype, Beecher, Beloved, Best Left Forgotten,Between the Buried and Me, The Bled, Bleeding Through, Bloc Party,Boards Of Canada, Boxcar Racer, Break The Silence, Bullet for My Valentine, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Carnal Forge, Carpathian Forest, Cattle Decapitation, Chemical Brothers, Chimaira,Church,Coheed, Coldplay, Conversation, Circle of Dead Children,Clor,Cold,Coldplay,Co meback Kid,Contingency Plan,Conversation,Cradle of Filth, Cryptopsy,Cult of Luna,DamagePlan,Dark Tranquillity,Darkest Hour,Dead 60's, Dead or Alive,Death Cab for Cutie, Death from Above,Death in Vegas,Deceased,Decemberists,De ep Purple, Defleshed, Deftones,Demons and Wizards, Denali,Destruction Made Simple,Diary of Dreams,Dillinger Escape Plan,Dogs Die in Hot Cars,Dionysus, Doves,Dragon Force, Dream Theater, Echo and the Bunnymen, Ed Gein, Editors, Ektomorf,Elf Power,Emery,Enya,Ephel Duath,Exodus,Face to Face,Fear Factory, Feist,Finch, Fischerspooner,Flaming Lips,Forbidden,Franz Ferdinand,Freedom Call,From Autumn To Ashes, From First To Last,Frou Frou,Funeral For A Friend,Futureheads,Godspeed You Black Emperor,Gorgoroth,Gorillaz,Gui ded By Voices,Hate Eternal, Haste The Day,Heaven Shall Burn,Hidden Cameras, Hopesfall, Hypocrisy,In Flames,International Noise Conspiracy,Interpol, Jets To Brazil,Joan of Arc, John Mayer,John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Joy Division,Kaiser Chiefs,Keane, King Diamond, Kinks, Knockout, Koshean, Kreator, LCD Soundsystem, Little Tin Frog, Lostprophets,Marty Friedman, Martyr AD, Mastodon, Meat ****s, Mathletes,Megadeth,Meshuggah,M odest Mouse,Mogwai,Much The Same,My Bloody Valentine, My Dying Bride,My Morning Jacket,Nada Surf, Near Miss,Napalm Death,New Pornographers, Nile, Nine Black Alps,Nonpoint, Norah Joans, Norma Jean,Number Twelve Looks Like You,Of Montreal, Old Mans Child, Opeth, Otep,Paul Gilbert, Paul Van Dyk, Pendulum,PiPeDoWn, Posion the Well, Postal Service, Racer X,Sentenced,Thursday, Thrice, Tsunami Bomb,Warrent, Warmen, Ween, Whatever It Takes, Within Temptation, Zeke
  22. Senior Member
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    79223
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    20.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    something else..a local band, really good, what matters is also good
    RIP Ryan, :(
  23. New Member
    BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    370
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

    ltj bukem(dnb) kaskade(house) anything by naked music label.
  24. New Member
    2fast2live's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    61.95%

    Yup Dan, but dont worry back in the day i was a trad.
  25. Registered User
    fbxdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

    It's all cool bro. I was in the scene since around age 14, and so was my older brother. Good times listening to oi, and getting into trouble.
  26. New Member
    2fast2live's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    61.95%

    lol some of my best memories are from when i still wore the boots and braces. Every now and again i still put on the ole steel capped 14 eye oxblood docs
  27. Senior Member
    max silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    1233
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    5.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    One band that absolutely leaves me in stitches is Crotchduster. They are a seriously comedic grindcore/jazz/fusion/etc. band, that instantly transforms from ripping grinding death, to jazz, to cheesy pop all within the span of a few minutes. Pure comedic genious.
  28. New Member
    2fast2live's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    61.95%

    Whats that band that remakes songs into like cheezy vegas lounge tunes? When i heard it i laughed my ass off.
  29. How may I help you today?
    insectgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    162
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    66.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2live
    Whats that band that remakes songs into like cheezy vegas lounge tunes? When i heard it i laughed my ass off.
    Perhaps you are thinking of 'Richard Cheese and the Lounge Against the Machine Band'?
  30. New Member
    2fast2live's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    61.95%

    LOL thats it!!!
  31. Advanced Member
    danTman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    994
    Rep Power
    613
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    8.73%

    Ahahaha

    Alizee, i listened to that all the time in french......i can even sing along to some of her ****, word for word

    shes HOT though!
  32. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    8353
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sub Dub Micromachine, Rebel Meets Rebel (DAC + CFH)...
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  33. Advanced Member
    PVSkyHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    388
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

    Alkaline Trio
  34. Senior Member
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    1002
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    75.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I was wheelin thru XM on the way home from the office tonight. Listening to The Boneyard. I heard a band called Fireball Ministry and the song was called Sundown. It rocked, kind of reminded me between a cross of Juda Preist and Ozzy. Any thoughts? I may have to check into this band some more
  35. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    What is unusual? Anal **** is pretty different.



    A Change of Pace, A Perfect Murder, A Life Once Lost, A Taste of Honey, AWilhelm Scream, Adema,Agnostic Front,Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Aker****e,All Is Well, Ambulance,Anal ****,Animal Collective,Annihilator,Anorexi a Nervosa, Arcade Fire, Apocalyptica,Arch Enemy,Armin Van Burren,As Cities Burn, At The Drive-in, At The Gates , Atom and His Package, Atreyu,At Vance,Audioslave, Avenged Sevenfold,Avenue of the Stongest, Beautiful Mistake, Becoming The Archetype, Beecher, Beloved, Best Left Forgotten,Between the Buried and Me, The Bled, Bleeding Through, Bloc Party,Boards Of Canada, Boxcar Racer, Break The Silence, Bullet for My Valentine, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Carnal Forge, Carpathian Forest, Cattle Decapitation, Chemical Brothers, Chimaira,Church,Coheed, Coldplay, Conversation, Circle of Dead Children,Clor,Cold,Coldplay,Co meback Kid,Contingency Plan,Conversation,Cradle of Filth, Cryptopsy,Cult of Luna,DamagePlan,Dark Tranquillity,Darkest Hour,Dead 60's, Dead or Alive,Death Cab for Cutie, Death from Above,Death in Vegas,Deceased,Decemberists,De ep Purple, Defleshed, Deftones,Demons and Wizards, Denali,Destruction Made Simple,Diary of Dreams,Dillinger Escape Plan,Dogs Die in Hot Cars,Dionysus, Doves,Dragon Force, Dream Theater, Echo and the Bunnymen, Ed Gein, Editors, Ektomorf,Elf Power,Emery,Enya,Ephel Duath,Exodus,Face to Face,Fear Factory, Feist,Finch, Fischerspooner,Flaming Lips,Forbidden,Franz Ferdinand,Freedom Call,From Autumn To Ashes, From First To Last,Frou Frou,Funeral For A Friend,Futureheads,Godspeed You Black Emperor,Gorgoroth,Gorillaz,Gui ded By Voices,Hate Eternal, Haste The Day,Heaven Shall Burn,Hidden Cameras, Hopesfall, Hypocrisy,In Flames,International Noise Conspiracy,Interpol, Jets To Brazil,Joan of Arc, John Mayer,John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Joy Division,Kaiser Chiefs,Keane, King Diamond, Kinks, Knockout, Koshean, Kreator, LCD Soundsystem, Little Tin Frog, Lostprophets,Marty Friedman, Martyr AD, Mastodon, Meat ****s, Mathletes,Megadeth,Meshuggah,M odest Mouse,Mogwai,Much The Same,My Bloody Valentine, My Dying Bride,My Morning Jacket,Nada Surf, Near Miss,Napalm Death,New Pornographers, Nile, Nine Black Alps,Nonpoint, Norah Joans, Norma Jean,Number Twelve Looks Like You,Of Montreal, Old Mans Child, Opeth, Otep,Paul Gilbert, Paul Van Dyk, Pendulum,PiPeDoWn, Posion the Well, Postal Service, Racer X,Sentenced,Thursday, Thrice, Tsunami Bomb,Warrent, Warmen, Ween, Whatever It Takes, Within Temptation, Zeke
    =Brent loves EMO..J/K

    I loves underground hip-hop:

    Aesop Rock
    Eyedea
    MF Doom
    Cage
    Diverse
    Lyrics Born
    Souls of Mischief
    Illmaculate
    Blueprint
    BROTHER ALI!!
  36. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,714
    Rep Power
    513546
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Halo Benders
    MC 900 Foot Jesus
    Greyboy
    Loco
    Ralph Stanley
    Laurie Lewis and Tom Rozum
    Medeski, Martin and Wood
    PJ Harvey
    Morcheeba
    Portishead
    Clutch
    And I love love love Hatebreed and Radiohead
  37. dirtysouthmuscl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    65.74%

    Dread Zepplin , its like Elvis meets Zepplin and add a little regge. Something really diff.
  38. Senior Member
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    740
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    45.21%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold
    Nightwish is a pretty cool band too. It's hard rock with an opera singer.
    I was gonna mentioned nightwish. Also, I listen to Sonata Arctica, Lullacry, Amon Amarth, and a lot of other Scandinavian Metal Bands.
  39. Senior Member
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    1002
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    75.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Any input on Fireball Ministry? Anyone else listening to them? May have to fire up LW this weekend
  40. New Member
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    229
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    20.12%

    Johnny Winter. Aside from Hendrix, he is the BEST guitarist in my opinion. He is also known as the Albino Bluesman.

    Gumbo
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you listen to while you workout?
    By MuscleGuyinNY in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
  2. What do you listen to while working out?
    By Loki003 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 04:36 AM
  3. What music(if any) do you listen to while working out?
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 02:16 AM
  4. What Podcasts do you Listen to?
    By holyintellect in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
  5. What Music Do You listen to while lifting?
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in