I'm Canadian looking to get a mailbox in the US, few ???

logan

logan

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm under 2 hrs from the border and want to get a mailbox that I can get "things" sent to within the US that I can't get shipped to my address here in Canada.

I know they offer mailboxes at the UPS store. However, I don't know whether being a Canadian resident will permit me in getting one. Just looking for some help on how I can get this setup. Let me know if anyone has any information, ideas or has done something like this themselves

cheers

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
There is still the trouble of getting it from the mailbox home. Bringing bunches of things in your car might have worse consequences than having them shipped.

logan

logan

Board Supporter
Awards
it is only a few small things and if I could get them shipped directly to me I would, but I can't. It isn't an option.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Google "private mailboxes" for the towns across the border that you are thinking of. Have some legitimate reason why you need the box in case they ask (ex. you run a small business and want to expand into the states but don't want American customers to be put off by a Canadian company address). Finally, don't use the box for anything which is illegal in the states.:thumbsup:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Any private U.S. mailbox service you find on the net or yellow pages will require a USPS mail receiving form with accompanying photocopied DL and another piece of ID and then you have to pickup and transport or have forwarded somewhere , you could photoshop fake the ID photocopy to get the box but either next step has another set of security considerations to add to the initial receiving stage security considerations.

I'm sorry, I could tell you how to do this as securely as possible, but that would probably be considered improper here. Think local receiving directly at an unassociated location without an ID requirement, that's about all I can say.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
I suggested this in another similar thread:

You can have your supps. shipped to a Parcel & Handling place such as Menkes Parcel & Handling. They only charge about 5 bucks to handle a package and then you just pick it up yourself.

logan

logan

Board Supporter
Awards
thank you for the idea!! that would have been perfect. It's too bad they only have 2 locations near Manitoba. I'm from Toronto, Ontario, that would be a bit of a drive, lol!
any place like that in NY???

I suggested this in another similar thread:

You can have your supps. shipped to a Parcel & Handling place such as Menkes Parcel & Handling. They only charge about 5 bucks to handle a package and then you just pick it up yourself.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the idea!! that would have been perfect. It's too bad they only have 2 locations near Manitoba. I'm from Toronto, Ontario, that would be a bit of a drive, lol!
any place like that in NY???
Hey Logan, I live just down the 401 from you bro and believe me whatever you are looking for......you can get it sent to you in Canada....

jecko