Cheney Says Shooting Of Fellow Hunter Was Based On Faulty Intelligence

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
This is already making its rounds on the internet. I didnt find it too funny, but I thought i would share it with you guys.

Believed Shooting Victim Was Zawahiri, Veep Says

Vice President Dick Cheney revealed today that he shot a fellow hunter while on a quail hunting trip over the weekend because he believed the man was the fugitive terror mastermind A yman al-Zawahiri.

Mr. Cheney acknowledged that the man he sprayed with pellets on Saturday was not al-Zawahiri but rather Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old millionaire lawyer from Austin, blaming the mix-up on "faulty intelligence."

"I believed I had credible intelligence that al-Zawahiri had infiltrated my hunting party in disguise with the intent of spraying me with pellets," Mr. Cheney told reporters. "Only after I shot Harry in the face and he shouted 'Cheney, you bastard' did I realize that this intelligence was faulty."

Moments after Mr. Cheney's assault on Mr. Whittington, Mr. al-Zawahiri appeared in a new videotape broadcast on al-Jazeera to announce that he was uninjured in the vice president's attack because, in his words, "I was in Pakistan."

An aide to the vice president said he believed that the American people would believe Mr. Cheney's version of events, but added, "If he was going to shoot any of his cronies right now it's a shame it wasn't Jack Abramoff."

At the White House, President George W. Bush defended his vice president's shooting of a fellow hunter, saying that the attack sent "a strong message to terrorists everywhere."

"The message is, if Dick Cheney is willing to shoot an innocent American citizen at point-blank range, imagine what he'll do to you," Mr. Bush said.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I thought someone yelled QUAIL

Cheney turned and shot then said OH **** I thougt you meant Dan Quail.

CROWLER

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
this is the dumbest over reaction i have ever heard lol. When i was younger we use to shoot each other with bird shot for fun! I am not kidding.. We would do civil war style games and shoot each other. Dumb? YES but it was fun. We had no idea that the bb's that make up the bird shot could maybe go into the skin and then be obsorbed to make way to the heart.. after thinking about this as i type.. this is one of the dumbest things i have ever done as a kid... i could have shot my eye out!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
The entire thing is hilarious. Not funny for the guy who got shot but it's funny as hell from where I'm standing:icon_lol:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought it was pretty funny also. including all the jokes that accompany it. I just hope it does not turn into one of those "guns are bad" campaigns.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
You're still safer hunting with Dick Cheney than being the passenger with Ted Kennedy:rofl:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was pretty funny also. including all the jokes that accompany it. I just hope it does not turn into one of those "guns are bad" campaigns.
I think the lesson here is that GUNS + ALCOHOL + OLD PEOPLE WIELDING GUNS AFTER DRINKING ALCOHOL = BAD.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
no one was drunk.. but you are correct

raider1

raider1

Awards
I could not believe this guy has his own mash unit on standby, with a air ambulance too.. just waiting for him to keel over.. all I can get is some crappy HMO... :rant:

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was pretty funny also. including all the jokes that accompany it.
sadly, i agree.... my favorite so far is:

we no longer have to look for "weapons of mass distruction", because we found dick chaney!

it is horrible for the man that got shot though. pellets in the heart area....no fun

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
no one was drunk.. but you are correct
Well, I didn't say drunk, I said drinking because Cheney has admitted to drinking beer before the shooting (on FOX TV)and the owner of the ranch told NBC that there had been drinking.

You are correct that there is no proof that anyone was drunk (perhaps because no one reported the incident to the police until the next day...and then so much time had passed that the police didn't bother with a sobriety test).
:blink:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
this is the dumbest over reaction i have ever heard lol. When i was younger we use to shoot each other with bird shot for fun! I am not kidding.. We would do civil war style games and shoot each other. Dumb? YES but it was fun. We had no idea that the bb's that make up the bird shot could maybe go into the skin and then be obsorbed to make way to the heart.. after thinking about this as i type.. this is one of the dumbest things i have ever done as a kid... i could have shot my eye out!
Im far from a fan of the current administration but it was obviously an accident. But, it goes to show that they're as careless about the future of the country as they are with eachother ;)

BV

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Heard today that people are referring to an "accidental facial" now as a "Cheney."