Getting Bloodwork Soon...Ques....

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I put this in here b/c I haven't done anything anabolic in a long time (and not much of anything). I have a Dr's appt. next week, and my bro-in-law just told me I can probably get blood drawn this week so that it is ready in time.

I'm curious, how is the decision made regarding what tests are done on the blood? I know I should have kidney, liver, urea, etc all done, and I assume they will just order that. I also want them to do test. How is that decision made?

Can I tell them I work out and I really want to know my test levels.

Should I tell them I think I have some symptoms of hypogonadism so that they'll test it?

Anything specific I should ask for? I read through all the descriptions in the stellar safe cycling thread, but I doubt they will take all of that.

Much obliged,
Beowulf

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A traditional wellness panel will likely include CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel) as inclusive as the lab you get the draw done. This is your liver, kidneys, etc. A lipid panel usually part of a wellness as well. You could just ask for a test profile as well. The one that may be difficault to persuade them to give you is the GGT (liver) as it is usually not part of a tradition CMP. Bump them for a prostate as well.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just told my doc that I wanted everything done and tested for to include livers/kidneys etc etc. Even with insurance sicne it wasn't a regular test cost me about 130 bucks.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I'll see the doc when I get the blood drawn; probably just for the actual checkup. I'm guessing it will just be some nurses. Can they make the decision?

JH, $130 is pretty steep with insurance, but I think I'll suck it up. I'd like to know as much as possible.

thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

tattoopierced1

I can get whatever type bloodwork done and only pay the $20 co pay, so it depends on your insurance company.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I'll see the doc when I get the blood drawn; probably just for the actual checkup. I'm guessing it will just be some nurses. Can they make the decision?

JH, $130 is pretty steep with insurance, but I think I'll suck it up. I'd like to know as much as possible.

thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:
Insurance should cover 100% as long as it is MD ordered, mine covered all of the tests that I linked to. An APN or PA working for the MD should be able to fill out the form/script and yes they can make the decision.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Insurance should cover 100% as long as it is MD ordered, mine covered all of the tests that I linked to. An APN or PA working for the MD should be able to fill out the form/script and yes they can make the decision.
Thanks Jonny! Do you think they would be suspicious at all if I am requesting all these specific tests? Most people know absolutely nothing about their bloodwork, so it is definitely out of the ordinary. Would they possibly suspect that this is in prep for a cycle?

I'm just a little paranoid b/c my insurance is through the school where I work.

dunimous

Board Supporter
Awards
I told the doctor my parents had some issues with test levels and he didn't ask another question.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Most of the labs are not out of the ordinary. All of ordinary concern for a male. Could aways say that you have been feeling a little lethargic lately and have been reading up on possible causes, hence the Liver/Test.

tattoopierced1

just tell them that you've been feeling tired, and have a lack of sex drive lately and need to determine whether it is low test or just stress at work.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
At your age, I would think that if you said your libido is low, a test panel would be in order.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks guys. I think I'll mention lethargy/low sex drive thing (which isn't happening :D )

Brennon

Awards
In a perfect world, these are the labs you would have done.

Total Testosterone
Bioavailable Testosterone (sometimes called “Free and Loosely Bound”)
Free Testosterone (if Bio T is not available)
SHBG
DHT
Estradiol (specify by the “Extraction Method” or “Ultra-Sensitive”)
Total Estrogens
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Cortisol
Thyroid Panel (TSH, FT3, FT4)
CBC
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid Panel
Homocysteine
PSA (if over 40)
IGF-1
Fasting Insulin

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
^ I see someone has been over at Meso

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Bloodwork Arrived (Minus Test)

I got the results from my bloodwork, and I think it all looks good. They had to send out blood for the Test levels, so I don't have that yet.

WBC: 8.8 (4.5-11.0)
RBC: 5.4 (4.2-5.8)
Hgb: 15.6 (13.1-17.1)
Hct: 48.0 (40.0-51.0)
MCV: 88.9 (80.0-100.0)

...ok, this is taking too long. I'll cut to the typical stuff we look for.

ULTRA hTSH II: .91 (.47-5.01)
Free T4: 1.14 (.71-1.85)
Glucose: 87 (70-105)
BUN: 17 (7-18)
Alkaline P: 57 (42-121)
ALT: 31 (10-60)
AST: 26 (10-43)
Cholesterol: 91.0 (0.0-200.0)
Triglycerides: 27 (35-160)
HDL: 39.0 (29.0-85.0)
LDL: Chol/HDL Ratio: 2.3 (3.7-6.7)
LDL: 46.6 (65-131.0)

All the urine stuff came out good, too.

The Dr. told me that my cholesterol is the best he has ever seen. Does that sound right, or may he be a bit off the mark with that comment??? :think:

The only thing that struck me is could my LDL be too low? Also, my HDL is in the normal range, but near the bottom of it. I've increased my flax oil and almond intake, and I'm starting Sesathin this week. My only reason for concern is that I am running a methyl right now (Halodrol).

If anyone wants to know anything not listed, just let me know. I have it all, but it'll take forever to post.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea your cholesterol is crazy low. Unless you Dr. thinks this may be a problem I wouldn't worry about it. Your cycle will probably elevate it

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
congrats on your passed test... Now start that crazy stack !!!:clap2:

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Old age is some wicked ****......just got my blood results back also. (After a PP/SD/Pro cycle)
:sick:
WBC 5.5
RBC 5.76 high
ALT 88 high
AST 34
Cholesterol total 344 high
Triglycerides 301 high
HDL 4 low
VLDL 60 high
LDL 280 high
B12 984 high
FSH LH 1.0 low
Test 22 low
Free Test 1.0 low

Put me on 5gr test daily (anadrol gel)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yea your cholesterol is crazy low. Unless you Dr. thinks this may be a problem I wouldn't worry about it. Your cycle will probably elevate it
Old bump, but want to share something. I've heard people say that you need a moderately high cholesterol level to have high levels of endogenous test. My test came out pretty high (above 700), yet my cholesterol was very low.

Brennon

Awards
Old bump, but want to share something. I've heard people say that you need a moderately high cholesterol level to have high levels of endogenous test. My test came out pretty high (above 700), yet my cholesterol was very low.
This is true...it's not just about test, however, all steroid hormones are built on cholesterol, and they are all important.

There's also about a dozen or so studies linking low cholesterol with depression and suicide.

This is only my opinion, but I think anything <160 is too low.