Online Ammo? - AnabolicMinds.com

Online Ammo?

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Online Ammo?

I'm looking for the best price on 5.56 AR15 rounds. I know Federal makes a good M193 (55gr) but was wondering if any of you guys know of a good, economical online source, or know of a cheaper brand with comparable quality?

2. Registered User

Are you planning a coup at work?
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Haha.. Yeah! Who's with me?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Dr. D,

I run (with some other good folks) a firearms forum. I'm sure you can find an answer there. The addy is:

http://p092.ezboard.com/bchiefstipi11395

I have never purchased ammo online myself, but I know many of the guys there have. I'd check under the Long Guns forum.

Hope this helps.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    I'm looking for the best price on 5.56 AR15 rounds. I know Federal makes a good M193 (55gr) but was wondering if any of you guys know of a good, economical online source, or know of a cheaper brand with comparable quality?
    let me talk to my local militia and get back to you on that one......... what im serious.... really i am.

na i know bout 10 guys that have decided that they all need every gun they see and shoot, even crazy stuff like automatic action replacements for semi-auto uzi'z n whatnot..... but ill talk to em and see what they prefer, theyd know since their cheap and load nearly all their own shot and shells....
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

Gives a whole new meaning to "shooting up" in a body building forum HAHAHAHAHAHAHWEHFUWHE laugh at that.. help my ego!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Now that was funny
  8. Senior Member

I Told You That Joke Over The Phone!!! You Are Using My Stuff!!!!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've seen decent prices over at cheaper-than-dirt.com but I cannot vouche for quality.
  10. Senior Member

Dr. D here is an up to date price list. M193 is what I and most people will suggest to shoot. XM193 is the same thing BTW.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=222888

Some people like to shoot Wolf, because of it's price. I personally wouldn't use it, but quite a few do without problems. If you are really trying to shoot cheap, I would get a box, and see how it cycles through your weapon.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

www.thehighroad.org is a great firearms board as well. Good folks and a very AM type "no flaming, no bull****" policy.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  12. Anabolic Xtreme

pretty good place for some info

http://forums.impactguns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

The only brand I've ever used is the Win Q3131, but the Wolf does look good based on the bulk price. I've never shot it and it scares me a little based on some of the stories, like you said Pursuit. The local Acadamy store sells some brand called Monarch, but it's even cheaper that the Wolf! I've never used the M855 either, thought I'd just stick to the XM193's unless there was some great advantage to the other. It is a bit cheaper every where I've looked. Thanks for the leads and insight guys.
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    I've seen decent prices over at cheaper-than-dirt.com but I cannot vouche for quality.
    I've bought from Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsmans Paradise. They both have good quality ammo at extremely good prices. The more you buy, the better the deal. I usually get the green tip military 223. The best I've used is Federal Tactical Rifle Urban (Law Enforcement only). It's .55gr boat tail hollow point, and it's the ****.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by delta314
    I've bought from Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsmans Paradise. They both have good quality ammo at extremely good prices. The more you buy, the better the deal. I usually get the green tip military 223. The best I've used is Federal Tactical Rifle Urban (Law Enforcement only). It's .55gr boat tail hollow point, and it's the ****.
    Thanks Delta. Is the Federal TRU for indoor or close range use only? I thought the hollow tips where more of a spread ammo? I've heard it said that they spin the same on impact but that they frag very poorly. The green tips are the M855, right?
  16. Registered User

Thanks Delta. Is the Federal TRU for indoor or close range use only? I thought the hollow tips where more of a spread ammo? I've heard it said that they spin the same on impact but that they frag very poorly. The green tips are the M855, right?
    You are correct about the M855 green tips. The Federal TRU ammo (in BT HP)offers excellent penetration. They also have a special powder that doesn't give the flash that regular powders do, so you can keep your night vision while firing.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

OK, gotcha. That's good to know. If I can just remember now! I know some of the 'hotter' rounds can cause flash probs but I didn't realize the green tips had a retardant added.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    Dr. D,

I run (with some other good folks) a firearms forum. I'm sure you can find an answer there. The addy is:

http://p092.ezboard.com/bchiefstipi11395

I have never purchased ammo online myself, but I know many of the guys there have. I'd check under the Long Guns forum.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks again Redwolf. It's an interesting forum and I've had fun looking around over there today!
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Yeah, I may go with 'The Armory' and pick up some 380 ammo while I'm there. Thank though Bio!
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    Dr. D here is an up to date price list. M193 is what I and most people will suggest to shoot. XM193 is the same thing BTW.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=222888

Some people like to shoot Wolf, because of it's price. I personally wouldn't use it, but quite a few do without problems. If you are really trying to shoot cheap, I would get a box, and see how it cycles through your weapon.
    Thanks NP, that list is a great quick reference resource! Those folks know way more about this stuff that I do.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    www.thehighroad.org is a great firearms board as well. Good folks and a very AM type "no flaming, no bull****" policy.

ManBeast
    Yeah, it does have an AM feel to it there. Good board. You know the flaming turns me off, so I can really appreciate that. Thanks for the link Beast!
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by krzna
    Thanks Krzna. Good to see you at AM bro!
  23. Senior Member

Thanks NP, that list is a great quick reference resource! Those folks know way more about this stuff that I do.
    LOL yeah I've spent quite a bit of time over there. They definitely know their ****. Check out the AMMO FAQ they have. It's a long read, but all your questions on 5.56/223 ammo will certainly be anwered.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Yeah, it does have an AM feel to it there. Good board. You know the flaming turns me off, so I can really appreciate that. Thanks for the link Beast!
    Yah, I spend most of my time in the shotgun section. I still can't figure out exactly what "evil black rifle" I want. I basically have to decided on .223 or .308 first.

ManBeast
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Yah, I spend most of my time in the shotgun section. I still can't figure out exactly what "evil black rifle" I want. I basically have to decided on .223 or .308 first.

ManBeast
    Go witht the .308, that's going to be my next rifle purchase.

This is a site I like to visit
    http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/index.php

For some good prices on ammo if you want to buy alot check out
    http://www.ammoman.com/

I've never bought from them, but have friends who have.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

highroad came about when firingline went down for a while. I look there too, they have a bit less bias towards the remington 870 over the mossberg 500 series at the firingline.

ManBeast
  27. Doctor Science

Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Are you planning a coup at work?
    If so then........
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

You better not be shooting any bunnies or otters with that ammo!!!
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

If ammoman is still around, they had decent deals. I haven't shot .223 in years, I love my .308 tho I have a case of PMP .308. I believe it's south african. Just avoid wolf, that stuff is so dirty. Have you tried going to a gun show and picking some up there?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. best online calorie counter?
    By LakeMountD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 11:35 AM
  2. Beef Jerky online
    By mauibuilt in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 10:13 PM
  3. Where can I download Galaga online?
    By LethalGunz34 in forum General Chat