Hernia or Not?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Hernia or Not??

1. New Member

Hernia or Not??

Alright, I have been reading these boards for a while just havent posted yet. I hate to make this my first post but i need some help. Yesterday was heavy full squat day and i went 365x3, 385x3 and went for 405and failed, I then went to 385x3 again. Then i tryed 405 again with a spotand gave it all i had and got three. I did not feel any pain at all except for my femurs. I go thome and noticed my right testicle was hurting. It randomly aches every 3 to 5 minutes i would say, and the pain seems to travel up to my belt line. Nothing feels any different around my balls. Do you think i might have a hernia? Or some sort of strain or tear, i noticed i got pain after my workout tonight when i was done struggling with my one arm db rows the pain was almost immediatley there. What do you guys think , im pretty worried here and would appreciate all help. Thanks

2. Board Supporter

first of all enlarge your font. Second I have had 2 hernias. Both of them I could feel a bulge, kind of like a bubble under the skin. If you are really worried get it checked for peace of mind. It is not uncommon when lifting VERY heavy to have pain in that area like a throbbing feeling.
  3. Registered User

I couldnt finish what you wrote, my eyes were hurting. Go to the doc, this is nothing to mess with. If you make it worse, your recovery time will more then likely increase.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    I couldnt finish what you wrote, my eyes were hurting. Go to the doc, this is nothing to mess with. If you make it worse, your recovery time will more then likely increase.
    I will second Drews advice to hit up the doc but I have to say from experience don't freak out. I had the first hernia for many years and didn't know it. It caused a little permanent damage and thats what you should be concerned with. The second one actually happened right after I got the first one fixed and I should note the recovery was the same for both. I was out of the gym for only 2 days each.

You are risking permanent damage though the longer you wait.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    I will second Drews advice to hit up the doc but I have to say from experience don't freak out. I had the first hernia for many years and didn't know it. It caused a little permanent damage and thats what you should be concerned with. The second one actually happened right after I got the first one fixed and I should note the recovery was the same for both. I was out of the gym for only 2 days each.

You are risking permanent damage though the longer you wait.

I guess it can all depend on the severity. My buddy in the corps, was on perks for like 6 weeks and couldnt walk for awhile. I only remember that cause I would get his chow and have to walk it up to his room all the time. Sometimes it sucks bieng the nice guy.
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    I guess it can all depend on the severity. My buddy in the corps, was on perks for like 6 weeks and couldnt walk for awhile. I only remember that cause I would get his chow and have to walk it up to his room all the time. Sometimes it sucks bieng the nice guy.
    Lol was there any left by the time it got to him. It really does depend on how bad it is and really what type it is. I have some nerve damage that still ain't right.
  7. New Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. Today the pain has subsided and isnt even there. I wonder if i just strained something. I am still gonna watch going heavy on deadlift and squat and make sure not to strain to much. I have a physical scheduled and hopefully everything will be alright. Thanks again
  8. Banned

9. Advanced Member

You proabably strained your groin right under your nut sack.

Similar Forum Threads

1. dont know if its a hernia or not
    By bigdude45 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 04:09 AM
  2. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
  3. To Stretch or Not to Stretch You be the Judge
    By DarCSA in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 07:14 AM
  4. Eat unhealthy food, or not eating at all?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2002, 11:08 AM
  5. Too wake up or not to wake
    By 8 pak man in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 07:24 PM