1 in 3 French backs Saddam! Booooooooo!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
<SPAN class=textcopy>1 and 3 French Back Saddam.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=textcopy>ILL-FEELING between Britain and France over the invasion of Iraq has plumbed new depths with the desecration of that most sacred of memorials, a war cemetery.

The defilement of Commonwealth war graves in northern France coincided with a poll for The Times which found that 54 per cent of Britons no longer regarded France as a close ally because of its opposition to the war. Relations will be further rent by a second poll, in Le Monde, showing that only a third of the French felt that they were on the same side as the Americans and British, and that another third desired outright Iraqi victory over “les anglo-saxons”. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=textcopy>Eleven thousand Allied soldiers lie buried in well-tended peace at Etaples, on the Channel coast near Le Touquet, victims of the struggle by Anglo-Saxons to liberate the French from the German invaders during the First World War. Last week the obelisk raised in their memory was defiled by red-painted insults such as “Rosbeefs go home”; “May Saddam prevail and spill your blood”; and, in a reference to the long-dead casualties beneath the manicured turf, “They are soiling our land”. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=textcopy>Local gendarmerie have launched an inquiry, but have so far found no clues. They say there had been no significant demonstrations against the war in that area of France. The graffiti have been scrubbed off, but the incident has provoked outrage among British politicians, war graves staff and the few remaining relatives of those buried at Etaples. French politicians have joined the condemnation. Bruce George, Labour chairman of the Commons Defence Committee, said: “Remembering what sacrifice these men made for the liberation of France, I cannot believe any mature, sane person would be so stupid as that.” David Uffold, 63, a Shropshire farmer, is the only surviving relative of Rifleman Frederick Uffold of the London Regiment, who is buried at Etaples. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=textcopy>“I find it sickening that anyone would vandalise the cemetery,” he said. “It is the last place they should be protesting about Iraq. These fellows were drafted in to fight for France. I can’t see any connection between the men buried at Etaples and the war in Iraq.” Peter Francis, of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission, said he was disgusted that a place remembering those who died defending freedom in world wars long ago should be dragged into a current political debate. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=textcopy>French politicians did their best to portray the desecration as an isolated act, but it nonetheless underlined anti-American and anti-British emotions running through France over what is seen there as a bungled invasion rapidly turning into a humanitarian disaster. President Chirac’s spokesman said: “We are indignant and shocked by the desecration of the graves of soldiers who fought for our liberty.” Jean-Pierre Raffarin, the Prime Minister, said: “The Americans are not the enemy; just because we are against this war, it does not mean that we want the victory of dictatorship over democracy.” </SPAN>

dez/null

Awards
**** them french assholes. They can fucking surrender again for all I care. And dishonoring our gravesites is pure BS......but whatever they are the bitch of the planet.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the coding that is displayed. I can not get it to go away anymore......

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
**** them french assholes. They can fucking surrender again for all I care. And dishonoring our gravesites is pure BS......but whatever they are the bitch of the planet.
i agree...anyone who would do something like this is scum of the earth. I'm by them like I am anyone who thinks its sooo terrible here...they should leave. These men fought so France could be free....as did our troops at Normandy in WWII....I think we should take them (French) out too...they are a disgrace.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That 1/3 of France's non-pussy population needs to get the hell out of that pussy ass country. France is the type of "friend" that puts on a smile around your presence, but when you leave they talk **** about you.

Juggernaut

Awards
Man **** france. (I know im canadian but i back the U.S. 100% in this matter0.

I wouldnt want them on my side anyways. I couldnt spare the 50 billion dollars i'd need every war to go rescue their long cigarette smoking, striped shirt wearing, tam sporting, gay moustache having asses.