POW Rescued!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
<SPAN class=regblk>U.S. Army PFC Jessica Lynch, 19, from Palestine, West Virginia grimaces inside a U.S. helicopter April 2, 2003 after being rescued by U.S. special forces while being held captive for ten days in Nassiriya in southern Iraq  Lynch, who Captain Jay La Rossa, spokesman for the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit said, had two broken legs and one broken arm but was stable and in good condition, was with a maintenance convoy ambushed by Iraqi forces on March 23. Military sources near Nassiriya said U.S. Marines staged a decoy attack to allow special forces to rescue Lynch from the hospital in the southern city where U.S.-led forces have faced stiff resistance from Iraqi fighters. EDITORIAL USE ONLY REUTERS/U.S. DOD video</SPAN>

Attachments

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
This is awesome news....kinda gives a boost to the operation!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
It's great and all, but the 11 bodies they found doesn't seem to give me much of a boost... :(

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
The deaths are very sad, but in war, you treasure every success!

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
The deaths are very sad, but in war, you treasure every success!
true....i just wish there was a way casualties could be avoided, but in war that is just not possible. the success of this rescue just means just that much more because at least there's one less soldier who died than it could have been in this case....

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I think she got rescued because of so much publicity... what about the men?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
She got rescued because she's from WV..... we dont die.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I think she got rescued because of so much publicity... what about the men?
i hope that's not true....but in the back of my mind i cant help but think all things being equal there wouldnt be as much publicity about the rescue if she were a man. Still, I'm thankful she's gonna be ok...and from what they said on the news, she sounds pretty tough tho...and I'm glad she's on our side...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I heard this morning that in addition to being shot she was also stabbed, and had a broken leg. She was still firing like mad when the Iraqis got her. Good to hear she was rescued, I hope this raises the morale (sp ?) of other POW's

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
She has a fractured disk, both of her legs are broken and one of her arms. She was apparently shot several times and then stabbed. The broken bones will probably be connected to her torture in the hospital. They better not have raped her!

Last edited:
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by windwords7
They better not have raped her! [/B]
If they did rape her I'd freaking torture their POW's. I wouldn't put this past Saddam's bastardly army since they even kill their own people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
One of the other interesting things I heard about her was apparently she did manage to kill 6 Iraqies before they got her semi subdued.. then she stabbed a few more.. Damn got to love those WV women... also I have heard rumors that she was asking when she was going to be released back to her unit.. this girl is as tough as nails... :D got to salute her for that