New to AM from Ohio

SocrBalls84

Awards
Hello Everyone!

I have been working out for [properly] for about a year now, but in the past few months, have tried to step it up a few notches. I have played soccer all through high school (I'm currently in my third year in college - Go Buckeyes!), but have remained overweight (in part due to overeating and emotional eating, but also to a sedentary lifestyle outside of soccer).

A couple months ago, I hired a personal trainer that drew up a plan and for the most part, have been impressed with the results. Each workout pushes me a bit further, I'm noticing slow improvements in strength, and some physical changes as well.

But what was the problem then, remains the problem now - my nutrition. Between classes, work, fraternity events, and of course the "weekend experiences," my nutritional program is definitely holding me back. I have been reading a lot of the posts to critique the plan I was going to start following (your a-typical "high quality protein + high quality carbohydrate" at each meal) a better plan.

I have also started a supplementation program, even though it was coming to end after about two months of following it:

NO XPlode
Cell Mass
Hot Rox
Nitrix
Axis

I am still looking to lose body fat, but realize that my nutrition is the largest factor holding me back. After I finish the bottle of Hot Rox, I don't think I will take a fat burner until I feel more comfortable in a nutritional routine. The others, I'm not so sure about.

Any suggestions, advice, or guidance you can give is appreciated. If not, just wanted to say Hello!

-Justin

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Welcome, always good to have another fellow Buckeye on the board to fend off both scUM north and scUM southers. I'm from C-bus originally and miss the **** out of it. How is cow town these days? Congrats on the motivation and best wishes to the success of achieving your goals.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
:wave: welcome to AM! I know how the fraternity life goes.. I've learned to give and take when it comes to the weekends. It's all abt dedication imo.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Welcome! (eat chicken! lots of chicken):food:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Are you a salesman for BSN? If not, how do you afford all those and still pay for college?

SocrBalls84

Awards
Are you a salesman for BSN? If not, how do you afford all those and still pay for college?
Well...that's a good point. I'm starting to realize how expensive everything is (dropping a bunch of money at once is a horrible feeling, but you think it'll last a long time)... so I'm trying to get away from such expensive supplements. That's another area I need to improve upon... but I definitely need to do some more research on all of that before I post something (unless, you want a whiny "I'm broke and need money to buy supplements what should I buy" type of a write-up) :rofl: These boards have definitely introduced a lot of new companies/new products, etc... so it will take a bit so I can read through most of them before I post for opinions.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Welcome,I'm just west of cleveland, go bucks!

My advice is to stay as fit as possible, but enjoy this time in your life because you can't get it back. You can always get into shape, but college is only a short part of a short life. Live it up brutha, you don't want to regret missing out on what is sposed to be the best time of your life, and before you know it it's gone.

spoolin

Awards
Toledo here, I have trouble keeping the eating good from what i have learned jsut got to cook the food all at one time and be the wored guy in class alwayse eating.

SocrBalls84

Awards
Toledo here, I have trouble keeping the eating good from what i have learned jsut got to cook the food all at one time and be the wored guy in class alwayse eating.
Excellent. I am heading to the grocery store this evening to pick up a bunch of stuff ... and plan out the next few days (making my food tonight and refridgerating it). Where at in Toledo? I grew up in Toledo ... but then saw the light and moved down to Columbus ;)

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Excellent. I am heading to the grocery store this evening to pick up a bunch of stuff ... and plan out the next few days (making my food tonight and refridgerating it). Where at in Toledo? I grew up in Toledo ... but then saw the light and moved down to Columbus ;)
Daaaaaaaaaamn!:D

DeputyP

Awards
Cincinnati here....welcome! Im new too...alot of cool info on here!