help - writing a paper on ephedra

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.01%

help - writing a paper on ephedra

writing a paper on a topic that goes against the general assumption of united states. example given was kobe bryant scoring 81 points is outstanding but to some, means he is a ballhog.

i decided to go with the banning of ephedra. people think it is a deadly drug but really its due to the stupidity of people understimating OTC drugs, going against label guidelines, and briefly stated that it was used in china for 1000 of years and anything, if taken to much, can kill you.

i need like one more main idea on positive effects of ephedra that goes against popular belief - getting some writers block here and was hoping for some others ideas.

thanks fellas

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96%

Ephedra (in many people) functions as an appetite suppressant. It also increases the metabolic rate and enhances the oxidization of body fat. These three effects have made it a fairly effective diet supplement for many people. It is also a bronchodialator and derivatives are found in many OTC drugs for colds or asthma.

That is all I can think of at the moment, but I have to say that anyone whom I have ever known to suffer ill effects from it were taking it in conjunction with too many other supplements or were taking WAY too much of it.

Good Luck!
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Obesity related illnesses are expected to kill 300,000 people this year. The proper use of ephedra can help many not become one of those statistics. My thought process is let us arm ourselves, so we may do what is best for us as individuals.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.16%
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Try mentioning that ephedrine is the main ingredient in Primatene tablets , which is an accepted and treatment for asthma and congestion in the lungs.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I've got a great book called "Ephedra: Fact & Fiction" by Mike Fillon.

You might check that out.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%

I'd like to give some personal experience on ephedra. When I was around 8 or 9 I was diagnosed with asthma, which was caused because of living in a mildew ridden house. I was prescribed a pill (can't remember name) with ephedrine in it, and it really helped me breathe much better. At the time I was involved in many sports including: basketball, track, etc. Ephedrine played a positive role when I participated in these sports. When I was 12, It felt like I had full lung compacity again. I went to the doctor and he said I had no visible signs of asthma. Im not saying ephedrine cured me, but it definetly played a positive role in alleviating some of my symptoms.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.01%

thanks for the input guys, i incorporated just about all of it in there somehow, i like that comment by motiv8er about helping rid fat ... might do a little more on the psycological effects of being fat and how ephedra can help with it .. didnt think of that.

great help

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 09:12 PM
  2. writing a paper on steroids
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 03:13 PM
  3. Writing a paper on steroids, need help!
    By The Rob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 03:08 AM
  4. War On Ephedra Spans To Other Supplements
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 02:23 AM
  5. Gov't Action today on Ephedra
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 08:23 PM