Home Engineered Trap/Shrug Bar

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here you go Steve. Oh BTW...patent infringements will be handled with all the severity that the law has to provide. IOW...I'll just be very angry Focker.:icon_lol:

Attachments

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That is FAT!

I need to build one since my new gym doesn't have one. Because of my posture and/or back problems I can't do regular deads for anything but trap bar deads, with the aid of straps, I can go over 500 on. It's weird.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen that page. I have also seen bars on e-bay for about 120 bones before shipping. Total gross materials for the one I made...$33.42.

Now this of course does not include my extensive R&D, ellaborate engineering and the highest quality control throughout the process.

That's just the kind of product coming out of this facility. People come to expect nothing less from this shop. :icon_lol:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think you found it in an alley behind a plumber's shop and just put wieghts on it. That's whut I think :thumbsup:

I don't have a welder so I guess I'll either pester my gym to buy one or order one at some point.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was no welding involved. I severely torqued down the piping with a breaker bar. Then I hand drilled thru hole in all of the primary joints (rotational stress) and inserted screws and nuts. See the attached (hoping detail is visible).

I could give you a list of materials that you could easily get at Home Depot. Or you could drive down to Mesa and pick mine up for, lets say....a miiiiillliioon dollars.

BTW...I did find something in the alley behind the plumbers shop, but that is another story all together.

Attachments

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Mesa?! A Flagstaffian does not visit the lower elevations except to catch a concert. lol

Just kiddin! Seriously, it looks good and it should do the job. Have you tested it out with some serious weight yet? I'd be curious to see if all the joints can take the weight/torsion.

It's also nice because you don't have that diamond thing to step into. I always thought that was a bit excessive and makes unloading and carrying the bar a real bear.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
You are such a boob, B :p Nice job on the fabrication, you savy pseudo-engineer you. :thumbsup:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mesa?! A Flagstaffian does not visit the lower elevations except to catch a concert. lol

Just kiddin! Seriously, it looks good and it should do the job. Have you tested it out with some serious weight yet? I'd be curious to see if all the joints can take the weight/torsion.

It's also nice because you don't have that diamond thing to step into. I always thought that was a bit excessive and makes unloading and carrying the bar a real bear.
I made it with the intention of shrug use. It would likely not hold up to dead lift weight without a weld job. I do intend to have a guy at work weld the joints in the near future. I drilled it and pinned it so I could use it for traps today. I did not go excessively heavy. If I recall it was 160lbs (45/35 each side) plus the weight of itself. Welding is in plans regardless.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
When will you be adding this to your website?

Are you doing a presale??

When are you going to have a sale?

Did Bobo approve this post?

Are you a registered sponsor?

Does the price include those 2x4s??

How fast is your shipping?

Do you accept Pay Pal?

I have sent you 400 emails in the past 4 hours and NO response!

Why doesn't anyone answer your customer service number??

HA Actually it looks very cool. Nice job.

:dance:

CROWLER

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I can tell you don't have any pent up rage there, Crowler. :rofl:

B, do you have any idea how much this thing weighs?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And for 2 easy payments of 49.99 you too can have traps of steel !!! wait if you call in the next 10 min. I will slash one payment of 49.99, and if you use a credit card, you can get PM's on AM !!!:woohoo: No for real nice job, and It looks like it will build you some nice traps. word to the wise patent this and sell it...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I can tell you don't have any pent up rage there, Crowler. :rofl:

B, do you have any idea how much this thing weighs?
LOL Actually I have yet to receive a post or email with the questions I posted above. :icon_lol:

Probably because I am addidcted to the internet. If I am away from it for more than a couple hours I get nervous and start sweating. :twisted:

It is nice for my customers because they find that even when they email me Sunday at midnight I actually respond in an hour or so lol

Probably isn't healthy psychologically but oh well :)

CROWLER

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Kick Ass... Now you gotta find some Amish to build you a wooden chassy so you can race that thing down your development.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It is rather chariot-like. I bet B is riding that around by having some bikini clad women pull him through the Gold's Gym parking lot. After a nice workout, I can see that being a great way to blow off steam.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Boy, I would have loved to use that for the rear-end in my soap box derby when I was in the scouts..... That sucker would have moved.
:trout:

Anyway Nice job!