Dr s they don't know either

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I love my medical issues. I go to stat care today because i have this red, itchy, painful rash on my face, and living on benadryl isen't working for me....rash is far worse than your typical lupus rash....

The nurse goes, Ewww...( not a good sign right?) In walks the Dr, nice enough guy. I list what I am allergic to, what I have and what I was tested for on wed( thyroid cancer)...he shakes his head and tells me where going to up your prednosone to 70mg, and taper down....So hiding the issue, and I am going to give you a antiboitic just in case. So I walk out having paid a crap load of $$ and no answers.

All this was after I placed a call to ALL of my drs, all 4 ....the derm, the lupus dr, the thyroid dr, and my pcp dr...NO ONE called me back.

I don't expect an answer, but just freaking tell me, we don't know what it is, but hey were working on it.

<sigh> and man if 70mg of prednosone dosen't make me hungry!!!!!!( i live on 10mg normally due to the lupus, but 70mg....geesh i have been crunching ice for an hour now)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that TC.. hang in there... I hope that they figure it out

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Its the not knowing matchew, you know?

VitaminT

Awards
The chances are that your current rash is directly related to the lupus and not something else. Your doctors were probably C students (think bell curve--also why I don't go to them unless on my deathbed) but my understanding of lupus is that its triggers are not understood. That said, you might consider keeping a diary for the purpose of tracking your symtoms. It is possible that you might identify some relationships that you can use to stay healthier. Diet, sleep patterns, any anxiety or depression, supplements, medications, exercise routine, etc. It might be a lot of work and might not identify much if anything useful, but keep it in mind.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
The chances are that your current rash is directly related to the lupus and not something else. Your doctors were probably C students (think bell curve--also why I don't go to them unless on my deathbed) but my understanding of lupus is that its triggers are not understood. That said, you might consider keeping a diary for the purpose of tracking your symtoms. It is possible that you might identify some relationships that you can use to stay healthier. Diet, sleep patterns, any anxiety or depression, supplements, medications, exercise routine, etc. It might be a lot of work and might not identify much if anything useful, but keep it in mind.

Thanks for the info, and your right. I already log anything I eat, suppliments I might take, along with my meds that I have to take for the lupus/thyroid issues....I write down anything extra, like cough syrup if i am sick as I am allergic to everything under the sun as well.LOL The idea is great, but not helping me at this point, I also know lupus is a trigger, unless its not the lupus at all, and the thyroid, my dr told me once that yes it can cause a facial rash, but wasen't convinced that mine was due to that.

ahhh well another day!

mab904

mab904

Awards
Hi Toughchick. Reading this made me think of an allergic reaction to guggulsterones my boss had a while back. She got a red, itchy, painful rash on her face, neck and it started to go down the front of her chest. I read in another thread that you were taking Tight and it has guggul in it I think. Just wondering if there could be a connection.
So sorry you are having to deal with these health issues. One of my co-workers is suffering from Lupus (or at least that's what the doctors have decided he has since they really can't figure it out:( ). My heart goes out to you.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lupus+forum&btnG=Google+Search

Just a thought that maybe you could find the AM of Lupus somewhere out there in cyberspace.

I have a friend that was breaking out in hives all over his body. The docs couldn't figure it out....then he stopped taking all supps and OTC meds. It turns out that he was reacting to Alka-Seltzer....go figure:think: :think:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
TC You are always in my prayers, as you are truly a tough chick!!!

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck and don't give up. you are very strong person and we will pray for you.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Hi Toughchick. Reading this made me think of an allergic reaction to guggulsterones my boss had a while back. She got a red, itchy, painful rash on her face, neck and it started to go down the front of her chest. I read in another thread that you were taking Tight and it has guggul in it I think. Just wondering if there could be a connection.
So sorry you are having to deal with these health issues. One of my co-workers is suffering from Lupus (or at least that's what the doctors have decided he has since they really can't figure it out:( ). My heart goes out to you.

Great new pic mab, your are a beautiful woman :)

AS for the supps I was taking, as of 2 weeks , trying to detox my body, so the only thing I take now is 1000mg vit C, my synthroid, and my 10mg prednosone for the lupus.

I am at a loss for what else it might be, calling my drs on monday and just laying it on the table, figure it out or i am done.No more blood work, no more tests, no more.......

I have a team of drs, (4) and not one can figure out what the hell is wrong, and i have to play the human guina pig go for this test, drink this crap, let's boipsy this........Well as of this AM no freaking more.

It could all be simple, as a allergy to something.

It's time for nature to takes it course and what happens, happens......at this point i give up caring.....

Thanks for the kind words/ kind thoughts........:)

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lupus+forum&btnG=Google+Search

Just a thought that maybe you could find the AM of Lupus somewhere out there in cyberspace.

I have a friend that was breaking out in hives all over his body. The docs couldn't figure it out....then he stopped taking all supps and OTC meds. It turns out that he was reacting to Alka-Seltzer....go figure:think: :think:

thanks I have googled lupus till I want to puke...:) But thanks for thinking of me......

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine with Lupus said that she gets some relief from the swelling by taking Ester-C.

Good luck with everything. This medical mysteries can be a real drag I know. My wife has chronic anxiety, heart palpitations and ulcerative collitis. Nobody we've seen can really "cure" any of these things nor can they pinpoint a cause. We've paid out lots of money to be told what I already know. It's frustrating..we've just recently switched over to a Naturopath. We shall see.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have a meeting with my friend in a couple of weeks, I'll try to help you, girl. You know what I'm talking about;)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Toughchick,
Just so you know my resting heart rate was very low when I got home from the gym. Your AV has almost sent me to the ER.

THANKS!!!

PS And of course, good luck with everything. It sounds like you are being vigilant with your personal challenges, know you've got a very mean (loving) cheer squad!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As always TC your avatar makes my day, keep on keepin on!!!

Too Small

Awards
......at this point i give up caring.....
TC,

I understand your frustration, but the last thing to do is give up. Stay strong and know there are supportive people here to help you out. Hang in there. Life is funny in the most f*cked ways.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you chill out, almost all of your posts are insulting/attacking her. Why didn't you take it to a private message and discuss it with her? Some of us don't use ourselves as our avatars (I for example am not a torso-only demon with wings...), but instead use things/people that inspire us... Maybe you should take it as a compliment and just relax. What I'm curious about is how someone like you even found our board in the first place...

ManBeast

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Oh Brian....:wave:

BTW BBC... that pic isn't even on your page, so why link it?

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
the pic was in the view more pics page
Hmmm. You have to have a myspace account for that. MANY things can be found by simple logic.

-Things like why BBC was here in the first place: Obviously someone pointed it out to her. Someone that uses myspace, obviously again.

-Things like purpose: Why would someone point that out to BBC? Motive possibly? Previous issues with TC perhaps?

Makes you question some people doesnt it? :think:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Uh.. I don't think it's some kind of conspiracy. The girl openly said a friend of hers is a member here and recognized the pic. I think the purpose for telling her would be pretty self explainatory if the person was a friend. She just handled it the wrong way.