Matt's 15 rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Ice

Awards
AWESOME POST!!!

I just had to step in and say something about it b/c there were too many little dweebs who are most likely VERY WEAK AND NOT VERY BIG posting their minds with very little clue as to what they're talking about.... If you wanna be big and strong listen to him.

I already know A LOT from this board by just being able to see who is doing what. there are currently about 40 people in the steroid section and not even that amount in the training/diet section COMBINED... Guess what guys, it's diet + training, THEN steroids...

Bobo, Im really surpised you have ANY clients... Calling Matt out you need some scientific back up? LOLOL>.. PLS dude all the big boys do this LIFT BIG HEAVY WEIGHT much like Matt's guidelines and they eat their fucking ass off , not sit around and ready USELESS scientific studies... PEACE

GO LOOK AT RONNIE COLEMANS VIDEO ! Ronnie was a power lifter so was dexter jackson and so was branch warren and tons of ot her TOP bb-ers ... they were ALL PLers before bbers that HOWS that for a study?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
:lol:

Bro...he called Matt out for making baseless claims. Bobo isn't against lifting big and heavy, trust me, I've trained with him! He DOES NOT neglect heavy deads, squats, etc. But, he doesn't live by the baseless idea that they are NECESSARY. And, in my experience, I got stronger at squats doing squats (derrrrr, right?), but my legs grow better if I do focus on different exercises. Deads are great, but I don't think I need to do them that often to keep my back thickness up to par. And, nobody needs to eat like a fatass.

Lots of BBers go back and forth between BBing and PLing, that's nothing new, bud. Despite what many of you PLers try to say, BBers often do have plenty of "functional" muscle.

Got any pics Joe? You talk big, I'd love to see your pics. And, I dont' want to see yoru "stats". If youre a fatass with a 65" chest and an 8" stroke, of course you're going to have a big bench, I don't care. But, dont' come in and tell bodybuilders how to get big. Seen any PLers as big as ronnie or Jay? I didnt think so.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nice sounds like you really know your stuff :rolleyes:

Joe_Ice

Awards
Sure I got pics.. I'll post them if I really have to but pleasee...,based on some of those posts in there those BB-ers dont even have any idea of how PLers train...

Point me out a REALLY big dude who doesnt have big numbers who trains 1 body part a day using ISOLATION exercises.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Jay Cutler. (edit: nobody does "isolation" movements, bro, that's a stupid word.)

Post 'em.

And yeah, most BBers dont' know a damn thing about how PLers train. I have respect for PLing and PL training, I spent a good deal of time with some PLers, now likewise, you need to have that same respect. BBers know how to get big, PLers know how to get strong.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joe,

I suggest you take your attitude elsewhere...now.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I would also suggest you leave the attitude at the door of AM.. and NO where do any of us pust isolation exercises over compound..

Joe_Ice

Awards
BBers know how to get big, PLers know how to get strong.

thats what im sayin... STRENGTH = SIZE 99% of the time and ure not gonna get strong doing a bunch of iso girly exercises... I dont have any respect for any BBers who dissed matt's post and need scientific back up to know that was a good post

Joe_Ice

Awards
I would also suggest you leave the attitude at the door of AM.. and NO where do any of us pust isolation exercises over compound..

I read that thread... thats not what i got from it

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW Joe...we all don't "want to be like Mike". I get a very good laugh when people model themselves after or idolize these super freak 300lb professional steroids abusers. Self-actualization can be a powerful tool in the right hands. Some of us really don't care Joe.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
BBers know how to get big, PLers know how to get strong.

thats what im sayin... STRENGTH = SIZE 99% of the time and ure not gonna get strong doing a bunch of iso girly exercises... I dont have any respect for any BBers who dissed matt's post and need scientific back up to know that was a good post
Then why are the biggest PLers smaller than the biggest BBers? Case in point, Cutler, Ruhl, Coleman, all close to 300lbs contest ready, at bodyfat of 3% or less.

Most PLers have bodyfat well over the 20-25% mark, and even the biggest of them (Gary Frank) is well over 6' and is 350-370.

Joe_Ice

Awards
Ok, please dont speak about things you don't know.... there are MANY leans PL-ers out there, the fact that most of them are fat -- wel isnt a fact at all

second, those guys are THAT big b/c of GENETICs...thats a given

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ok, please dont speak about things you don't know.... there are MANY leans PL-ers out there, the fact that most of them are fat -- wel isnt a fact at all

second, those guys are THAT big b/c of GENETICs...thats a given
Only recently are there many lean PLers in the heavy divisions. Even now, they are still few and far between.

So, guys THAT BIG don't end up in PLing? Why not? The simple fact is, there is more than one type of hypertrophy, and muscle does not always equal strength! Bodybuilders focus on hypertrophy and strength comes with the size. For PLers, its often the opposite. BBers don't do ME days, they don't do much to condition their CNS, etc. Its not about being explosive to them. Its about getting big. Maximize myofibril and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, and thats it.

I'm not going to get into a debate with you about this, I KNOW that you can't keep up.

edit: And, now we'll see how TRULY strong the best of the best PLers are without their equipment at this latest RAW event. Bench pressing with a huge arch, fat belly, and with lifting equipment that wont allow you to touch your chest with anything under 6 or 7 hundred pounds isn't very impressive to me.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to engage in some more reductionist arguments and oversimplify things even more but I'm going to go workout using only "isolation" moves, not eat enough, and claim to be far bigger than I really am instead.:woohoo:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo, Im really surpised you have ANY clients... Calling Matt out you need some scientific back up? LOLOL>.. PLS dude all the big boys do this LIFT BIG HEAVY WEIGHT much like Matt's guidelines and they eat their fucking ass off , not sit around and ready USELESS scientific studies... PEACE
You put the "meat" in meathead.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I think you "almost" got it bobo, but, in reality, it would have been more fitting to say to him:

You put the U in douche bag

:lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He does know Matt asked me to write a routine for him right?

:D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He wanted an arm and calf routine because I guess those magical squats and heavy lifting weren't doing it for him.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Hahahahahahah...oh, that's too good! No surprise he never let any of us at AM.com know that. Wow...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, thread closed. I wasted enough time on this. TIme to go back and lift my 2lbs weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.