Anyone have one of these power cages?

G

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
The total weight and the price both sound a little low. They speak of "heavy gauge" construction, but they never actually tell you what gauge steel they use, as most serious companies do.

A home gym is the best idea in the world for some people, and a waste of time for others. IF you are one for whom it is a good idea, then consider that a barbell, a bench, and a power cage or rack are the 3 basics. They should outlive you, and should be as good as you can possibly afford. Definitely do a good search to see what's out there, don't jump at the first one you see.

I have recommended sorinex.com elsewhere on this forum. Their stuff is a bit much for most individual users, but their racks, benches, etc. at least give you an idea of what is possible, and you can judge how far down from there you want to lift on and pay for.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The total weight and the price both sound a little low. They speak of "heavy gauge" construction, but they never actually tell you what gauge steel they use, as most serious companies do.

A home gym is the best idea in the world for some people, and a waste of time for others. IF you are one for whom it is a good idea, then consider that a barbell, a bench, and a power cage or rack are the 3 basics. They should outlive you, and should be as good as you can possibly afford. Definitely do a good search to see what's out there, don't jump at the first one you see.

I have recommended sorinex.com elsewhere on this forum. Their stuff is a bit much for most individual users, but their racks, benches, etc. at least give you an idea of what is possible, and you can judge how far down from there you want to lift on and pay for.
Thanks for the info. I have been working out at home for YEARS. I just need a rack for my other place as I already have a bench etc.

CROWLER

I

Irish480

Awards
My brother has one kind-of like that. Works pretty well

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
My brother has one kind-of like that. Works pretty well
Thanks

I am ordering one right now. I will let you guys know if it breaks on me :icon_lol:

CROWLER

K

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
Thanks

I am ordering one right now. I will let you guys know if it breaks on me :icon_lol:

CROWLER
if you are able to let us know.....

have you ever racked 365 or 400 on a bench and the rack lean back against the wall because it was unstable?,

That rack listed itself as 135 lbs (ENOUGH SAID)!!!!
i can put 135 over my head one handed, hardly a RACK I WOULD DO ANY SERIOUS LIFTING IN.

Well the one i was going to buy has no "weight limit" listed
because you cant fit that much weight on any bar to break it.

i would hate to see how flimsy that rack would feel with 500+ pounds in hooks ready to squat, much less more than that.

i have pulled 800+ from the pins on racks like those and when you go and set it back down the rack almost buckled.

sorry bro , it is your decision, i am not clowning on you,
i am just looking out.
I truly believe that people sometimes buy these things putting way to much trust in them ,
but in the end, it is not me under the weight...