How Many are Divorced?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got married 1.5 years ago, now its over- recently we had a nice size ceremony since we went to the Justice of the peace the first time. We will be legally seperated, and was wondering how you guys or gals bounced back

1ad man

Banned
Awards
im divorced as well bud and it felt a bit bad for a couple of months. she cheated on me that slut. but then i found someone else. the funny thing is bro women are the ones that break your heart but they are also the ones that make you happy as well. The best thing to forget your ex is too fine another one. My first one was really hot and her body was kick ass not all hot girls are sluts but this one was. My new one now has a better face than the older one but body wise is alittle on the fat side but she keeps me happy and that is what matters plus you can always lose weight but a pretty face is hard to come by.

i like the time off a bit being single i was for about a yr or so and focused all my energy in bodybuilding it kept my mind somewhere else and i just waited and bang started chatting with this chick and we just connected and im happy man again.

One thing i learned never argue with a women and expect to win you will always lose. peace their are thousands of people divorced. plenty of fish in the water.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I divorced about 10 years ago. Life went to ****, started drinking heavily, sleeping around and quit working out. I then found a new bride and have been happily married for 8 years. I just recently started working out again (about 2 years ago) and feel great. My advise would be to not let yourself go to **** just because you were not compatible. There will be someone else and when you look back you will realize it is all just emotions and wonder why you were ever so upset. :)

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Divorced after 11 years. Now going through my second after two years of marriage and 8 years together. I started a couple of threads about my second ordeal. Do a search under my name and check for the threads. I received a ton of support from the dudes and chicks on this board. They really helped me to get through it all. That, plus some shrink sessions (or, as I like to say...sessions with my life coach) and some hot, fantastic SEX!:twisted:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am not going to stop working out, in fact this is going to make my contest prep alot easier, I am def doing the Illinois State Bodybuilding Championships & Regional Fitness and Figure On may27 in Chicago. This will show her and myself I can do this. Its part of my dream and I am going to do it my way...

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I was married for 6 years, and now I'm 1.5 years into my second marriage. My wife and I have been together for 7 years total, and I can honestly say my first divorce was the best thing to happen to me. It never seems like it at the time, but hang in there man.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I am not going to stop working out, in fact this is going to make my contest prep alot easier, I am def doing the Illinois State Bodybuilding Championships & Regional Fitness and Figure On may27 in Chicago. This will show her and myself I can do this. Its part of my dream and I am going to do it my way...
Gotta keep the training going. Otherwise your mind starts to drift and you become a mess. Keep your mind occupied. Do things that make you happy and go out and experience new things.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Never married, but been broken hearted plenty of times.... keep busy, focused and all will work out :)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
aahhh.....I got a couple under my belt as well.....welcome to the Brotherhood :cheers:

Now go read Cuffs thread and start your own :D

primal1

Awards
  • Established
i have never been divorced,but have had my heart ripped out of my chest and spit on. nows a good time to focus on yourself. the only advice i can give you is the next one you find, let her know that you arre still going to be you. i feel that is what kills marrige, people get involved with someone and change who they are. then when the honeymoon is over, they become who they really are again and nobody is happy. i'm happily married now for whats going to be 6 years 06-17 of this year. the best thing i did when we got serius was tell her that we still needed friends besides each other. ever since then, she has been my best friend. we both agree that its ok to be individuals that are married. all my friends who are married feel trapped with who they are with because they are told that they have to do everything with their wives. it worked great for me anyway. good luck with your contest. keep your chin up and your name out of the paper.

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a couple under my belt as well. It sucks no way around it. Such a disposable society we live in today. I agree with what seems to be the rising recommendation. Look out for yourself, keep going, show them you can do it. Touch base with who you are, perhaps rekindling your passions for other things Self reinforcement some call it. Stay active and do things that require mental focus. I found it to help seperate me from it all for short spells. Working or playing either one. What I had the most trouble with was expressive things. I am a amatuer musician and it about killed the creativity in me. Or so I thought, for it has returned as well. It is where we have been and what we have endured that makes us what we are. Rise above and live strong and free.

We are men, there fore we CAN!

or as a wise man once said...

"Git R Done"

:run:

tabish121

Board Supporter
Awards
Been divorced for four years now. Welcome to the club. Keep busy, try not to dwell on it, things get better with time.

lightweight

Awards
got married at 19 divorced by 24. Funny thing is we signed are seperation papers on a our anniversery. lol. Welcome to the club.:icon_lol:

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Mine should be final around the end of February or the middle of March.
Wife left about a year ago and she absolutely refused any kind of counseling, etc.
I did all I could (and more) to save it.
She finally filed and now this whole ordeal has about run it's course.
I don't really agree with divorce, but I'm glad it's about over.

I guess it's all for the best..I'm pretty sure after looking back she's bi-polar.

All in all though, I feel the best I've felt in a long time. No drama (which is what she fed on...and grew up with) and things are looking up.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
got married at 19 divorced by 24. Funny thing is we signed are seperation papers on a our anniversery. lol. Welcome to the club.:icon_lol:
That is exactly what happened to me except I was married 1 year longer. What an anniversary gift!

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Hey jarhead,

your avatar looks like one of the Village People.:icon_lol:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for your advice, yesterday i went over to get some of my stuff, and she was trying to get me back, and i just could not see myself going back. Its just too much stress, to please someone who is never happy !!! Its amazing that a person says she wants a husband who she knows loves her, but yet she says I dont show her enough and when I do i get rebuffed and told its not sincere. So then I ask in what way dont I show my love, and the way that I do you say it is not good enoogh. Then she says I never say its not good enough, and she always compares me to other men HOW FUCKIN ANNOYING is that!!! anyway the conversation went nowhere, and I left knowing I could not ever please her. And I def think she has some depression issues, and with my psychology background I thought I could stick around to help, but if you have been in that type of relationship, you have to know its nothing you can do for that person THEY HAVE to WANT to CHANGE, and I cannot be her therapist, and husband too. So eyes on the prize I shall stay...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Lack of communication is one of the biggest problems in a relationship. That goes for verbal and physical. Some people need more than the other, while others need to recognize it. If it's worth salvaging, then I would suggest counselling for the two of you. Not just a few sessions, but over a long period of time with follow-ups.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Def understand you, but we have been to counseling, first time around before our year breakup we went for months, then stopped, then premaritial counseling with a therapist,and a minister. I could write a novel about our communication issues, at first I would communicate, then we broke up she wanted communication, now we both try, and there is no understanding on her part, as me trying,and wanting to please and provide as a man, and when you say you want more and act bitchy or complain or rebuff my actions as sincere, you are still saying what i am doing is NOT sufficient.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Hey jarhead,

your avatar looks like one of the Village People.:icon_lol:
I'm guessing you're talking about the GI Joe one. I had to change it, due to excessive gayness.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing you're talking about the GI Joe one. I had to change it, due to excessive gayness:lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Never been married but had my heart broken twice. A good friend of mine set me straight after I got wasted 3 days straight, missed school for a week and called in sick. He said "this is not the end of the world, there are worse things that can happen. Stop feeling bad about it and make yourself happy"

BTW, anyone in here besides me scared shitless of getting married ? about 1 year ago, a co-worker of mine got married, was happy as hell. He had the girl of his dreams. He spend 80K on the wedding and honeymoon. They came back from the honey moon and she wanted to divorced him 1 WEEK LATER because she said she was missing out on life i.e. getting wasted with her friends and partying like sorority girls. Too bad for her because he was a good man, with a lot to offer her, he loved her to death and was devastated for a good 2 months, he was thinking she'd come back. BTW, from friends that I know and talk to, 6 have been married and 4 of those have been divorced. It just seems to me like marriage is something that isn't quite as respected as it used to be (damn, I sound more like my dad every day!)

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Married at 24, divorced at 26. Now, 8 years later, it was the best thing I ever did. I got married way too young...didn't know what was important at the time.

Gumbo

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Never been married but had my heart broken twice. A good friend of mine set me straight after I got wasted 3 days straight, missed school for a week and called in sick. He said "this is not the end of the world, there are worse things that can happen. Stop feeling bad about it and make yourself happy"

BTW, anyone in here besides me scared shitless of getting married ? about 1 year ago, a co-worker of mine got married, was happy as hell. He had the girl of his dreams. He spend 80K on the wedding and honeymoon. They came back from the honey moon and she wanted to divorced him 1 WEEK LATER because she said she was missing out on life i.e. getting wasted with her friends and partying like sorority girls. Too bad for her because he was a good man, with a lot to offer her, he loved her to death and was devastated for a good 2 months, he was thinking she'd come back. BTW, from friends that I know and talk to, 6 have been married and 4 of those have been divorced. It just seems to me like marriage is something that isn't quite as respected as it used to be (damn, I sound more like my dad every day!)

I agree, marriage is taken way to lightly....sad really

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I Want the marraige to work we ranted and raved last night on the phone, because I refuse to go over there-thats a a case waiting to happen, as there are several holes in the walls from arguements. Anyway she feels if I am miserable everyday, because of her, and her own issues of depression, and negative behavior, it does not matter, and I should always be there for her no matter what. But when I bring up the fact that she has told me she loved someone else, she has left me for 2 days , and a day, then came back and said i pay bills here, and I have no place to go. I am supposed to feel confident that she wants me? By all no means do I want to pull out before she does to have the one up. But I dont want to bring children and more assests if we cannot get the simple stuff down. Like I say its so many communication issues to write a novel about, and she is extremely jealous, and it causes some of the worse nights after a workout, plus thats my job, I am an coordiantor by day, and personal trainer by night !!! i just feel damned if I do damned if I dont. And I am tired...

Farmboy

Awards
My wife and I separated just before christmas. She couldnt handle me coming home from work and then working out. Says we never have any quality time which is true, but when she said " its either me or the bodybuilding" I told her I would not let go of a childhood dream. Well, that done it... Another thing that bothers me is that I shot my mouth off too soon and started a thread about sighning up with Bobo. It was gonna be a christmas present from her which makes no sense at all if she feels this way. Looking back I can see the sighns. I think she was more insecure than anything. Hell, if we went to the mall she was pissed by the time we got to the car. " did you get your eye full" or " is that what you want, she's probably a rip anyway" I think the more my body was changing the more she was noticing hers and the more my body was changing, the more I was noticing hers too.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
My wife and I separated just before christmas. She couldnt handle me coming home from work and then working out. Says we never have any quality time which is true, but when she said " its either me or the bodybuilding" I told her I would not let go of a childhood dream. Well, that done it... Another thing that bothers me is that I shot my mouth off too soon and started a thread about sighning up with Bobo. It was gonna be a christmas present from her which makes no sense at all if she feels this way. Looking back I can see the sighns. I think she was more insecure than anything. Hell, if we went to the mall she was pissed by the time we got to the car. " did you get your eye full" or " is that what you want, she's probably a rip anyway" I think the more my body was changing the more she was noticing hers and the more my body was changing, the more I was noticing hers too.
Thats too bad. I will take a girl who treats people with respect and kindness and has a great attitude about life over any girl regardless of how hot she is. It is too bad she did not try and see what about BB you liked. Maybe she would have understood more.

These are the reasons I dont mess with girls with self esteem issues.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
My lady went "Midlife" on me...it's a freaking trip being single. I have gotten my share of "action" since, but that is getting old.

Stay busy, concentrate on your training...

There IS a girl out there for me, there has got to be...

Malek256

Awards
Gotta keep the training going. Otherwise your mind starts to drift and you become a mess. Keep your mind occupied. Do things that make you happy and go out and experience new things.
There you go - some very good advice! Not too long ago I was the guy telling this to Cuffs, now see how happy and well he is doing (right Cuffs?) :)

Stay tight bro and keep your integrity. Believe in yourself! If there's ever anything you wanted to do, NOW is the time to do it. If before you wanted to travel but couldn't...now you can. Well, in your life to come you will find someone better suited and be happy - believe it! When you do, there's trade-offs...like freedom to do anything. So do what you want/need right now!

Ever wanted to write a novel? Go to it!! Ever wanted to backpack across Europe?? Go!

You may think "no one to share it with, too bummed out to do anything"...and if you do, you WASTE this chance! WASTE NO PART OF LIFE!! It is far too short and precious!!

Something to think about: imagine two guys are on a train. First one is lonely - he spends his time thinking no-one's "at home" waiting for him. Second guy is happy and watches the scenery going by. He's thinking about dinner, about calling up some guys he hasn't heard from, about giving his mom a call, doing something nice for his brother as a surprise...What's the difference between these two guys? They are both on a train, they are both actually alone at that moment in time...in other words, how you feel most of the time is 100% "in your head". :) So choose to feel like the "other guy" and be happy - cheers bro!!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks you all, i appreciate your kind words...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
There you go - some very good advice! Not too long ago I was the guy telling this to Cuffs, now see how happy and well he is doing (right Cuffs?) :)
You bet dude! You and others here provided me with sound advice. This community is a great place to let it out in text, and to receive advice from those who have "been there and done that."