10 Thoughts to Ponder

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
10 THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Number 10 - Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9 - Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8 - Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Number 7 - Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 6 - Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Number 5 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Number 4 - All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism .

Number 3 - Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?

Number 2 - In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2006: We know exactly where one cow with mad cow disease is located among the millions of cows in America but we haven't got a clue as to where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
LOL it's good ones.About illegal immigrant, they know where they are they can't do nothing about it right now, because they part of the economy.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
LOL it's good ones.About illegal immigrant, they know where they are they can't do nothing about it right now, because they part of the economy.
Sorry this is off topic but I gotta call bullshit. We spend a hell of a lot more on healthcare, welfare, police and prisons to house those bastard than is beneficial to the economy. Even most of the legal immigrants are of little to no benefit to society. Someone who was born and raised here is not going to get the Social Security benefits that are handed out like candy to immigrants. Remember the days when we only allowed people to come here who could be of benefit? Now we have a flood of criminal system abusers sucking us dry. If you think i'm an insensitive prick,... go sit in one of our welfare or social security offices and see how many people either don't speak english or it is broken english at best. Ok, i'm off my soapbox. :D

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Number 1 was the best... haha Nice post.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Sorry this is off topic but I gotta call bullshit. We spend a hell of a lot more on healthcare, welfare, police and prisons to house those bastard than is beneficial to the economy. Even most of the legal immigrants are of little to no benefit to society. Someone who was born and raised here is not going to get the Social Security benefits that are handed out like candy to immigrants. Remember the days when we only allowed people to come here who could be of benefit? Now we have a flood of criminal system abusers sucking us dry. If you think i'm an insensitive prick,... go sit in one of our welfare or social security offices and see how many people either don't speak english or it is broken english at best. Ok, i'm off my soapbox. :D
I'm not saying let it be this way, but who's doing all the dirty jobs here? Do you want to work for 6-7 $/hour at some farm or milk cows or sort tomatoes or flip burgers at McDonalds. My point is something has to be done, but you can't simply kick them out of country. There are about 40-50 million of them and someone will have to fill their spots or economy will go to shitter.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Number 5 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
That's my favorite.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying let it be this way, but who's doing all the dirty jobs here? Do you want to work for 6-7 $/hour at some farm or milk cows or sort tomatoes or flip burgers at McDonalds. My point is something has to be done, but you can't simply kick them out of country. There are about 40-50 million of them and someone will have to fill their spots or economy will go to shitter.
I agree with you somewhat. There are plenty of people who are capable of working that are collecting un-employment & welfare checks. Cut off the welfare and they will have to work. Minimum wage jobs shouldn't be permanant positions, more like first jobs for teens or part time jobs for others. What did we do before they all came in? Economy survived just fine without 'em.

I would agree that we can't just kick them all out at once but we should at least not let any more in. The border should be enforced the same way Mexico's southern border is, assault rifles and all. But that is just my humble opinion. Maybe there is a better way but I certainly don't hear any of our politicians from either side coming up with any good ideas. :)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
The problem is it's easier for them to cross the border illegally than go get visa. And I've heard some proposals about changing it. Sorry to go off topic of this thread here, but I know a lot about it, because i wasn't born in this country and I've worked with many hispanics, some of them were illegal, but they are hard workers and they do jobs many people wouldn't.
Unemployment is another story... I know a lot of people collect it and work for cash, that pisses me off.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you somewhat. There are plenty of people who are capable of working that are collecting un-employment & welfare checks. Cut off the welfare and they will have to work. Minimum wage jobs shouldn't be permanant positions, more like first jobs for teens or part time jobs for others. What did we do before they all came in? Economy survived just fine without 'em.
You are so wrong it's laughable. First, if you cut welfare all your going to do is create more criminals. You think some of these people want to work? Second, because the cost of living is so high where there are jobs some people have to use welfare. For example, I know a trainer at my gym. She's 43yo or so has three kids (twice devoriced) and supplements her salary with welfare. Why? Because I live in an area that people will not pay her more then $25hr to train them. While an hour away in DC a trainer can charge $120hr. But she doesn't have a car. And when she's not training she works the front desk...which is a lot. She gets maybe 4-5 people a week to come in. And she works crazy hours just to make ends meet. Does she deserve to get her welfare cut off?

And as far as the illegals go. Whoever said that they take the crap jobs is because they do. I worked at a diner while I was in college and I had a family that were bus boys and kitchen help (IE dishwashers). The father was 45yo and the mother was in her forties as well. And they both worked 14hr shifts six days a week for min wage. Why? Because they had nothing where they came from. Not even a pot to piss in. Sure, they could have become drug dealers but they wanted to make an honest living in a country that allows people to do that. And the economy survived with out them? LOL Sure 25 yrs ago but that was a totally different economy then the one today. And the standered of living is a helluv alot higher then it was in 1980. Example, my parents bought a house in 1982 for $150,000. A four bedroom split level with a nice backyard and a driveway. Now the same house goes for $550,000. I can show you townhouses 45min from DC that go for $350,000 on average. And there are so many jobs that are min wage that they couldn't fill them with teen workers even if they tried. Plus, many teens refuse to work at McDonalds or some ice cream stand because they don't pay enough or their parents have too much money. Around DC most HS age kids don't have part-time min wage jobs because they are going to do sports or Kulmon (sp?) school or some activity that will help them get into Georgetown University.

Secondly, is that production is down in our country and the service industry is now a major portion of our economy. So who else is going to do the crappy $5.15hr jobs. You and your friends? No. Why? Because it's beneth you and you won't be making jack.

And if I wasn't so tired right now I could explain it more to you. But just go away thinking on this: everytime you go to a restaurant or diner remember that the people cleaning your table and cooking your food were/are here illegally. Everytime you ask "Why is my neighborhood's common ground so well kept" It's because they have illegals doing the work. Everytime you go to a fast food joint look in the back: illegals. Roadwork to fix the pothole that you called bitching about: illegals.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
The problem is it's easier for them to cross the border illegally than go get visa. And I've heard some proposals about changing it. Sorry to go off topic of this thread here, but I know a lot about it, because i wasn't born in this country and I've worked with many hispanics, some of them were illegal, but they are hard workers and they do jobs many people wouldn't.
If they were not here then the "undesirable" jobs would recieve more pay and therefore would cease to be so "undesirable".
They only hurt us.... but we cant escape them unless is was a community effort.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
And as said earlier..... jobs like "flipping burgers" should be given to teens as a first job.
(even though i have never made less than $25 and hour :D )

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Plus, many teens refuse to work at McDonalds or some ice cream stand because they don't pay enough or their parents have too much money.
That is a very poor generalization....
Is every parent in this country rich?.....um no
There are plenty of kids that would actually like to work at mcdonalds but all of the jobs are taken by illegals (and they dont speak spanish so they wouldnt fit in :aargh: )

but you get your sleep and "explain how it all works" for us tomorrow :rolleyes:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
LCSULLA,
The minimum wage is at the level it is compared to the cost of living because of the illegals who are willing to work for scraps.The same mentality that has people paying illegals so they can turn a bigger profit drives production overseas for the same ilk of desperate people to make our cheap ass goods. In the second part of my earlier post in your quote I stated that I realize it is not as simple as just sending them all back. I know it is a difficult situation but it just pisses me off is all. You say I am so wrong it is laughable? You think everything is fine and we should just turn a blind eye to what illegals are doing to this country? Maybe you have a solution or are you just fine with shelling out your hard earned money to pay for someone else's misfortune or prison bed? I do realize the need for some to receive supplemental income to make it through some hard times but come on. Should we just pay them for the rest of their lives or help them build a better skill set so they can get a decent paying job. I didn't go to college or even high school yet I manage to support myself, my wife and my four children. My wife stays home and takes care of the kids and manages the home. She brings in no income. How is it that I can do it and your trainer friend can't? You don't see me asking for your tax dollars to increase my standard of living.

This is a difficult problem and I doubt there is a simple solution but sometimes I just gotta vent a bit and say things like "send em all back and cut the welfare!". Do I mean that in the wooden literal sense? No, but I sure would like to see this country get back on the path of greatness, somehow.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As a first job, a min wage job was perfect for me. Now my 16 year old brother is looking for his first job, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being a busboy, but he can't do that because too many illegals are doing that job.

And bpmartyr I commend you on your success, but not everyone can make a decent wage. Some people do need help, although that only questions their motivation.
Also, about minimum wage-in NYC $6.75 is the minimum wage. For a 60 hour work week thats not even $400
per week. More like $300 after taxes. I personally believe in something called a living wage. A person can NOT live on $300 per week income.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
As a first job, a min wage job was perfect for me. Now my 16 year old brother is looking for his first job, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being a busboy, but he can't do that because too many illegals are doing that job.

And bpmartyr I commend you on your success, but not everyone can make a decent wage. Some people do need help, although that only questions their motivation.
Also, about minimum wage-in NYC $6.75 is the minimum wage. For a 60 hour work week thats not even $400
per week. More like $300 after taxes. I personally believe in something called a living wage. A person can NOT live on $300 per week income.
I havent seen it but I heard that the guy that made "supersize me" made a movie about minimum wage. If I remember correctly, him and his wife or girlfriend both got minimum wage jobs and Barely made it by.....barely.

You can make thirty and hour mowing f ing lawns....i did it
Now I wash windows on homes and make between 30 to 50 and hour (we give inflated bids to people with big homes, porches, ect...)

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Look, I don't like that are borders are non-existent. Mexicans saying that pre Alamo territory is theirs. The Mexican army coming over the border to deliver drugs. We need more security on the border. I know that. But to think that this country can do without illegals is denying reality. The min wage is there because companies want to make a profit. If you paying 18yo's 12hr then you profit margin is going to change.
and I don't think there is anything wrong with being a busboy, but he can't do that because too many illegals are doing that job.
What do you mean there are too many illegals working at a job? He doesn't want to work with them? I think that if an American teenager came off the street and wanted to work as a bus boy then a place would take them. How is someone going to undercut your brother if they both are appling for a min wage job? It sounds like your brother is just making excuses why he can't work. "Too many illegals" Shiiit.
And teens will go to a higher paying job, just like anyone else. My GF's family has a company that employees HS interns and pays them $8 hr and college interns $9hr. Do you think that there going to go with the comapany that pays them $6.15hr? No. Illegals take the crap jobs because that all they can get. It doesn't take a knowledge of english to flip a burger or dig a ditch.
And 70% to 90% of the illegals are not criminals. They are whole families that come here to better themselves and their children.
When I was a kid we had a family friend that was from Nepal and was a very repespected doctor in his country. He went to one of the best med schools in Asia. He decided that, for the best of his family, he wanted to come to the US because the Marxist where making things unpleasent in Nepal. Anyway because he did not graduate from a school that the AMA knew he drove a cab until he could go back to medical school. And it took 6yrs to gather his records (before the internet). And then he went through the whole process again. MEd school, inernship, res, and specialization.
And he was here illegally for about a year. Did he deserve to be sent back?
This county was built with immigrants. Everyone on this board has ancestors that where immigrants. Unless your 100% native american. And I can guarantee that some them weren't here legally.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aside from the political dick-waving, this thread was funny..

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
If they were not here then the "undesirable" jobs would recieve more pay and therefore would cease to be so "undesirable".
LOL Ok, business HAS to make profit, if you pay someone $12 instead of $6 per hour, think about how much you'll pay for steak at restaurant next time.
My friend own a large commercial dairy farm, 99% farms have illegal mexicans working 10-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, if it wouldn't for them you'd pay triple for your milk and protein powder.
Cable626, I don't think your brother would like to scrape **** at one of those farms.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree Dmitry, and I know that they're needed in this country. Not a lot of people, even for their first jobs, would scrape **** or do some other dirty jobs.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
10 THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Number 10 - Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9 - Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8 - Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Number 7 - Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 6 - Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Number 4 - All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism .

Number 3 - Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?

Number 2 - In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2006: We know exactly where one cow with mad cow disease is located among the millions of cows in America but we haven't got a clue as to where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.
6 made me laugh like hell...:)