need some valentines/anniversary advice...

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Hey brosef's....

Here's the deal. My lady & I (recently reunited) are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Feb. 7th & I want to throw in Valentines day too & hit her with 1 big bang. Here's the problem. She goes to school in Chicago & I go to school in Gainesville, FL (go GATORS!). Anyways, yea long distance sucks but I was trying to see what I could get her or do for her that does not include me flying over there (I already am for 5 days in March for spring break). Any advice at all would be really really apprecciated (sp?). Anyways, ladies...if you have any input, let a guy know what you like.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
http://www.tiffany.com

Trust me. They have things for $100 (silver) to $$$absurd. But the key here is that every woman wants to brag that her jewelry came from Tiffany's. It's a big thing in our culture. You can't go wrong.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
www.ebay.com
search for tiffany sets.

:study: he's a college student!
Except most of what is on ebay are knockoffs ($10 "Tiffany" earrings).....and it won't come in the Tiffany box. His girl KNOWS what the Tiffany box looks like even if she's never been there. I worked 3 jobs through law school so I figure any college student can come up with $100 for his fiance if he wants to )and I bet she's thinking the same thing.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
LOL..good suggestions guys but been there done that. I got her those stupid hearts that dangle on the chains & stuff & some heart ring. She absolutely loved it.

Just looking for something that'll knock her off her feet. Something to say "I love you" in a very unique way & personal way without her even having to see me.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Cooooommeeee onnn!! I need help!!!...

If it was up to me I'd get her bobo's $300 membership. I'd love it if she got me that. Then again I'm a guy.

Help a cluelees brudda out!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
are you two from a common city? for instance, my girl just moved from ny to la (just like i did last year), and we have countless of things we love about ny. so for this valentines day, (or for part of it), im ordering pizza from John's on Bleecker and having it delivered to LA, since it will be my girl's first month away from NY. (Mr. Sakolsky, no telling.... hehe)

Its the little things that hits the girl's heart. not always the expensive ones. Get her or do something for her that reminds her of you and your relationship. Naw' mean?
Sage

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
are you two from a common city? for instance, my girl just moved from ny to la (just like i did last year), and we have countless of things we love about ny. so for this valentines day, (or for part of it), im ordering pizza from John's on Bleecker and having it delivered to LA, since it will be my girl's first month away from NY. (Mr. Sakolsky, no telling.... hehe)

Its the little things that hits the girl's heart. not always the expensive ones. Get her or do something for her that reminds her of you and your relationship. Naw' mean?
Sage
We're both from Miami, FL. I have no idea what to possibly get her that's unique to here & that she can't get in Chicago besides sand from the beach.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
We're both from Miami, FL. I have no idea what to possibly get her that's unique to here & that she can't get in Chicago besides sand from the beach.
There ya go.....send her some sand, some seashells, a bottle of suntan lotion, some picture postcards and something that reminds her of places you used to go to together (matchbooks from a restaurant, house product, etc.).

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
There ya go.....send her some sand, some seashells, a bottle of suntan lotion, some picture postcards and something that reminds her of places you used to go to together (matchbooks from a restaurant, house product, etc.).
that's a great idea! personal, and meaningful! i once did a scrapbook for my boyfriend ( going back 6 yrs ago) pictures of places we went, menus , movie stubs, things only we said to one another. and when we broke up I got the book back..lol

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
or a really nice pocketbook,like a coach, burberry,prata? To bad your not in RI, I know a place to get em cheap :) real but cheap

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
if your woman is a girly girl then she might like things that i LOVE....

i like purses...like dooney and burkes, coaches...you can get a nice one for around 200 bucks. oh and BEBE i(clothes) awesome. jewlery is always nice....specifically heart jewelry in this case, either a necklace or a ring (i know u got her some already...but a girl can never have too much). i got a simple heart necklace from tiffany's one year and love it and that was about 150....pretty decent considering what a rip off tiffany's is....

make your own card....i only have one hand made card and i love it.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
im ordering pizza from John's on Bleecker and having it delivered to LA, since it will be my girl's first month away from NY. (Mr. Sakolsky, no telling.... hehe)
O/T
John's makes or atleast used to make calzones to die for.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Damn, all good suggestions. I think I've figured it out.

I'm going to get her a photo album & fill it with pics of us from the last two years. I also have a box with our stuff so I can throw something together from there. Mentions of movie stubs..hmm I have almost every movie stub from every movie we've seen together so I can get pretty creative with that. I like the sand & lotion idea too. I think a bunch of this stuff would be really good to show her I'm still thinking of her even though we aren't together.

As far as purses & jewlery, great suggestions, but she's a fiend! She's got some huge yellow Juicy (I think?) purse that could fit a dead body & for xmas she got that Olsen twins purse. Tiffany's has gotten all the money they are going to from me. Next piece of jewlery I buy her is looking like a diamond if things hold up (God willing). So I'll wait out on the jewlery.

I think this should work, UPS it to her, then when I go up to Chi-town in March I'll take her to a nice restuarant to eat & then hit a club & spend the night at a nice hotel.

Maybe some flowers will also be in order...