The Chiropractor is going to send me to the poor house...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
My Wife has lots of neck problems. Her vertibrae is out of wack. She sees all different chiropractors. She technically needs this done every day but she doesn't go all the time. Is there any type of surgery that can be done for something like this? Or does somebody who needs this stuff done (or thinks they need it done) every day just bound to live in a cardboard box?

Thanks in advance...

Brennon

Awards
My Wife has lots of neck problems. Her vertibrae is out of wack. She sees all different chiropractors. She technically needs this done every day but she doesn't go all the time. Is there any type of surgery that can be done for something like this? Or does somebody who needs this stuff done (or thinks they need it done) every day just bound to live in a cardboard box?

Thanks in advance...
I'd go see a doctor rather than a chrio. Chrios are quacks, imho, with their 'sublaxation' mumbo jumbo theory.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Chiroppractors can be a scary thing. I have a firend that will give you honest advice if you want, Email me foe an email ADDY, he is awesome, and the onlt chiro I will ever see

bodysculpt

Awards
Im skeptical bout Chiro too, theory is they keep adjusting until oneday the vertebrae stay were theyre supposed too, I'll be studying PT/Physiotherapy this year and I get the impression Chiro's arent in high regard.. they dont do anything about the actual muscles that need to be stretched/strengthened.. in saying that ive come across some pretty slack physio's too. maybe try and find a good Sports Med type physio, one that can also put her in contact with a surgeon maybe..? has she had an xray yet? Physios also covered by a goverment accident compensation scheme here so its free as opposed to Chiro...

Chiros a total rip in my opinion... $40 for 240 secs... Phark that!!!

I'll hopefully be receiving some P-GH soon, hoping that will help with rotator cuff and some spinal pain.. who knows.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think there are good chiros and terrible chiros. The bad ones just do the same adjustment every time and rush you out. Good ones will check you over every time, look for muscle weaknesses all over and adjust accordingly. The latter is rare and hard to find but very much worth it IMO.

The secret to getting chiropracty to really work well( for me at least) is to couple it with either yoga or deep tissue massage/Rolfing/ ART. This gets the muscles evened out and makes the adjustments stay in place a lot longer...I suppose thats pretty similar to a PT but I've never gone to one so it's just a guess.

I also get unlimited chiro visits through my wife's insurance so it's not financially painful :)

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I've been to three Chiro's and all three told me diffrent things about the same problem. Two even suggested that I go to them for 2-3 years to fix the problem!! Screw that. I mean they don't do anything other then "pop" your joints. Just like if you "pop"ed your knuckles. How it that going to heal anything?

Go to a good Ortho Doc.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
After a sports injurie my sturnum/upper rib stuck out about an inch. Went to Drs. and were told nothing they could do. It was not too noticable so for the next 7 years did nothing. Went to a chiro for an unrelated sports injury and with 3 adjustments the protrusion was no more and has never come back.

CROWLER

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I think there are good chiros and terrible chiros. The bad ones just do the same adjustment every time and rush you out. Good ones will check you over every time, look for muscle weaknesses all over and adjust accordingly. The latter is rare and hard to find but very much worth it IMO.
This is true. Like in every profession, some just suck you dry.
Mine gave me exercises I needed to do and explained what needed to be strengthened. He also kept spacing out my adjustments further and further apart (weekly, bi wkly, monthly, etc.) After a while he said I didn't have to come back unless I just felt I needed to. Plus he sent me a gift cert for a free visit on my birthday every year.
Oh...and I don't have the problems with my 2 back injuries....ever.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Find a better Chiropractor bro!
Considering your wifes situation it will be in both of your best interests to find a solution to her problem that does not include a lifetime of narcotics use and/or surgery.

Many times the surgery does not go well, and things get worse for the patient. This is a nightmare for alot of people who felt surgery would take away their problems only to come out of the operating room with even more.

Also look into seeing a PT in conjunction with this. Hopefully they can help her.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chiropractors are invaluable to competitive weight lifters. You need to shop around to find one that works, just like you would with your GP. Like Bioman said the combination of adjustments and deep tissue massage is critical as well as proper static stretching.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Can't build a house on a crooked frame or a shakey foundation.