Help with computer file attachments?

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
How do you open zip., rar., avi., and other files? I just downloaded a M$ Windows XP SP2 rar file with serial number but don't know how to open it. Also I can't truly tell if file is real or not. I scanned file with antivirus software and it is fine but it is only 868k and I thought that windows XP SP2 was larger. How large is the Windows?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
How do you open zip., rar., avi., and other files? I just downloaded a M$ Windows XP SP2 rar file with serial number but don't know how to open it. Also I can't truly tell if file is real or not. I scanned file with antivirus software and it is fine but it is only 868k and I thought that windows XP SP2 was larger. How large is the Windows?
You might have to unzip it using winzip or something similar.

tattoopierced1

WinRAR or WinACE. I wouldnt open it though...886k is WAYY too small to be Windows...your opening up a virus if you ask me. BTW, I dont know that I would be discussing illegal software downloads openly...JMO.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
WinRAR or WinACE. I wouldnt open it though...886k is WAYY too small to be Windows...your opening up a virus if you ask me. BTW, I dont know that I would be discussing illegal software downloads openly...JMO.
winrar will open pretty much any compressed file you can think of.

this is SP2 you want to download? i dont know why its in a rar file. you should just go to windows update and it will install a d/l for you and do it automatically.

but if youre trying to d/l a free copy of windows xp i think youre in for some trouble.