theory behind "suspicious" workous in Flex/M&F

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Ever notice how wierd the workous are in Flex and M&F?

Well, I think they put these wimpy workous in there to build a better pump, which will aid in the placebo effect of things like Pump Tech which everyone knows dont work.

What do you think?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
C'mon we know bodybuilding meatheads are too stupid to ever come up with a plan as devious and intelligent as that ;)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilding meatheads, no...but sleazy advertising execs. in lab coats holding beakers with water and food coloring...maybe

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
The volume of these workouts is insane. I love how the same bodybuilder can have three or four different splits and workouts in two magazines in the same month.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've always been suspicious of how they will train quads one day, hams the following...or back one day, bis the next, etc. Are the drugs that good???

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Browse through the "text" of any of these mags (if you can actually unearth it, amidst the volumes of ad pages) and think about what's stated (workout routines, diet plans, etc.). Then flip through the entire mag from cover to cover, checking out the ads and their fantastic claims. You'll probably conclude that each of these is about the same when it comes to truthful, sensibe, factual or insightful information.

I used to love reading these mags. The only time I buy them now is when I have a long plane ride...

ktw

Awards
  • Established
the worst is how every other month is the Arnold's Lost Workout magazine

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
They recycle the same old articles year after year. Pathetic.

Gumbo

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
only one I ever read is fitness RX, and thats only occasionally.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i actually don't think muscular development is that bad at all

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i actually don't think muscular development is that bad at all
I would have to agree. MD tries to tell it like it is imo. I would read it more if they weren't so damn expensive.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
ya MD has interesting studies and stuff, but their workouts are still obselete and stupid

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about these workouts being all that crazy. Anyone see Jay cutlers new dvd he does 20 sets per bodypart it is insane. I know he probably doesn't do this every workout but he still does it.

You must remember these guys are taking more sh!t than you could possibly imagine. I have heard for example these guys are using more than 20ius of growth a day and insulin with every meal (I cannot confirm this, but wouldn't put it past them). That right there would make you more anabolic than all of the people in this thread combined.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I used to read Flex and M&F religously and I believed what the pro's did. But I didn't realize how ibsane they were until I saw how Reg Park realy trained. He said the most effective routine was a full body one he used to do and he used it regularly during his traing days. But Weider claimed in an article that he used to go the Abe Goldbergs Gym in NY and watch Reg and Marvin Eder train and used to write out their routines for them. He said he had them doing 30 sets for back, with a lot of supersetting to really burn the muscle. He then claimed you would see them gaining size while they trained. And that they would pack on the pounds in a few weeks of doing this type of routine.

rocketscientist

Awards
...But Weider claimed in an article that he used to go the Abe Goldbergs Gym in NY and watch Reg and Marvin Eder train and used to write out their routines for them. He said he had them doing 30 sets for back, with a lot of supersetting to really burn the muscle. He then claimed you would see them gaining size while they trained. And that they would pack on the pounds in a few weeks of doing this type of routine.
That's why he's called the Master Blaster - Trainer of Champions. :rofl: