I'm in for new years eve...:-(

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.35%

I'm in for new years eve...:-(

No, not because I burned down the school and/or got a 40 over the limit speeding ticket...

Last year, my moms friends son was killed by a drunk driver. My mom gets paranoid easily, so im in for tomorow night (well, i wont be getting home from vacation till like 5 anyway so its not too big of a loss)

Also, 5 years or so ago, my dumbass uncle drove drunk (not new years but cocked out of his mind) and made love to a tree going 30 mph or so. He didnt die but he got messed up pretty good. It was probably for the best because there was A) construction up the road where he most likly would have killed on of the workers or B) gone down the inbankment about 100 yards down from where he wound up.

Anwyay, to the point of my post...

My moms friend, in a bout of complete sadness and depression, said alcohol should be completly illigal and they should start prohibition again. Now I can under stand where shes coming from, but I have two words to say to that...

2000 plus. 2000 plus soldiers have died defending our freedom after 9-11. I'll be damned if some scumbag whos going to drink and drive is going to remove freedoms from the rest of us. I believe that drunk driving should be punishible by 20 years in prision minimum. No I dont think this is too much because you knew you were drunk why the HELL did u drive? Anyone who thinks otherwise, imagine if it was your mom dad son daughter uncle aunt being killed by a drunk driver.

Happy new year.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    Happy new year.

U TO
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.08%

I wish I could stay home, or maybe just get together with a few friends, have a few drinks... but my wife wants to go out. Got a sitter for the kids, and she wants to go to a couple of different busy bars. You know, the places you have to park 3 blocks away and walk to. She'll probably get trashed, and I'll be a 'good husband' and let her have some fun, while I stay sober (3-4 drinks throughout the night) so I can make sure we make it home in one piece and see our kids tomorrow. God I sound old, don't I? LOL.

Happy New Year everyone, be safe, take a cab, and try not to fight!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.74%

intv
    Why is spending a night with you wife a punishment?
    You got **** faced with "the guys" when you where younger....move on.
    There are fun things about each stage of life that you can only enjoy once.

Wishing you where chilling with your bros wont get you anywhere......just have fun with the wife. I know I would rather chill with a girl who is "mine" then some drunk guys.
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Hey Steve thanks again for the constructive comments...
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Steve
    intv

Wishing you where chilling with your bros wont get you anywhere......just have fun with the wife. I know I would rather chill with a girl who is "mine" then some drunk guys.
    I agree. I'm only 21 and if I had it my way I would spend tonight with my best bud and his woman and my wife. We all get along very well. Instead, I'm going to be at home with the wife which is totally great too. No complaints here. But...I would hate to go out...the damn crowds, the drunk drivers, the dumb people....all of them put together. Be careful out there guys!

Happy New Year.
  7. More Cowbell
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.07%

y'all be carefull out there tonight. I'm here on shift until 0600 tomorrow morning..
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.45%

Rage, WhiskeySteve, I respectfully suggest that intv's post was lost on you guys.

Enjoy being young, bros - it will pass.

I'm in tonight, too: probably be cappin' up supps & snappin' a new set of pix (and maybe watching TV - how would I ever hold still long enough to cap without it?)...and spiking my eggnog w/ Knob Creek.

If I'm stayin' in, I'm stayin' MY-style.
    Ought to be a very silly night!
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.08%

Thumbs up

LOL, I can see how my post looks bad now that I go back and read it, ouch! I meant I'd like for her AND I to hang out with a few of our friends rather than go out to the crowded "meat-market" type dance clubs where tons of drunk guys will be hitting on her (she's not a flirt, just hot) and trying to bow up to me. Unfortunately, she wants to throw down, and I'd feel like a jerk if I didn't take her out for a good time. And damn, you hit the nail on the head about me having my time partying with the guys - I spent 7 years as a bachelor before we met. And she's 7 years younger so obviously, she hasn't had as much "fun" as I have. I'm cool with hanging here, I'm getting too old and wanting "low risk" fun I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Steve
    intv

10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.74%

good man

The party never has to be over.......the scene just changes.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%

spending the night with my baby!!! 4.5 yr old nephew who was very sick this week with a high temp ( 104) .....
    RIP Ryan, :(
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.74%

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    spending the night with my baby!!! 4.5 yr old nephew who was very sick this week with a high temp ( 104) .....
    Thats dangerously high isn't it. Doesn't 105 have the potential of causing brain damage?.......get that kid in a cold bath. I had the flu last new years,,, fun stuff.

Im just chillin with my family this year cuz im moving out for college next week, so im trying to spend as much time with them as possible.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.06%

Heading over to some friends house for a lobster/steak bash. Unfortunatley no booze for me this year, but that means no hangover and a good workout on Monday for me. Happy New Year all!
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.35%

Well someone gave me a - rep on this thread. Probably someone who has been caught drunk driving
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.19%

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    No, not because I burned down the school and/or got a 40 over the limit speeding ticket...

Last year, my moms friends son was killed by a drunk driver. My mom gets paranoid easily, so im in for tomorow night (well, i wont be getting home from vacation till like 5 anyway so its not too big of a loss)

Also, 5 years or so ago, my dumbass uncle drove drunk (not new years but cocked out of his mind) and made love to a tree going 30 mph or so. He didnt die but he got messed up pretty good. It was probably for the best because there was A) construction up the road where he most likly would have killed on of the workers or B) gone down the inbankment about 100 yards down from where he wound up.

Anwyay, to the point of my post...

My moms friend, in a bout of complete sadness and depression, said alcohol should be completly illigal and they should start prohibition again. Now I can under stand where shes coming from, but I have two words to say to that...

2000 plus. 2000 plus soldiers have died defending our freedom after 9-11. I'll be damned if some scumbag whos going to drink and drive is going to remove freedoms from the rest of us. I believe that drunk driving should be punishible by 20 years in prision minimum. No I dont think this is too much because you knew you were drunk why the HELL did u drive? Anyone who thinks otherwise, imagine if it was your mom dad son daughter uncle aunt being killed by a drunk driver.

Happy new year.
    I've posted this a few times before. Substances affect people differently, alcohol included. I can blow a 1.0 and be completely able to drive. I know friends who can blow a 1.0 and be silly drunk.

I agree that there should be a very harsh penelty for drivers over a certain point, but current .8 and 1.0 points are too low for such a harsh penelty. The jail system is already overcrowded, and if you start jailing every DUI for YEARS, then you drain the economy and stress the jail system beyond the breakpoint.
  16. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.31%

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    Take good care of him Auntie
    Hope the temp has come down....
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.35%

Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    I've posted this a few times before. Substances affect people differently, alcohol included. I can blow a 1.0 and be completely able to drive. I know friends who can blow a 1.0 and be silly drunk.

I agree that there should be a very harsh penelty for drivers over a certain point, but current .8 and 1.0 points are too low for such a harsh penelty. The jail system is already overcrowded, and if you start jailing every DUI for YEARS, then you drain the economy and stress the jail system beyond the breakpoint.

I think everyone on tis board knows the solution to this....
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    Take good care of him Auntie
    Hope the temp has come down....
    I did...thank god, now he is his good old fresh self.....
    RIP Ryan, :(
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.45%

Good for you, toughie - that's a New Year's eve well-spent!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 06:23 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 03:51 PM
  3. delsolrob's blow'n up for new years! (m-drol log)
    By delsolrob in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 603
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:47 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 11:18 PM
  5. Hit New Levels of Narcissism in the New Year!
    By bpmartyr in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 01:13 AM