Laser Comb:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody used a laser comb? If so what results and with what model did you use? Thanks!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
INFO

Hairmax ™ Laser Comb

Clinically proven to help improve the appearance of hair and reduce the appearance of thin hair. Jump To A Section:
• What is the Laser Comb?
• Method of Action
• Who is this Treatment For?
• Side Effects of Laser for hair

More Information:
Check out these exclusive HairlossTalk articles related to the Laser Comb
»

One of our users speaks on his experiences with it.
»

Article: Laser Comb featured on Dateline NBC.

For many years, leading hair clinics and salons in Europe, Australia, Asia and around the world have been using 'cold-beam laser technology also known as 'Low-Level Laser Therapy’ to individuals suffering from thin hair.

What is the LaserComb?

A low-level laser device, which is designed for the general public to use at home. Developed in Sydney Australia and highlighted by TIME Magazine as one of the ‘Inventions of the Year’, the HairMax LaserComb is a high quality laser using precision components. It is manufactured in the USA with patents pending in 104 countries.

Many hair transplant surgeons are using it to complement their transplant.
January 10, 2005
Read what our Users have to say about the Laser Comb.

Video Feature
Watch a Newscast on the Laser Comb:

January 5, 2005
LC Certified for Safety Standards. Read the article here:

Devices like this are used all over Europe and in many elite salons across the United States. Users are typically charged for each use, and must visit multiple times per month to attain any benefit to their hair. The cost is high and the inconvenience large. The effectiveness has been established for quite some time however, and the benefit of this one time purchase and convenient in-home-use in a small, portable package is what makes this such a good investment.

Many of our users have reported and verified that this device has cosmetically improved the appearance and thickness of their hair. Many of our users report good results when used for at least 6 to 12 months (the standard duration of any effective treatment). What matters most to us is that the makers of this device have been actively seeking clinical data to back the product. As crazy as the concept of a laser comb helping hair loss may sound, they've shown results.

Laser Therapy (LLLT) has been used clinically for numerous ailments in Europe for over thirty years and has been the subject of over 2,500 scientific papers, published worldwide. There are no reported side effects to the therapy which is painless, non-toxic and complements many traditional therapies.

We encourage you to read the user feedback, the safety and trial data, and decide whether it would be a good part of your regimen.

What is Laser Therapy?

Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) has been used clinically for numerous ailments in Europe for over thirty years and has been the subject of over 2,500 scientific papers, published worldwide. There are no reported side effects to the therapy which is painless, non-toxic and complements many traditional therapies.

Until recently, LLLT has been relatively underutilized in North America. Today, however, there is increasing awareness and acceptance of LLLT among healthcare practitioners. The FDA has just cleared two other devices for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and chronic pain relief.

What do you get?

This treatment is for both men and women. When you buy the product you get a Leather carrying case, two brushes, the product itself, and a ful length video (currently in DVD format) on how to use it properly as well as some testimonials.

The images below can be clicked to view large size, and give a better idea of what is included in the package.
Click Images to View Larger

What you get:

Top View

Top View

Proper Use

Proper Use

Proper Use

Usage

The LaserComb is used 2-3 times per week for 5-10 minutes per session.

Typical User Experience

Individuals vary, but within the first 5 to 10 weeks, you should notice early general improvements or activation of your hair occurring. These improvements should include shinier and thicker appearing hair. Then, over the next few months, you may notice your hair gradually looking fuller, stronger and denser. Over time, all users - men and women - usually notice progressively increasing benefits as they use it. Conversely, once the usage stops, our experience is that hair and scalp conditions gradually regress back to where they were.

Like brushing your teeth to maintain healthy teeth & gums, regular HairMax usage is recommended. As little as once a week for 10 minutes is sufficient to achieve results over time.

Lasercomb side effects

There are no reported side effects.

Physician Support

Dr. Martin Unger is an acknowledged world authority on hair restoration and scalp surgery with 30 years' experience in the hair restoration field. He is Past President of the American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, a past member of the Board of Governors of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

Dr. Unger was one of the early pioneers in the 1960s in the use of low-level laser therapy for biostimulation, which he utilized in the field of orthopedic surgery. "My results led me to believe that low level laser light could heal bones that weren't healing," he said, "Many doctors have believed for years about its ability to heal. Now we are giving low level laser therapy serious attention in the U.S. for hair restoration." though Propecia is the most successful, proven treatment on the market - it still takes upwards of a year to begin working. Hair loss does not happen quickly, and reversing it takes time as well.

Click Here to get more info on buying a
LaserComb Online

Privacy Policy | Advertising Policy | Legal Disclaimer | Contact Us | Links

Copyright © 1999-2002 HairlossTalk.com

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Safety/ FDA Positions:

Lasercomb Certified for Safety Standards
Article by HairlossTalk.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2004

The HairMax LaserComb, the first hand-held Laser PhotoTherapy device for thicker, fuller, healthier hair, has received CE certification for conformity with the essential health and safety requirements set out in European Directives.

The HairMax LaserComb, the first hand-held Laser PhotoTherapy device for thicker, fuller, healthier hair, has received CE certification for conformity with the essential health and safety requirements set out in European Directives.
According to CEO David Michaels of Lexington International, manufacturer of the LaserComb, “CE certification is much like a passport for product sales to the 18 nations that make up the European Economic Area (EEA). With HairMax’s advanced treatment for thinning hair, it is important to show that the LaserComb meets the safety and health requirements established by the European Member States.”

The HairMax LaserComb is a unique laser light therapy device that is currently undergoing FDA review for clearance as a medical device for hair loss. The LaserComb has been certified in Canada as a Class 2 Medical Device cleared to stop hair loss and regrow scalp hair in men and women.

The CE marking refers to the safety of a product and CE certification is another major clearance by the LaserComb as being safe for use by consumers. The LaserComb also meets FDA requirements for laser safety. The CE marking indicates conformity with mandatory European safety requirements. European conformity is certified by following clear and understandable ‘conformity assessment procedures’. Lexington International is represented for regulatory affairs in Europe by Emergo Europe, headquartered in The Hague in the Netherlands.

“We often hear the question, ‘Is the LaserComb safe?’ said David Michaels. “We hope this goes a long way toward definitely answering that question.” The LaserComb was developed from nearly two decades of clinical research and is manufactured and patented in the USA with patents pending in over one hundred countries around the world.

- For more information on the Lasercomb, view our Lasercomb Information Page
- Looking to buy the Lasercomb online? Lasercomb Ordering Page

HLT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© HairlossTalk.com - All Rights Reserved.
Read the Terms under which this service is provided to you.
For Permission to duplicate any content, Email [email protected]
Make sure you're Subscribed to the Newsletter!

Comment on this Article

Lasercomb Certified for Safety Standards | 1 Comment

Comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.

Re: Lasercomb Certified for Safety Standards (Score: 0)
Dec 21, 2005 - 08:38 PM
blowjobs toilets **

Read the rest of this comment...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember a user on here that made their own, and had good results with it... but I cant remember who for the life of me. I remember that they made their own, and it was about twice as powerful as store bought ones. Ill see if I can find it.

Adams

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
DAdams91982 I remember a user on here that made their own, and had good results with it... but I cant remember who for the life of me. I remember that they made their own, and it was about twice as powerful as store bought ones. Ill see if I can find it.

Adams

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shock133 has it... he talked about it in the Hair Loss Prevention thread. He bought it discount from a place that homemakes them. But after reading he had a whole host of things he was using... so Iwould just throw him a PM and see what he has to say about it.

Adams

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
hunter

Thank you so much for your post... I have a little hope man. Please report your findings. For those prices I may just have to find out myself.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else have any experiences?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I remember a user on here that made their own, and had good results with it... but I cant remember who for the life of me. I remember that they made their own, and it was about twice as powerful as store bought ones. Ill see if I can find it.

Adams
Hey that's me!!:D Check it out here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/21961-hair-loss-prevention-18.html?highlight=hair+loss+prevention

Ive been using it for about 2 months in conjunction with 1mg finasteride 1x/day, Minoxidil/AA 2x/day, and Regrowth Treatment Shampoo 3 days/week.

Ive used the Minoxidil, Azelaic Acid, and Nizoral for about 2 years, and my hair loss stopped and started to improve slowly. I started using Finasteride and the laser brush two months ago, and have seen the best results so far since I declared war on MPB.:)

I should also mention that about a month before I started using the laser comb I started a bottle of Dr.Lee's 15% Xandrox - that could also have played a part in the accelrated regrowth.

Most users report positive results with LLLT. You may be afraid to make a $100+ investment (DONT buy the $700 Hairmax model - the amazinglaserbrush.com unit will give the same results or better). You can build a 6-laser brush yourself for ~$50 or less.

I will continue to use it, as I believe it's at least helping with the positive results Im currently seeing. Its getting harder and harder to tell there are any thinning spots on my head at all, so Im pretty happy with it.

BV

hockeyguy77

Awards
i am very young and starting to notice thining hair is this comb for me?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I would say yes. LLLT therapy requires the least amount of time/discipline to implement, and doesn't involve compounds that you must use forever if you want to keep the hair you regrow.

I'd start with the laser brush. If you arent seeing the results you'lre after keep using it, and add Nizoral shampoo 2x per say , if youre still looking for better results , add minoxidil + Azelaic acid. If time goes on and you still notice your hairline receeding, keep using your current therapies and add oral finasteride.

The key to managing your AGA is to start as early as you can, as its more likely that you'll keep what you have then it is you'll regrow what you've lost.

BV

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys,

I have a bit of a receeding hairline in the front and my hair has always been thin all over even when I was younger, it just seems like the hair type I have.

So my questions are, 1) Does this brush actually help to regrow hair in the front (above temples) or only at the crown? 2) Does this increase hair thickness even if you just naturally have thin hair?

Mr.50

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think it is supposed to be amazinglasercomb.com . The other site keeps sending me to a search page.

Mr.50

Hey that's me!!:D Check it out here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/21961-hair-loss-prevention-18.html?highlight=hair+loss+prevention

Ive been using it for about 2 months in conjunction with 1mg finasteride 1x/day, Minoxidil/AA 2x/day, and Regrowth Treatment Shampoo 3 days/week.

Ive used the Minoxidil, Azelaic Acid, and Nizoral for about 2 years, and my hair loss stopped and started to improve slowly. I started using Finasteride and the laser brush two months ago, and have seen the best results so far since I declared war on MPB.:)

I should also mention that about a month before I started using the laser comb I started a bottle of Dr.Lee's 15% Xandrox - that could also have played a part in the accelrated regrowth.

Most users report positive results with LLLT. You may be afraid to make a $100+ investment (DONT buy the $700 Hairmax model - the amazinglaserbrush.com unit will give the same results or better). You can build a 6-laser brush yourself for ~$50 or less.

I will continue to use it, as I believe it's at least helping with the positive results Im currently seeing. Its getting harder and harder to tell there are any thinning spots on my head at all, so Im pretty happy with it.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yep, sorry about that. AmazingLaserComb.com.

Here's some good info about LLLT therarpy. This article summarizes what Ive read from most sources around the web:

Low Laser Light Therapy for Hair Loss
Background on Laser and Theory of Proposed Benefits

For the Laser to become a medical device for benefiting the person with hair loss from genetic causes, the devices that are being promoted must prove that they are safe for use and that they are effective to meet the claims of those who promote it. It is critical for the consumer to know that what he is buying (either a service or a device) does what he has bargained for and does not expose him/her to any undo risks. There have been a great deal of claims for benefit of these laser hair devices along with proposed mechanisms of action. The purpose of this document is to review the information that is available (substantiated and unsubstantiated) so that you, the reader, can judge whether or not Laser treatment for hair loss is appropriate for your situation.

The Low Laser Therapy (LLT) for hair loss is claimed to work by supplying energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light. The technology is further claimed that in the right application, the body is able to absorb this external energy on a cellular level and transform light energy into chemical energy, which the body then uses to accelerate the normal healing rate of tissue for a wide range of ailments. .

For the body to be able to absorb and transform the energy, certain parameters need to be defined such as treatment time, wavelength of the light energy, dosage, etc.. with the various techniques.

For a Laser, the wavelength of light is extremely important, since the wavelength ultimately decides the penetration depth in the target tissue. Red light from a 670 nm continues-wave is claimed to be less well absorbed in blood, which is also red, so the penetration rate is much greater than from other hair lasers closer to the red spectrum (632,8 nm, 635 nm 650 nm etc.) Since wavelengths from 670 to 690 nm support the redox processes (oxidization processes) it is believed that the 670nm wavelengths show better efficacy in therapeutics than lower wave length lasers such as the He-Ne-lasers (632,8 rim) etc. Low-energy visible light (LEVL) has been shown, in some studies, to stimulate certain cell functions. This is called "photobiostimulation" and has been used over the last three decades for treating a range of conditions, including soft tissue injuries, severe wounds, chronic pain, and more. Although the mechanism of photobiostimulative processes is still being debated, in order to interact with the living cell, light has to be absorbed by intracellular chromophores. In a search for the chromophores responsible for photobiostimulation, endogenous porphyrins, mitochondrial and membranal cytochromes, and flavoproteins were found to be favorable candidates. The above-mentioned chromophores are photosensitizers that generate reactive oxygen species (ROS) following irradiation. As the cellular redox state has a key role in maintaining the viability of the cell, changes in reactive oxygenation may play a significant role in cell activation. There is suggestive evidence demonstrating various ROS and antioxidants are produced following LEVL illumination. There are suggestions that the change in the cellular redox state plays an important role in maintaining cellular activities and leads to photobiostimulative processes

In the field of photochemistry, the light must be absorbed before photochemistry can occur. This is a very simple but powerful concept for this field and as such, is basic to the 'laws' of the science. Of the lasers in the visible region 670nm laser is considered to provide superior absorption (penetration). In 1993 a study on rat schwann cells demonstrated the variations between 670, 780 and 830 nanometer absorption. The highest absorptions were exhibited at 670 nm and the lowest at 830 nm. However there is clinical evidence that in contrast to other wavelengths, the 830 nm laser light produces specific beneficial biological reactions that are not produced by other wavelengths. Because the scalp skin is thin, the deep penetration of the 830 nm wave length may be too deep to get the full benefits to the rather superficial hair follicles and is therefore not needed for hair therapeutics. Today, the wavelengths most commonly used for therapeutic purposes are 632,8 run, 635 nm, 650 nm, 660 nm, 670 nm, 780 nm, 820 nm, 830 nm, 904 nm (GaAs lasers). Except for GaAs, all these lasers usually produce a continuous beam but some may also be pulsed. The infrared lasers, invisible to the eye, are more suitable for muscle therapy (deep penetration) and are not used in hair loss therapy because the penetration depth is not needed. With these lasers, eye protection is needed and these devices are considered Class IIIb devices by the FDA. (Visible light ranges from: 400 nm (violet) - 700 nm (red) Infrared light: Above the 700nm Infrared light, the light is invisible.

For hair applications, the first and most significant condition in choosing laser wavelength is depth penetration, which should be sufficient to target hair bulbs typically resting at a 5-6 mm depth.

Visible red light, at a wavelength of 660 nanometers (run -1 nanometer is equal to one billionth of a meter), penetrates tissue to a depth of about 8-10 mm so the entire hair organ will be covered to a depth just beyond the hair bulb. Visible red light also can theoritically be effective in the entire scalp and might include; wounds, cuts, scars, folliculitis, etc... Higher Infrared light in the non-visible area will penetrate to a depth of about 30-40 mm and therefore might make it effective in the treatment of joints, deep muscle, etc… (areas of application which are used today).

Lasers can operate in two modes: (1) either continuous-wave (cw) or (2) pulsed operation modes. The biological responses of the same cells to pulsed and continuous-wave (CW) light of the same wavelength, average intensity, and dose can vary.

Supporters for pulsed LLLT produce the following arguments for why pulsed might be better:

It is believed that pulsed LLLT can stimulate tissue repair and regeneration
It is believed that pulses stimulate cell, activity. Theory suggests that rapid pulsing of LLT starts to simulate a continuous beam.
It is believed that pulsed LLLT can regulate biological rhythms or cycles
It is believed that pulsed light produces deeper penetration compared to continuous wave. More science is needed to define and prove such claims.
It is believed that pulsed LLLT has an anti-imflamatory effect.
It is believed that when both pulsed light is used in combination with the visible infrared red light spectrum, it might have value for various hair treatments which are becoming the focus of marketing and research activities today.
There are two ways to create the pulsations:

By turning the lasers on / off mechanically
By transfer the light in specific patterns through internally moving parts to the administration device. The laser diodes can be fixed within a hood and by moving band shaped fields of light repeatedly over the area a pulsating stimulation of the hair follicles of the skin can be simulated. One of the commercial systems available today, Laser Hair Care, uses this proprietary approach and this company believes that this increases the stimulatory effect of LLLT on the scalp and hair.
The goal of LLLT is to increase the circulation of blood to the follicle area and to stimulate the hair organ (nerves, muscles and growth centers of the hair follicle). The effects of such LLLT to stimulated, enhance or speed up the normal life and production cycle of the exposed hair follicles is presently being studied and will fast become the science by which this technology will judged.
When dosing LLLT (often referred to as "fluence"), the energy is measured in J (joules), the area in cm2, and, consequently, the dose in J/cm2. To induce an optimal effect, the exposure dose has a lower and upper limit. The optimum theoretical dose probably lies somewhere in the middle. It is believed that repeated doses, given at intervals, induce stronger effects than the same total dose given in one treatment and as such, the treatment effect is cumulative. This would mean that repeated doses with a suitable, relatively short interval might give an added response. Fluences between 0.24 - 1.0 J/cm2 on one hand and 3 - 4 J/cm2 on the other hand, may be more favorable for different conditions.

I have obtained access to the Laser Hair Care device which produces 108 Joule in 15 minutes spread over a density between 0.12 - 1.09 J/cm2/15 minutes (10.8 J/cm2/15 minutes). In a scalp blood microcirculation study done with the Laser Hair Care device in 1996, Pontinen demonstrated that the Laser Hair Care (60 mW) fluencies increased blood flow while He-Ne laser 0.01 J/cm2 had no effect. The same study demonstrated that light emitting diodes (LED) with fluences between 0.68 - 1.36 J/cm2 (112.5 mW) produced Vasoconstriction* (reduced blood flow). Some believe that an increase in blood supply will parallel an increase in the demand for blood supply and as hair is amongst the highest metabolic organs in the body, the presumption that the demand for blood and oxygen from the hair organ is driving the higher blood supply reported in this and other similar studies. Speculation for interested third parties need science to back this assumption up with better studies that show the relationship between the size and mass of the sum of the hair organs when compared with pre-treatment metrics.

The power, watt or milliwatt, of a laser determines how much energy is initially delivered to the tissue surface and along with the wavelength, the power at any given depth of penetration. Energy density (Joules / entimeter2) is equal to the power of the laser in watts multiplied by the treatment time in seconds, divided by the surface area irradiated in square centimeters. Laser light has the unique properties of monochromaticity, (a single wavelength), coherence (travels in a straight line), and defined location (concentrated beam). Amongst the questions needed to be better understood is the effects of LLLT on the cells, namely: Do cells exposed to LLLT convert the energy into chemical energy and can they use that energy for repair, regeneration, or growth stimulation?
http://www.newhair.com/treatment/other-laser-therapy.asp

BV

hockeyguy77

Awards
yeah i was thinking of geting some oral finasteride. i got a prescription from my doc. How expensive is this stuff (if i get it propecia from my pharmacy) and can i find it just as good for cheaper on the net?

also i always notice tiny white balls (sebum) i belive all over my head kind of looks like dandruff but difernt. is that contributing to my thining hair? is there any thing out there for curing that?

thanks

p.s is it ok to take finasteride with a cycle of sd of halodrol??

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys any info on whether r not this is supposed to work if you are haveing a receeding hairline in the front rather then the apex? I know minoxidil will not help with this.

Mr.50

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Minoxidil will help with frontal hairloss if used in combination with a DHT inhibitor, especially Finasteride.

LLLT therapy is supposed to help where ever its applied.

BV

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks BV.

Mr.50

Minoxidil will help with frontal hairloss if used in combination with a DHT inhibitor, especially Finasteride.

LLLT therapy is supposed to help where ever its applied.

BV

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody have anything negative to say about the laser comb?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im sure the people that pay $700 for the HairMax version do:D

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Just purchased the kit!! What exactly do I need BV? Sodering gun, good glue, anything else you recomend?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What comes with the kit motiv8r? All you should need is a solder gun, some rosin-core solder and a hot glue gun...

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I've used the comb for 4 days now, nothing to report yet. Building the comb was a little more challenging than I thought. I will report to this thread in the next few weeks with my thoughts.

BV- how has your comb been going? Anybody else?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BV- how has your comb been going? Anybody else?
Seems to be working great @ 1-2 times per week.

Are you using anything else in conjunction with the comb? Have patience - effects from hair restoration treatments usually take months to show.

BV

whunterx

whunterx

Awards
I use my laser comb 2 times a day, about 5 mins. each time. I'm growing some hair; but i'm using the shotgun aproach using minox, spiro, niz shampoo, and dutasteride, so I can't really tell if the comb is helping much or not. It does take a long time to regrow new hair where there was'nt any though. I've been at it about a year now. I have regrown hair, just not very thick, guess I'll keep at it as long as I can afford the supplies.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Bump for more feedback....where did you get the kits at?

Tis a shame...I used to have the thickest hair a white guy could have and would pay the barber extra to thin it out for me. Now I need him to put it back on. :(

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I use my laser comb 2 times a day, about 5 mins. each time. I'm growing some hair; but i'm using the shotgun aproach using minox, spiro, niz shampoo, and dutasteride, so I can't really tell if the comb is helping much or not. It does take a long time to regrow new hair where there was'nt any though. I've been at it about a year now. I have regrown hair, just not very thick, guess I'll keep at it as long as I can afford the supplies.
Bro I would cut back to 10 min 2x per week, that's the usage recommended by HairMax, I beleive. You can 'over stimulate' your follicle cells using it that much.

BV

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna get one of these from amazinglasercomb.com is it worth getting the 8 or should I just go with the 6? my hairloss is mild barely noticable just got out of the self doubting stage and have noticed a slight receed at the front.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
How about you guys give me the details and I"ll put a lazer brush faq together?

I am interested in building one as well ( maybe not right now but soon )

Info?

Much Love,

Neoborn.

Keep us posted Motiv8r