Advice on a few good nutrition books

tattoopierced1

Got a gift card at Barnes and Nobles the other day and was looking into getting a good book on nutrition. Figured I'd ask everyone here what your opinions are on the good and the bad.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You get what you pay for :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mmmmm......i can just eat it up :)

Atlas

Awards
You could also try any of the books by Chris Aceto, I hear they are very good. I don't know how true this is but supposedly in a magazine they said that Mark Dugdale was thinking about getting a guru and more specifically Chris Aceto, but Jay Cutler told him why, your freaking one of the best conditioned athletes already! Turns out Mark had learned his dieting techniques from one of Aceto's books!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This book is in a whole different class than any trainer will write. If you read and study the book I listed then you could read Chris Aceto's book and tell him whats wrong with it. :)

Atlas

Awards
This book is in a whole different class than any trainer will write. If you read and study the book I listed then you could read Chris Aceto's book and tell him whats wrong with it. :)
You're probably right. The book seems a little over my head though.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Any reccomendations for beginners?

Something to build a simple and solid foundation in nutrition.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Any reccomendations for beginners?

Something to build a simple and solid foundation in nutrition.
For beginners who don't want detail try Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto

ryano

Awards
  • Established
"For beginners who don't want detail try Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto"

That looks pretty interesting..

I am concerned with the details but I am looking for something to get my feet wet with.

Like the book Bobo mentioned...only the 101 version.

But really I think I am going back to school. I am looking into getting an ACE cert or NACSM PT and look into enrolling in some classes at KU...maybe nursing or nutrition.

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If anyone wants that book by Tom Venuto, I got the pdf... I've read some chapters and I like it alot so far !

tattoopierced1

definatly take a copy if you got it....lemme know how i can get it from you.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
as usual, Bobo is spot on: that is THE book.

("Right again, as usual, King Friday!")

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would just save another 100$ and have Bobo tell me in laymans terms instead of trying to comprehend that. If your going to spend 120 on a book, why not invest 130 more and get the Deluxe Muscle package and then you can actually see it at work. :)

jblaze22

Board Supporter
Awards
I would just save another 100$ and have Bobo tell me in laymans terms instead of trying to comprehend that. If your going to spend 120 on a book, why not invest 130 more and get the Deluxe Muscle package and then you can actually see it at work. :)
probably because you can't put most of the stuff in that book into layman's terms and who's saying that you couldn't read the book, gather the knowledge and then see it in action. Much more satisfying to me.

Although the few weeks i was doing bobo's diet (as much as i hated the food) it worked awesome in conjunction with the training program

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I ordered "Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism" and cant wait to get reading. However I am a novice in the field of Advanced nutrients and such and was wondering if there was a book I should read prior to this to get the fundamentals first that would make this book easier to comprehend (as a wise man once told me fundamentals first details second)

Or will the foundation be formed while reading this as well?