gyno surgery, post op log

1. Registered User

gyno surgery, post op log

in my avatar are before pics, first @ 18years of age, 112lbs (cross country runner), you can see there is hardly any bodyfat (about 7%) but that gland is pushing through. the next is 23 years of age, 175lbs. gland is fairly hidden in the pic, 2 PH (during '04) cycles improved the appearance during cycle, during/after pct, the glands had shooting pain and tenderness, but no additional growth ever happened (pct was always 6-oxo and tamox citrate).
    I have looked flat as hell post op, i'm 3 weeks out, tried lifting 3 x so far, did a super light full body workout at the2 week point (bad idea), and 2 moderate workouts over the prev weekend (back and legs). upper body movements (chest, shoulders) are very limited on range of movement, pecs feel like they are rubber bands that could snap at too far a movement. scarring underneath op sites became very apparent at 2 weeks, it is more painful than the surgery itself was. Hoping this stuff goes away - the scarring is like knots under the skin, basically everywhere the gyno was. found out the total amount of fat lipo'd was 300cc's, then glands were excised. interesting side note, the surgery fixed all appearance of nipple puffiness. So far very happy with the procedure, just hoping the internal scarring goes down soon.

2. Board Supporter

definitely keep this updated if you can. I might be looking into this around a year from now
  3. Registered User

as might I...i heard the scarring goes away after a couple weeks tho...its a common side from lipo.
    •   

4. Registered User

How much was it if I may ask. I am trying to get a rough idea of what it would cost to get it done.
  5. Registered User

I can't say what his cost, but I can say from my experience, that I paid about 4300 for gyno surgery from a top tier cosmetic surgeon in connecticut, that 4300 covered everything mind you, the actual surgeon charged about 2400, and by the looks of what he had, I needed more, prices are very liquid with some surgeons, it all depends what ya need done. I needed some fat sucked out and very minor glandular issues, he didnt go through areola, he went through below my armpit in tiny little holes the size of the head of a pencil.
  6. Registered User

My total amount removed was 300cc of lard (could be pictured as about enough liquid to fill a baseball sized balloon), and then the glands were excised. my cost was 4750 out of pocket. a little extra for percocet copay, and bought some size small underarmor shirts which the surgeon suggested to me as a more effective & comfortable alternative to compression vests. For whats its worth, the percocet was totally unnecessary. the pain was not the worst in the world, not to say it didn't hurt any, but percocet did nothing in terms of pain relief.
  7. Registered User

yeah I was gonna say, the pain for me was totally bearable w/o any meds, unless you have some nerves I dont
  8. Registered User

How did you get gyno if you did your PCT? Ill be doing a cycle of SD soon and about 10/20mg on nolva on cycle, and 20mg of nolva and Fenotest PCT, I dont want any gyno
  9. Running with the Big Boys

ITHURTZ, just wondering how much research have you done? Also what is your age..
  10. Registered User

Research on what, SD itself, or about gyno? Iv done my fair share of research on SD. I am 21 years old.
  11. Running with the Big Boys

The reason I asked about research, you are asking questions that have been asked on here more than a few times..
  12. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ
    How did you get gyno if you did your PCT? Ill be doing a cycle of SD soon and about 10/20mg on nolva on cycle, and 20mg of nolva and Fenotest PCT, I dont want any gyno

20mg of Nolva PCT?!?
  13. Registered User

PH's never made my glands increase permanently in size, though they would swell up some during and after pct (which as prev. stated was 6-oxo & nolva). 1-ad, 1-test, 4-ad, and 1,4-ad never had the irritating factors that the methyl's seemed to. Strange, that I've seen a lot of negative things in terms of gyno stated on this board, in regards to delayed reactions after SD use. I did not have that happen with sd, but e...max lmg gave me the worst nip/gland pains during and after pct, seriously freaky pains and swelling (skin around areola discolored from swelling of gland behind it).

Day after tomorrow will be 4 weeks. I did a few pullups tonight at home, that seems to be the last thing I could NOT do in the gym, can now sleep again with arms under my head, which is something I totally took for granted. Chest muscles still feel a little tight and uncomfortable to stretch though. the glandular area (my surgeon explained that he leaves a small layer of the gland to fill in the sunken space and preserve a natural appearance) still hurts some, i'm supposing from the excision. I've really noticed also that the very hard internal scar tissue that became extremely prominent at the 2 week point is starting to recede a good deal.
  14. Registered User

No I wasnt aware that you could get gyno while taking a PCT unless its crap.

20mg????
  15. Board Supporter

40mg for PCT
  16. Registered User

ok Ill take 40 a day for pct. Thanks for the heads up
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Meerschaum
    I can't say what his cost, but I can say from my experience, that I paid about 4300 for gyno surgery from a top tier cosmetic surgeon in connecticut, that 4300 covered everything mind you, the actual surgeon charged about 2400, and by the looks of what he had, I needed more, prices are very liquid with some surgeons, it all depends what ya need done. I needed some fat sucked out and very minor glandular issues, he didnt go through areola, he went through below my armpit in tiny little holes the size of the head of a pencil.
    Care on sharing who you used in CT
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DaWarw
    I'd do a little more research on PCT. It's not only going to be just 40 mg per day for a week.

uh who said I would do pct for 1 week?
  19. Registered User

Its been nearly 5 weeks now, I'm not being very exact with dates here. Still have numbness in places, mainly the nips, skin directly bordering them, and the front half of my right armpit, which is considerably better than numbness all the way across my chest. For those considering the surgery in the future - workout concerns, I did my first real chest workout last week at a little over 4 weeks post op. weak. prior to surgery I was getting decent reps (4-5) with 95lb dumbbells. on this chest workout i was able to do same amount of reps with 70lbs, I suspect it will all come back quickly though. Actually really nice taking a break, that was my first month long break from lifting in about 4 years. have done a back and leg workout the prev. week as well, all lifts decreased a bit, about 25% in poundage anyways, but it has been a while since I've had a good case of doms. hooray for deadlifts, rows, and sldl's. happy new years.
  20. Registered User

Its been about 7.5 weeks since the surgery (haven't updated this in a long time). Everything is going well. the incision points for the cannula's scarred more obviously than i thought they would, they are still a red/brown color, but at least they are just about half a cm long. the nips are fully healed up, and look WAY smaller than before. In terms of satisfaction with the work, if anyone was interested I can tell the docs name who did it... the symmetry is not perfect, but he told me beforehand that perfect symmetry would not probably happen. A little more fat tissue could have been removed from the right side to match up the job on the left, but all in all i'm happy. still some really weird little shooting pain sensations like i was having before with 100% of the gland intact, but they are very infrequent and pain, if I could rate it, is maybe half or less of what it was. full range of motion has been back for about 3 weeks or so. Its strange, I can still feel the hard part of the gland that is left (maybe 20% i would estimate of what was originally there, but you can't really see it). When I flex my chest, its weird how the skin draws when the muscle moves, i'm trying to get used to this (the skin where the nip is, it lays flat, or something - hard to describe - all the muscle pulls up above it and the nip is kind of left floating down below the muscle, I have no idea if that is normal).

One really cool thing about the surgery also... my nipples were always pretty large & puffy. No longer the case, they stay hard all the time, even if i'm hot. it is SO NICE to be able to wear t shirts and not see the cone shape of the nip protruding.
  21. Gold Member

Cool man... not really understanding what you are explaining when you flex.

But thanks for sharing.
  22. Registered User

I'll try to do a simple explanation of the floating nipple idea...
    once again, i dont have a whole lot of experience with other dudes tits, so just observations on mine...

before, I could flex my chest, and the entire pec (nip, bottom ridge of chest, etc) all would lift up and out as the muscle flexed. I'm guessing that since the glandular tissue was almost completely removed, the connection between nipple and whatever is behind it was severed. I dont really know, all I can say is that now, when I flex chest, instead of the whole pec rising up (nipple and all) the nipple stays put and you can see the muscle actually kind of like rise above where the nipple is, and the nipple lays flat, like it is sort of floating and not so much attached to underneath structures. Once again, this could be totally normal and just be an observed result of drastically less adipose tissue in the area.

loss of feeling actually seems to be coming back some, and this is at ohh, about 8 weeks out. Feeling finally is returning to my right armpit (it felt very odd applying deodorant) and the other areas of the chest that were numb. the nips are still totally desensitized on the surface, the glands hurt though, especially if any pressure is applied. Doctor told me at last checkup i still may get some feeling back in the nipples, but I dont really care one way or another. Haha, as a funny sidenote, he told me I would never be able to breastfeed either This doc is and has been approximately 5 thousand times nicer than the Bermandt fellow in VA was to me.
  23. Gold Member

Interesting... I never really paid attention to my nipples moving.
  24. Registered User

By chance, do you have before and after photos you could post up?
  25. Board Supporter

good log stuff. I'm getting mine done on the 23rd and was pretty nervous about the surgery but I guess it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Good luck with the rest of your recovery.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carpal Tunnel Surgery..Post-Op Training
    By Nihsnek in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 09:37 PM
  2. Gyno Surgery Log
    By SuckIt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
  3. blood results post gyno surgery, big problems
    By nick603 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine