Body-for-Life, Bill Phillips

cgcrz8

Awards
Just wondering what everybody thinks about the Bill Phillips and his training and diet techniques. I've personally done one of his 12 week programs with decent results. I lost a decent amount of fat but my muscle never really grew and I think my chest got smaller. Anyways, just curious.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
BFL is good for people just starting out, and who want to lose fat. That is the first program I ever did, and it definitely worked. Not sure it would do much now, though.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i think it's a great starting point for people to educate themselves about nutrition/training. it's definetly not for bodybuilders, but the weekend warrior type would benefit from it.

overall, it's pretty solid info

Vtaper

Awards
Bill Pillips is a prick, and is not popular among bodybuilders, this forum has training and diet advice that far exeeds anything in BFL, if you think I sound harsh, go watch the BFL movie. Since seeing it, I will never purchase an eas product, despite him not owning the company anymore.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BFL is a decent beginner's book the info I've seen here & at Avant Labs shits all over Phillips' BFL.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I used it back when I started lifting in HS (at 17 years old). As a beginner, I found it to be a very good read and the program really got me started out on the right foot. I have no reason to bash it.