msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
To the Dixie Chicks:

Letter from radio station website in Lubbock, TX

An open letter to the Dixie Chicks:

Earlier this week, while performing in London, you stated that you were ashamed

that our President is from your home state. I wonder if you realized how many

Americans would be listening. This American was listening. This Texan is ashamed

that you come from my

state.

I serve my country as an officer in the United States Navy. Specifically, I fly F-14

Tomcats off carriers around the world, executing the missions that preserve the very

freedom you claim to exercise.

I have proudly fought for my country in the skies over Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan

without regret. Though I may disagree wholeheartedly with your comments, I will

defend to the death your right to say them, in America.

But for you to travel to a foreign land and publicly criticize our Commander in Chief is

cowardice behavior. Would you have so willingly made those comments while

performing for a patriotic, flag-waving crowd of Texans in Lubbock? I would imagine

not.

How dare you pocket profits off songs about soldiers, their deaths and patriotism while

criticizing their Commander in Chief abroad, even while they prepare to give their lives

to ensure your own freedom of speech? Please ask yourself, what have you done to

deserve that sacrifice?

Do not try to justify your comments by claiming that you made them only because you

care about innocent lives. Never once in our history have we committed troops to war

for the purpose of taking innocent lives. We do it to protect innocent lives, even yours.

If the world leaders of the late 1930's had the vision and courage of our present

Commander in Chief, perhaps the evil men who caused the death of millions in WWII

would have never had the opportunity to harm a soul. The potential loss of millions of

lives in the future at the hands of today's evil men necessitate action.

In a separate correspondence, I am returning to you each and every Dixie Chicks CD

and cassette that I have ever purchased. Never again will I allow my funds to support

your behavior. All you have done is to add your name to a growing list of American

"Celebrities" who have failed to realize that they have obtained their successes on the

backs of the American blue-collar workers such as our servicemen and women.

To Natalie Maines: This Texan, this American will continue to risk his life to guarantee

your freedoms. What will you do to deserve it?

LT Layne McDowell

United States Navy

dez/null

Awards
**** THEM GODAMN FUCKING LIBERALS!!! THEY CAN STAY THERE!